The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

Certainly in some parts of the world that is true but in the UK and certainly in the Labour Party I'd say that 99% of criticism of Israel is down to its treatment of those in the occupied territories.

Are you also claiming that the United Nations is anti-Semitic because of the number of resolutions condemning Israel's actions?

drawing a comparison between the Nazis and Israel is Holocaust denial. Since Israel came into being the number of Palestinian Arabs has more than tripled in size, their life expectancy has doubled, they are much healthier than they were, their educational attainments are at a totally different level than before, and their incomes and general living standards, have massively improved.

in Nazi occupied Europe, 75% of all Jews were murdered in only a few years. There is no comparison at all and to say that there is is denying the Holocaust.

with regard to at least some of the ridiculous motions regarding Israel by the UN, I would say yes at least some of them are motivated by a latent antisemitism that tends to single out Israel while totally ignoring a large number of other countries with far worse records, and lesser democratic credentials.

drawing a comparison between the Nazis and Israel is Holocaust denial.

NO IT ISNT

denying the holocaust ever happened is holocaust denial :thumbsup:

If the Israeli government dont want to be compared to genocidal murderers then STOP commiting Genocidal murder...its pretty easy.

---------- Post added 01-08-2018 at 17:39 ----------

with regard to at least some of the ridiculous motions regarding Israel by the UN, I would say yes at least some of them are motivated by a latent antisemitism that tends to single out Israel while totally ignoring a large number of other countries with far worse records, and lesser democratic credentials.

What other countries have been indiscriminately attacking the Palestinian people?

---------- Post added 01-08-2018 at 17:49 ----------

in Nazi occupied Europe, 75% of all Jews were murdered in only a few years. There is no comparison at all and to say that there is is denying the Holocaust.

no it isnt, NOBODY (well apart from neo nazis) is denying the holocaust ever happened, or that many people didnt die.

Israel IS commiting atrocities on the Palestinian people, fully backed by the UK and US and they have now moved the goalposts to stop criticism and debate on the matter

reading through the official government definition

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/a-definition-of-antisemitism

i find this bit interesting

Holding Jews collectively responsible for actions of the state of Israel.

especially the first part of this paragraph

However, criticism of Israel similar to that leveled against any other country cannot be regarded as antisemitic. Antisemitic acts are criminal when they are so defined by law (for example, denial of the Holocaust or distribution of antisemitic materials in some countries).

i'd level the same criticism of genocidal acts at other countries too, NOT just Israel

Genocide in Rwanda for example

i'd level the same criticism of genocidal acts at other countries too, NOT just Israel

Genocide in Rwanda for example

sorry but you're just an imbecile.

Palestinian Arabs have tripled in population size since 1948 when Israel was created and it is continuing to rise. Their life expectancy has more than doubled. Their general health and key socio-economic indicators like infant mortality, etc have improved massively. Their access to education and health sefvices is much better than it was before, and as good or better than it is for Arabs elsewhere in the Middle East. Their employment and incomes, are high by the standards of most other Arabs and that goes not just for those Palestinian Arabs that are Israeli citizens, but also for those Arabs in the West Bank and Gaza too, that aren't.

are you joking? are you seriously comparing what happened to Rwandan Tutus, or Khmers in Cambodia, never mind Jews in Europe in WW2 with the Palestinians?

there is much more Palestinian Arabs now than there was before. They're living much longer, they're healthier, they have better educations, and they have more money, than they ever have.

that is a genocide?

if that is a genocide, then wouldn't you say that it is the most spectacularly incompetent genocide of all time?

sorry but you're just an imbecile.

Palestinian Arabs have tripled in population size since 1948 when Israel was created and it is continuing to rise. Their life expectancy has more than doubled. Their general health and key socio-economic indicators like infant mortality, etc have improved massively. Their access to education and health sefvices is much better than it was before, and as good or better than it is for Arabs elsewhere in the Middle East. Their employment and incomes, are high by the standards of most other Arabs and that goes not just for those Palestinian Arabs that are Israeli citizens, but also for those Arabs in the West Bank and Gaza too, that aren't.

are you joking? are you seriously comparing what happened to Rwandan Tutus, or Khmers in Cambodia, never mind Jews in Europe in WW2 with the Palestinians?

there is much more Palestinian Arabs now than there was before. They're living much longer, they're healthier, they have better educations, and they have more money, than they ever have.

that is a genocide?

if that is a genocide, then wouldn't you say that it is the most spectacularly incompetent genocide of all time?

I dont care how many there is, they are still being persecuted and killed sometimes in cold blood for being palestinian.

THAT IS WRONG.

when a palestinian kills a jew (which is wrong) its not just the perpetrator that is killed but also his family...and house is bulldozed.

THAT IS WRONG

Only his apology as broadcast on radio and tv, nothing definitive though. :rolleyes:

Im finding it strange , that some people on here had denied this had happened , then when it was confirmed to be true , ignored it and sent the thread in a different direction :huh: Then preferring to go on another thread about another person they have no control over :suspect:

---------- Post added 01-08-2018 at 22:32 ----------

I see the slippery Mr Vaz is in the news again today amid claims of bullying.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45031603

Apparently the investigation into his 2016 cocaine and male prostitute related allegations is still on going.

Makes Jared look a prince.

It does .....

---------- Post added 01-08-2018 at 23:15 ----------

The silence is deafening . Especially when all the usual suspects were online when I posted

I dont care how many there is, they are still being persecuted and killed sometimes in cold blood for being palestinian.

you've predictably failed to explain why if 'genocide' is happening to Arabs in Israel/Palestine, those Arabs are living much longer lifespans than they used to, they are in better health, they have better access to hospitals and education than before, and they have much higher incomes.

if the Israelis want to commit genocide against the Palestinians, why are they making such a bad job of it?

why have the numbers of Palestinians more than tripled in size since 1948?

are the Israelis spectacularly bad shots or something, and keep missing?

Im finding it strange , that some people on here had denied this had happened , then when it was confirmed to be true , ignored it and sent the thread in a different direction :huh: Then preferring to go on another thread about another person they have no control over :suspect:

---------- Post added 01-08-2018 at 22:32 ----------

It does .....

---------- Post added 01-08-2018 at 23:15 ----------

The silence is deafening . Especially when all the usual suspects were online when I posted

Corbyn is probably lying, in order to implicate himself :hihi:

THAT IS WRONG.

when a palestinian kills a jew (which is wrong) its not just the perpetrator that is killed but also his family...and house is bulldozed.

THAT IS WRONG

Have you got a citation for that happening?

Im finding it strange , that some people on here had denied this had happened

I'm finding it strange that you are claiming that people are denying it! :D

I just wonder if Corbyn has kicked this latest anti Semitic accusation into the arena during the parliamentary recess, on the basis that it will have cooled down by the time MP’s return. ;)

So he will share a platform with people he doesn't agree with when they are the IRA or Islamic militants, but he refused to share a platform with the likes of Tony Blair and David Cameron over their pro EU stance?

:loopy:

Good point! I guess the problem with having principles (e.g. "I'll discuss anything with anyone, even if I don't agree") is that if you don't stick to them, you look a little foolish.