The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

but you forgot the overall picture...so far :suspect::roll:

sounds like it was all over the place not just labour

also coming in

Which part of my post was incorrect, and I do beleive all my comments were about the Labour party, as this is the Labour party thread. :loopy:

Which part of my post was incorrect, and I do beleive all my comments were about the Labour party, as this is the Labour party thread. :loopy:

that they havent done any worse as other parties despite your obvious spin, and bias? sounds like all the parties are all over the place taking from each other

---------- Post added 04-05-2018 at 10:23 ----------

this wasnt mentioned in your spin

Mayor of London Sadiq Khan says Labour is heading for its best result in the capital since 1971.

Writing on Twitter, he said: "We've gained dozens of councillors in every corner of our city - in both inner and outer London - and we've won seats in parts of London unimaginable until now.

"We've won seats like the West End in Westminster and Barkingside in Redbridge - where we've never had a Labour Councillor before.

"This is another key stepping stone for London Labour in the continual progress we've been making since 2014 in local, mayoral and general elections - and paves the way for more progress in the future."

Mr Khan thanked campaigners, adding: "We should never apologise for being ambitious and fighting for every vote - and taking the fight to the Tories in every corner of our city."

---------- Post added 04-05-2018 at 10:25 ----------

looking at the ups and downs here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-43998600

the only 2 parties with downward trends is the tories and ukip, all the other parties are upward trends, including labour

that they havent done any worse as other parties despite your obvious spin, and bias? sounds like all the parties are all over the place taking from each other

It's the same thing agian though Mel,why haven't Labour absolutely smashed (to use a currrent term) these elections? Everyone is saying that these Tories are the worst we've had...what does that say for Labour?It's a genuine observation.....

It's the same thing agian though Mel,why haven't Labour absolutely smashed (to use a currrent term) these elections? Everyone is saying that these Tories are the worst we've had...what does that say for Labour?It's a genuine observation.....

I believe two things myself (Jeremy Corbyn) hes too quiet, he hides away, he doesnt really seize on things, hes a thinker not a doer.

Also i believe the successful move that the public have had to intolerance and the im alright jack attitude over the past 20 years which has resulted in the brexit leave vote, people in most cases are intolerant and dont care any more.

Saying that Labour have crept up again, like at the last general election, they havent "smashed it" but keep gaining on the tories and taking away their majority

I believe two things myself (Jeremy Corbyn) hes too quiet, he hides away, he doesnt really seize on things, hes a thinker not a doer.

Also i believe the successful move that the public have had to intolerance and the im alright jack attitude over the past 20 years which has resulted in the brexit leave vote, people in most cases are intolerant and dont care any more.

Saying that Labour have crept up again, like at the last general election, they havent "smashed it" but keep gaining on the tories and taking away their majority

According to the Guardian Labour have lost 1 council,Libs have gained 1 council and Tories neither lost nor gained..if you look here:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2018/may/04/local-council-election-results-2018-in-full?CMP=fb_gu

Labour have lost a lot of councillors in London...all the polls suggested thay they would win the biggest ever number... surely,with the Tories appearing to be so unpopular, they should be doing better..

According to the Guardian Labour have lost 1 council,Libs have gained 1 council and Tories neither lost nor gained..if you look here:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2018/may/04/local-council-election-results-2018-in-full?CMP=fb_gu

Labour have lost a lot of councillors in London...all the polls suggested thay they would win the biggest ever number... surely,with the Tories appearing to be so unpopular, they should be doing better..

im not looking at the individual gains and losses as it gets a bit complicated, but the overall gains and losses (ie:- labour up 37, tories down 2, libs up 40, ukip down 92)

also this professor gives an interesting insight

This set of election results looks remarkably similar to the outcome four years ago, says Professor Sir John Curtice.

The one exception is the collapse of UKIP vote which allowed the Conservatives to make gains, he says.

He suggests this sends "a clear signal" to the government that the strength of their electoral position depends on whether they can deliver a Brexit that appeals to Leave voters.

so ukip have collapsed, and most of those gains have then gone to the tories who are second best to ukip voters, NOT labour (which goes back to my earlier point about intolerance, former ukippers obviously find the tories more intolerant than labour so vote for them instead)

---------- Post added 04-05-2018 at 10:52 ----------

according to reports now Labour have gained massively in London and spread out, but all people can talk about is they lost a couple in london, what about the gains?

Before

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcV58VLW4AE_GDq.jpg

this is now

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcV58VJXUAEXC7O.jpg

that looks like theyve gained to me not lost, they mightve lost the odd seat but gained a lot?

Edited by melthebell

im not looking at the individual gains and losses as it gets a bit complicated, but the overall gains and losses (ie:- labour up 37, tories down 2, libs up 40, ukip down 92)

so ukip have collapsed, and most of those gains have then gone to the tories who are second best to ukip voters, NOT labour (which goes back to my earlier point about intolerance, former ukippers obviously find the tories more intolerant than labour so vote for them instead)

according to reports now Labour have gained massively in London and spread out, but all people can talk about is they lost a couple in london, what about the gains?

How have they gianed in London? Genuine question...if you look at the graph on the Guadian page I posted earlier they have lost councillors since 2014..am i missing something?

---------- Post added 04-05-2018 at 10:56 ----------

Before

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcV58VLW4AE_GDq.jpg

this is now

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcV58VJXUAEXC7O.jpg

that looks like theyve gained to me not lost, they mightve lost the odd seat but gained a lot?

What does the piccie show? Is it just one council?

Edited by truman

an absolutely terrible night for Labour in London and not just in the 'bagel belt' although they have done especially badly there. They were expecting to do much better.

How have they gianed in London? Genuine question...if you look at the graph on the Guadian page I posted earlier they have lost councillors since 2014..am i missing something?

---------- Post added 04-05-2018 at 10:56 ----------

What does the piccie show? Is it just one council?

an absolutely terrible night for Labour in London and not just in the 'bagel belt' although they have done especially badly there. They were expecting to do much better.

are you two seeing the same election results as me? :suspect:

everything i have read has said labour have made massive gains in london

---------- Post added 04-05-2018 at 10:25 ----------

looking at the ups and downs here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-43998600

the only 2 parties with downward trends is the tories and ukip, all the other parties are upward trends, including labour

Yet as I stated they still failed in their major objectives of Barnet, Wandsworth and Westminster. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5690141/Local-elections-2018-LIVE-Conservatives-record-biggest-gains-results-come-England.html

Plus Labour managed to Lose 4 (but gain 1) in Sheffield. A poor night for Labour, a Good night For Lib Dems and Greens, and a disaster for UKIP.

Gains and losses

Gains:

The Conservative Party gained control of Barnet, Peterborough and Basildon.

Labour gained control of Plymouth.

The Liberal Democrats gained control of Richmond-Upon Thames.

Losses:

The Convervative Party lost Richmond-Upon-Thames, Plymouth and Trafford.

Labour lost Derby and Nuneaton and Bedworth.

The Liberal Democrats have had no losses.

So Labour Gained 1 council, but lost 3; so 2 down

Conservatives Gained 3 and lost 3; so no change.

In what world did Labour do better than the Conservatives?

are you two seeing the same election results as me? :suspect:

everything i have read has said labour have made massive gains in london

I'm seeing the ones in the Guardian....where are you looking?

I'm seeing the ones in the Guardian....where are you looking?

Probably the Canary :hihi: