The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

Doesn't it strike you as odd that Labour go in for heavy positive discrimination regarding gender, but have had no female leaders and always seem to operate on a heavily male dominated inner core?

Perhaps positive discrimination is not the solution to the under-representation of women in politics.

No good male leaders either ;)

Then we get onto the vast number of elderly and low income people who will continue to struggle to heat their homes using gas imported at great cost.

Didn't we have this under previous governments too?

Yes, I think we did.

Funny how these things slip your mind.

Didn't we have this under previous governments too?

Yes, I think we did.

Funny how these things slip your mind.

We always have that. I tend to dislike policies put forward by politicians who attack their opponents for failing to help/hurting the poor and then put forward policies that will casually hurt them far more. The harm is less direct but that doesn't mean anything to me.

Edited by unbeliever

McDonnell dropped the bombshell on BBC News this morning - heavy borrowing again for their zany schemes.

Yeah, right. Because the schools BSF and other PFIs worked so well didn't they?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-37468209

---------- Post added 26-09-2016 at 10:21 ----------

Plus, why call one now when you can sit back and watch the Labour car crash a little more and watch Corbyn run the party into the ground, and possibly force a split. :)

that McDonnell sounds like a nasty piece of work

This is very likely the man most responsible for the abusive atmosphere within the labour party, which is especially targeting "disloyal" female MPs in the most offensive way.

I dislike him even more than I dislike Ed Balls. And that's a lot.

With good motives?

I think he is the brains behind Corbyns success.

With good motives?

I think he is the brains behind Corbyns success.

what success ? leading a party that has zero chance of winning the next election

This is very likely the man most responsible for the abusive atmosphere within the labour party, which is especially targeting "disloyal" female MPs in the most offensive way.

I dislike him even more than I dislike Ed Balls. And that's a lot.

He is a sinister individual. He said he thought a female MP ought to be lynched recently.

Yes people say worse things to each other all the time but not usually politicians.

He defended it by saying he's angry and it's better to show you are angry than hide the anger.

Mhmm.

He is a sinister individual. He said he thought a female MP ought to be lynched recently.

Yes people say worse things to each other all the time but not usually politicians.

He defended it by saying he's angry and it's better to show you are angry than hide the anger.

Mhmm.

.........he will certainly be very angry with anyone who does not dance to his tune if he once gets his hands on power!.........black uniform and jackboots anyone?

Mhmm.

The problem is that he's a leader of a large movement. He's setting a bad example. That bad example is being followed and in some cases magnified by his followers. He knows this I suspect and doesn't care because he has such hate for those who are in his way.

Politics has got very strange again. It looks like at the election for the two main parties the choice is going to be between hard left and hard right. Ukip is obsolete. Nationalists have captured Scotland and have a good chance of driving forward in Wales. A new party needs to come onto the scene to represent the centre ground in England.

Politics has got very strange again. It looks like at the election for the two main parties the choice is going to be between hard left and hard right. Ukip is obsolete. Nationalists have captured Scotland and have a good chance of driving forward in Wales. A new party needs to come onto the scene to represent the centre ground in England.

Agreed. Hence the "Who will replace Labour ... thread and poll".

Although I have trouble with the description of the current crop of Conservatives as "Hard Right" as the overall tax system is rather progressive and the tax to GDP ratio is quite high in historical terms.