The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

5 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Id hazard a guess Corbin isnt popular with our armed forces because of his support of the terrorists of Hamas and the IRA. 

or its full of people with views like yours?

dangerous people allowed guns

6 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Id hazard a guess Corbin isnt popular with our armed forces because of his support of the terrorists of Hamas and the IRA. 

So are they also shooting pictures of John Major and Tony Blair?

14 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

So you support the soldier's actions?

31 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Although I believe in community and are sympathetic to a number of Labour policies...I simply cannot get past the IRA support.

I will never ever vote for a man whose friends thought it 'just' to kill a three year old out buying a card for his mother...nor the poor lad who died with him.

I know people close to the victims forgave...but I never will.

I do not think I am alone in thinking that.

I reckon most parents with kids will feel the same.

53 minutes ago, melthebell said:

yeah theres always been a right wing connection, suppose its the whole Patriotism, Nationalism, fighting for this great country etc bobbins

Bobbins , really 

10 minutes ago, crazyhorse said:

I will never ever vote for a man whose friends thought it 'just' to kill a three year old out buying a card for his mother...nor the poor lad who died with him.

So you are basing your voting preferences on something that you read on the internet that isn't true?

Doesn't that make you look a bit foolish?

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

So you are basing your voting preferences on something that you read on the internet that isn't true?

Doesn't that make you look a bit foolish?

So those two kids weren't murdered then?

Perhaps I am foolish to base my voting preferences on things I read, as perhaps I do not have such a refined credibility filter as yourself.

I guess however we are all foolish to some extent....didn't some loon suggest a while back, that we could still maintain some submarines as a deterrent, but save a few bob on the missiles?

Can't remember his name....

4 minutes ago, crazyhorse said:

So those two kids weren't murdered then?

No, Jeremy Corbyn has never supported the IRA.

LOL, even though i think Corbyns been useless the past 2 years.....hes not politically as impotent as i thought, this meeting with May has really rattled some right wing minds :P

23 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

No, Jeremy Corbyn has never supported the IRA.

Unfortunately he is perceived to have done so...reinforced by the company he has kept over the years.

Perception is everything.

At one point I perceived Tony Blair to be a new type of politician and was persuaded to vote for him...

Now I know better.

Back then I perceived politicians as generally honest people, who at least were trying to make the world a better place.

Now after shelling out for their flipped houses, broken pipes under tennis courts and moat drainage, I think otherwise.

Especially as they do not honour the promises they were elected on.

Call be old fashioned, but if I promise to do something...I do it.

They are all in it for the power and the money...why else would they study the subject at University, unless expecting some career payback?

Politicians should be born, not trained...

Give me a Dennis Skinner over an Yvette Cooper or a David Cameron any day...at least the guy knows something of the world outside politics.

3 minutes ago, crazyhorse said:

Unfortunately he is perceived to have done so...reinforced by the company he has kept over the years.

So now you are saying that you wouldn’t vote For him because Jeremy Corbyn is perceived as a supporter of the IRA?

That makes you look even more foolish.

15 minutes ago, crazyhorse said:

Perception is everything.

so that means you wont vote for somebody who people think is a terrorist sympathiser even though he isnt? wow, whatever happened to thinking for yourself? grow some balls.