The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

12 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

They've been released pending further investigation. 

So what have they been convicted of?

8 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

So what have they been convicted of?

Who says they've been convicted of anything!?  

People don't tend to get arrested and convicted in the space of a day! 

Edited by Robin-H

I had trouble understanding this for a long time. I was a Labour supporter for decades and anti-Semitism was never a mainstream theme. The party was mainly centre ground, moderate and the lunatics kept on the fringes, since the mid 80s anyway.

Now I understand it completely. The extrememists have been allowed to grab the agenda, just as they have in the Tory party. They’re down their own left wing rabbit hole, just like those who have their own right wing rabbit hole.

They are extremists with their inner voices extinguished and the brakes fully off, spouting whatever imaginary conspiracy crap they feel like.

They haven’t just crossed the line, they don’t even know the line is there.

Disgusting people

15 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Who says they've been convicted of anything!?  

You and Obelix seem to be implying that they are guilty of something even though they haven't even been charged with anything.

Here in England we presume that someone is innocent until proven guilty.

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Well yes, given that three people have been arrested and released without charge!

All three have been released pending further inquiries.

56 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

You and Obelix seem to be implying that they are guilty of something even though they haven't even been charged with anything.

Here in England we presume that someone is innocent until proven guilty.

People incorrectly assuming things seems to be a common occurrence on this forum. 

No, I did not imply that they were guilty. The only post I made on the matter was 'they have been released pending further investigation'. That is a factually correct statement that doesn't comment on their innocence or guilt at all, unless the BBC article was also implying they were guilty? 

3 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

The only post I made on the matter was 'they have been released pending further investigation'. 

Does that make them more likely to be guilty?

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Does that make them more likely to be guilty?

Lol. Obviously not. 

6 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Lol. Obviously not. 

Well there we go then.

Let's see if anything comes of it.

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

I had trouble understanding this for a long time. I was a Labour supporter for decades and anti-Semitism was never a mainstream theme. The party was mainly centre ground, moderate and the lunatics kept on the fringes, since the mid 80s anyway.

Now I understand it completely. The extrememists have been allowed to grab the agenda, just as they have in the Tory party. They’re down their own left wing rabbit hole, just like those who have their own right wing rabbit hole.

They are extremists with their inner voices extinguished and the brakes fully off, spouting whatever imaginary conspiracy crap they feel like.

They haven’t just crossed the line, they don’t even know the line is there.

Disgusting people

And yet the criticism of the high profile right wing MP Suella Braverman's strong rebuke by the Board of Deputies of British Jews received very little publicity.

Edited by Mister M

13 hours ago, Mister M said:

And yet the criticism of the high profile right wing MP Suella Braverman's strong rebuke by the Board of Deputies of British Jews received very little publicity.

No it hasn't.  Every newspaper has covered it, as well as some of her previous escapades. 

14 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

I said this pages ago.  When I supported Labour it was all about how nasty the Tories were and how they were damaging the country.

My local MP, Clive Betts, never raised the issue of Israel or Palestine in his election leaflets.

Labour party conferences were about the UK, Palestinian flags weren't flown.

Image result for labour conference palestine flags

I'll just leave this here....

Jeremy Corbyn could be poised for Downing Street if May calls an election after shock poll reveals Labour have taken a FIVE-point lead over Tories…

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6868745/Jeremy-Corbyn-PM-calls-election-shock-poll-reveals-Labour-five-point-lead.html