The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

I'm fairly certain it'll be for antisemetic remarks and I'm fairly certain the usual Momentum apologists will be squirming and saying well it doesnt specifically say that it's for being a Jew hater....

But we all know thats what it is for.

Interesting article here, especially if there's a forthcoming election and the Brexit matter.

Why young people are abandoning Jeremy Corbyn

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/esmagazine/jeremy-corbyn-young-voters-a4100906.html

But no doubt the usual worshippers will be along to shout MEDIA BIAS and the other usual excuses.

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

Interesting article here, especially if there's a forthcoming election and the Brexit matter.

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/esmagazine/jeremy-corbyn-young-voters-a4100906.html

But no doubt the usual worshippers will be along to shout MEDIA BIAS and the other usual excuses.

well, i have had a quick glance through the article, and no where can i see any statistics that backs up the claim that the young people are abandoning Corbyn, it was just an interview, but if you can point out any statistics in it i will gladly have a look, so until that point i think we can dismiss it as more disinformation..

Edited by banjodeano

20 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

well, i have had a quick glance through the article, and no where can i see any statistics that backs up the claim that the young people are abandoning Corbyn, it was just an interview, but if you can point out any statistics in it i will gladly have a look, so until that point i think we can dismiss it as more disinformation..

Here are some statistics.  I would image the trend has been more pronounced since Nov as his intentions on Brexit have become clearer (if I can say that..) 

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2018/11/23/are-young-people-abandoning-labour

19 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Here are some statistics.  I would image the trend has been more pronounced since Nov as his intentions on Brexit have become clearer (if I can say that..) 

His intentions on Brexit have always been clear.

He opposes EU membership and would like to see the UK leave. The majority of Labour voters voted against Brexit, the majority of Labour MPs are opposed to Brexit and the majority of the Labour membership are against Brexit.

That is why he has to go.

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

He opposes EU membership and would like to see the UK leave. The majority of Labour voters voted against Brexit, the majority of Labour MPs are opposed to Brexit and the majority of the Labour membership are against Brexit.

That is why he has to go.

I think a lot of the young people who voted for him didn't realise his views on the EU. 

Edited by Robin-H

2 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Like I've said all along, no action, no opposition, especially on Brexit, and no chance of winning his holy grail...a GE

Edited by melthebell

1 hour ago, Robin-H said:

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2018/11/23/are-young-people-abandoning-labour

Cue banjodeano dismissing it because the YouGov CEO is a member of the conservative party and so the date is clearly suspect and more FAKE JEWS.

44 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

My god.  We're in agreement again. What is going on here?

I think the point is a valid one though. While political observers have known his true position on Brexit for a long time, the perception amongst the young that he is a champion for the Remainers has lingered long.

34 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Well yes, given that three people have been arrested and released without charge!

They've been released pending further investigation.