The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

No poll represents everyone unless you poll 100% of voters.

Are you disputing that 65% of Labour voters voted remain simply because all of them weren't asked?

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

That could have worked but given the Tories can't agree with each other (and Labour have similar albeit less deep divisiins) I think it would have just been more people round a bigger table shouting at each other!

I think what would have happened is everybody would have their say and then May would ignore it all and do what she had planned to do all along.

But it was absurd that she didn't have full cross party input on Brexit.

According to this site:

70% of Labour Constituencies Voted to Leave the EU

https://labourheartlands.com/labour-constituencies-voted-to-leave-the-eu/

A more balanced site:

Bar chart showing the numbers of seats held by British parties that voted Leave or Remain

https://fullfact.org/europe/did-majority-conservative-and-labour-constituencies-vote-leave-eu-referendum/

No matter how you try and dress it up, more Labour areas voted LEAVE than REMAIN - which goes at odds with their respective MPs.

Edited by alchresearch

25 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

No matter how you try and dress it up, more Labour areas voted LEAVE than REMAIN - which goes at odds with their respective MPs.

The problem with the vague term 'areas' is that Labour areas are made up voters of all political persuasions.

As the vote was so close in many areas, a Labour constituency can return a Leave result even if the majority of Labour supporters vote remain and vice versa.

It is much more useful to actually ask individuals how they voted by means of a poll than trying to extrapolate how people may have voted based on their constituency result.

10 hours ago, melthebell said:

He's a politician, it's part of the job, they all lie

They probably do 'all lie' but in this case I don't think he did, despite what some of the lip-readers say. 

Anyway, I'm really not bothered about what he said now, because in view of far more important things the politicians should be dealing with, all this fuss in the media about what he said is really a non issue. 

2 minutes ago, janie48 said:

They probably do 'all lie' but in this case I don't think he did, despite what some of the lip-readers say. 

Anyway, I'm really not bothered about what he said now, because in view of far more important things the politicians should be dealing with, all this fuss in the media about what he said is really a non issue. 

Well said, I couldn't agree more.

Instead let's talk about the 600 homeless rough sleepers who died last year thanks to Tory Austerity measures. 

5 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Instead let's talk about the 600 homeless rough sleepers who died last year thanks to Tory Austerity measures. 

People can talk about what they want thank you.

7 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Stop changing the subject Anna,  frivolous comments about Corbyn being scruffy and unintelligent only please!

28 minutes ago, Anna B said:

A tragic figure, which clearly has more influences than a catchy 'Tory austerity' reason. Cuts probably influence the figures. Do you think a Labour government would drive the figure drastically lower? How specifically will they do it?

1 minute ago, woodview said:

A tragic figure, which clearly has more influences than a catchy 'Tory austerity' reason. Cuts probably influence the figures. Do you think a Labour government would drive the figure drastically lower? How specifically will they do it?

What do you think is influencing the figures?

8 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

What do you think is influencing the figures?

Take a look at this on another thread

http://www.helpushelp.uk/blog/our-outreach-teams-out-on-the-streets-daily?fbclid=IwAR1fyN53Id93RLXAoucQFUoN3RLcgAVWZt3e6uwvHm0JgSgF76KXnFjmGio

Simply blaming the tories is silly. I'm not a tory and am an ex-labour voter, but just making comments like that isn't helpful to those at risk, or persuasive to others.

56 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I was shocked and horrified when I heard those details that the Office of National Statistics has revealed. 

I would like to believe a Labour government would put an end to the growing worsening homeless situation the U K has been experiencing since 2010.

Whether they would deal with it successfully I really can't say, they certainly can't do any worse than this present government. 

Edited by janie48