The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

3 minutes ago, apelike said:

So the results are based and weighed on how people voted in a GE.. Sorry but this all seems very confusing as the referendum was not on political lines.

It was actually a right vs left issue, but as far as the you gov poll was conducted, it was a multi-question survey which would have gone along the lines of something like this.

Did you vote Leave/Remain?

What age are you?

What sex are you.

Are you employed/unemployed/retired?

At the last election, how did you vote?

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

There does need to be a general election.

He didn’t call the referendum.

He hasn’t presided over the most inept management of that situation there could possibly have been. 

Ah, excellent - you know what corbyn would have gone for in the EU negotiations. 

4 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Ah, excellent - you know what corbyn would have gone for in the EU negotiations. 

Him and other spokespersons have been consistently clear about what they wanted.

Sadly, the EU would never offer anything like that.

1 minute ago, andyofborg said:

Him and other spokespersons have been consistently clear about what they wanted.

Sadly, the EU would never offer anything like that.

Really? At the last conference their position varied several times a day.

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Really? At the last conference their position varied several times a day.

their position has become less vague, but equally clearly more unattainable unless we were to occupy a niche between the boundaries of EEA/EFTA and the EU proper. 

So, he wants unicorn cake for everyone and has presumed May never asked for it?

Out of curiosity, does the opposition get access to transcripts of the negotiations or are they left to guess on how they went?

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

So, he wants unicorn cake for everyone and has presumed May never asked for it?

we all want our unicorns.

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

Out of curiosity, does the opposition get access to transcripts of the negotiations or are they left to guess on how they went?

I imagine some of the senior members would do, but I guess they would be on privy council terms. 

4 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I guess that under data protection rules they would need the permission of the EU negotiators as well as the UK government.

One thing is very clear. Corbyn wants to to remain in the EU, despite him not trusting them. He says that the EU has done more for employment and the environment than we would have done alone. But is he trustworthy to run the country as PM or would he become a puppet for Junckers and his cronies? 

Guest makapaka
30 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

No I don’t. 

Neither do you.

We know what the conservatives have done.

1 minute ago, BrexitGuy said:

One thing is very clear. Corbyn wants to to remain in the EU, despite him not trusting them. He says that the EU has done more for employment and the environment than we would have done alone. But is he trustworthy to run the country as PM or would he become a puppet for Junckers and his cronies? 

I don't think it is clear Corbyn wants to remain, labour party policy was to remain and as far as anyone can work out  probably is to maintain a close relationship.

Corbyn may have a number of faults, but being someone's puppet isn't one of them. 

Just now, andyofborg said:

I don't think it is clear Corbyn wants to remain, labour party policy was to remain and as far as anyone can work out  probably is to maintain a close relationship.

Corbyn may have a number of faults, but being someone's puppet isn't one of them. 

There's many views on Corbyn. I personally think he wants to stay with the EU, but I think he's missed a trick with Brexit. Maybe if he used his doubts to side with the leave campaign, his credibility could have been saved. Too late for him now. He just isn't PM material.