The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

The point is that you don't have to take your card to be able to vote...

And that's perhaps why voter fraud is increasing PLUS why voter ID is already compulsory in Northern Ireland.

Let it be extended to the whole UK.

The point is that you don't have to take your card to be able to vote...

Do you not? I didn't know that.

Surely that would be an easy thing to tighten up.

I've always taken my polling card (delivered by post) to the designated polling station, and my name / number is crosschecked by a clerk, and crossed out on a register when I vote.

This always seems a very safe and secure system to me.

of course it isn't. What about all the people who share mail boxes.

---------- Post added 30-04-2018 at 04:27 ----------

Postal votes are necessary because not everyone can get to a polling station, the elderly or infirm for example.

that's a bit of a joke too. What if the polling station is closer to the the person's house than the nearest post box is?

Do you not? I didn't know that.

Surely that would be an easy thing to tighten up.

"

You do not need your polling card in order to vote. Just turn up and tell the staff your name and address"

From here

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/may/06/how-do-i-vote-general-election-polling-what-need-to-know

Another great Diane Abbot carcrash interview today:

Does anyone (even the St Jeremy lovers) believe this MP is capable of been the Home Secretary and running the Department.

Angel1.

Labour seriously need to get Alan Johnson back, even though he had his own "Windrush" moments.

Does anyone (even the St Jeremy lovers) believe this MP is capable of been the Home Secretary and running the Department.

Angel1.

I must admit, she annoys me to death. She has a very unfortunate manner of speaking that rubs me up the wrong way. Also prone to gaffes (aren't they all...) But she's loyal and a hard worker

Because if they didnt they would keep up the constant hate campaign against corbyn saying he is doing nothing about antisemitism...look at the facts and make your own mind up

So you are saying ,that Jeremy who is lauded for being honest and fair with strong moral values , actually threw out a member of his party ,( who you imply was innocent) just to look like he is doing something about anti semitism

So you are saying ,that Jeremy who is lauded for being honest and fair with strong moral values , actually threw out a member of his party ,( who you imply was innocent) just to look like he is doing something about anti semitism

yeah.....what do you think happened then? the guy was originally accused of antisemitism, then it was changed to bringing the party into disrepute, no mention of antisemitism, so how do you view it then?

yeah.....what do you think happened then? the guy was originally accused of antisemitism, then it was changed to bringing the party into disrepute, no mention of antisemitism, so how do you view it then?

So Jeremy sacrificed him ?

---------- Post added 30-04-2018 at 19:25 ----------

Labour seriously need to get Alan Johnson back, even though he had his own "Windrush" moments.

I agree with you

Angel1.

To be fair, Boris is running the Foreign Office.

So anything is possible