The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

Obviously you have never voted... Do you actually think you are anonymous? :hihi::hihi:

Before receiving your voting paper you have to fill in a census, which is checked against all previous information held about you: If you have a Gas, Telephone, Electric, Sky/TV, Bank, Pay Pal, Mortgage, Rent, Online accounts, Supermarket shopping, Facebook, Dating sites, Hospital records, Google. Driving licence, Passport etc...They KNOW exactly who you are.

Even the people supervising the vote will live in your area and will probably know you. At least they do in my village.

The Government and those who 'need to know' will know everything about you.

On your voting paper is a number, which is you....

Perhaps that is why you don't vote?

I've been voting for over 40 years... :) not everyone lives in a village..the people at the polling staion won't know me from Adam by sight,I could be anyone..I could go to another town and pretend to be someone else and vote in their stead should I want to.. no need for a voting slip or ID..voting fraud is easy..why would you have a problem with showing ID at a polling station?

Edited by truman

Clearly this Labour activist lacks 'Momentum'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43920227

and quiet clearly this activist has been stitched up...

He was originally accused of Antisemitism, although he never used any antisemitic language, but the accusation of antisemitism was dropped, he has now been expelled for bringing the party into disrepute, apparently it is due to his criticism of Ruth Smeeth working hand in glove with Tory Papers, so now you are not even allowed to criticise anyone who happens to be a Jew,

Labour has expelled an activist for bringing the party into disrepute after he criticised a Jewish MP at the launch of an anti-Semitism report.

Marc Wadsworth accused Ruth Smeeth of working "hand in hand" with the media to undermine Labour.

Labour's National Constitutional Committee found he breached the party's rules and should be thrown out.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/apr/27/labour-activist-marc-wadsworth-expelled-from-party-over-antisemitism-row

He was charged with bringing the party into disrepute, rather than antisemitism, which was not a specific offence in the Labour rulebook at the time of the incident.

and quiet clearly this activist has been stitched up...

He was originally accused of Antisemitism, although he never used any antisemitic language, but the accusation of antisemitism was dropped, he has now been expelled for bringing the party into disrepute, apparently it is due to his criticism of Ruth Smeeth working hand in glove with Tory Papers, so now you are not even allowed to criticise anyone who happens to be a Jew,

Labour has expelled an activist for bringing the party into disrepute after he criticised a Jewish MP at the launch of an anti-Semitism report.

Marc Wadsworth accused Ruth Smeeth of working "hand in hand" with the media to undermine Labour.

Labour's National Constitutional Committee found he breached the party's rules and should be thrown out.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/apr/27/labour-activist-marc-wadsworth-expelled-from-party-over-antisemitism-row

He was charged with bringing the party into disrepute, rather than antisemitism, which was not a specific offence in the Labour rulebook at the time of the incident.

So who do you think "stitched him up " ?

Come on hackey, work it out?

The Blairites..

Come on hackey, work it out?

All I know is the Labour party threw him out , if they thought he was innocent why would they do that ?

All I know is the Labour party threw him out , if they thought he was innocent why would they do that ?

And all I know is, they're damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Because if they didnt they would keep up the constant hate campaign against corbyn saying he is doing nothing about antisemitism...look at the facts and make your own mind up

I've been voting for over 40 years... :) not everyone lives in a village..the people at the polling staion won't know me from Adam by sight,I could be anyone..I could go to another town and pretend to be someone else and vote in their stead should I want to.. no need for a voting slip or ID..voting fraud is easy..why would you have a problem with showing ID at a polling station?

It would be better to understand the scale of the problem first.

How much fraud is there?

It would be better to understand the scale of the problem first.

How much fraud is there?

I disagree.

We should have an electoral system that is much more robust than this one. We also need to make it easier to vote. I’d be in favour of auto enrollment, maybe from Council Tax records. We should also look at an i d system and different ways of voting, including electronic methods.

I can never understand why we have postal votes and why we don't need to show ID at the polling station...both of these things leave the system wide open for fiddling..

I've always taken my polling card (delivered by post) to the designated polling station, and my name / number is crosschecked by a clerk, and crossed out on a register when I vote.

This always seems a very safe and secure system to me.

Postal votes are necessary because not everyone can get to a polling station, the elderly or infirm for example.

I've always taken my polling card (delivered by post) to the designated polling station, and my name / number is crosschecked by a clerk, and crossed out on a register when I vote.

This always seems a very safe and secure system to me.

Postal votes are necessary because not everyone can get to a polling station, the elderly or infirm for example.

The point is that you don't have to take your card to be able to vote...