The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

The decision to fire Long-Bailey is a travesty of justice, 

23 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Not at all, but you have to get your news from various sources, you laugh and deride the fact that people have the opinion that all the AS stuff was used as a tool to bring down Corbyn, if you take your time to search  and read various articles both for and against the argument, then you will have a balanced view.......

what would you think if it indeed did turn out to be true that all this AS was actually mostly fabricated? i have read a lot of the report, and if it turns out to be true then it really is shocking, not just for the labour party, but democracy in general

You’ve gone from saying you’ve read the report to saying you’ve read a lot of the report.  Interesting.

According to the Guardian:

“The new internal report, seen by the Guardian, said it had found no evidence of antisemitism complaints being treated differently to other forms of complaint, or of current or former staff being “motivated by antisemitic intent.”

If there was no problem with anti-Semitism in the Labour Party why would this group need to disrupt the complaints process?  There would be no complaints in the first place.

If the complaint process was indeed disrupted to undermine Corbyn then there must be a problem with anti-Semitism in the first place.

You can’t have it both ways.  

Edited by Arnold_Lane

14 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

You’ve gone from saying you’ve read the report to saying you’ve read a lot of the report.  Interesting.

According to the Guardian:

“The new internal report, seen by the Guardian, said it had found no evidence of antisemitism complaints being treated differently to other forms of complaint, or of current or former staff being “motivated by antisemitic intent.”

If there was no problem with anti-Semitism in the Labour Party why would this group need to disrupt the complaints process?  There would be no complaints in the first place.

If the complaint process was indeed disrupted to undermine Corbyn then there must be a problem with anti-Semitism in the first place.

You can’t have it both ways.  

The report is 860 pages long, i have read most of it, how much have you read?????

but you choose to get your balanced view from the Gauridan...lol

you say..."If there was no problem with anti-Semitism in the Labour Party why would this group need to disrupt the complaints process?  There would be no complaints in the first place.".....that doesnt make sense, what are you even talking about? people can make complaints maliciously, just because there are complaints it doesnt mean they are true, incidentally as it turned out a great big fat majority of these were baseless, 

43 minutes ago, Halibut said:

The decision to fire Long-Bailey is a travesty of justice, 

indeed, it was just the excuse that starmer needed, from what i understand she shared a post that contained a lot of stuff, and starmer and his cronies cherry picked  just the one item that they thought they could pass off as AS

4 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

The report is 860 pages long, i have read most of it, how much have you read?????

but you choose to get your balanced view from the Gauridan...lol

you say..."If there was no problem with anti-Semitism in the Labour Party why would this group need to disrupt the complaints process?  There would be no complaints in the first place.".....that doesnt make sense, what are you even talking about? people can make complaints maliciously, just because there are complaints it doesnt mean they are true, incidentally as it turned out a great big fat majority of these were baseless, 

For our benefit, can you point to the part of the report that says the great big fat majority of the complaints were baseless?

3 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

For our benefit, can you point to the part of the report that says the great big fat majority of the complaints were baseless?

erm, no, go and do some research yourself and then come back

3 hours ago, banjodeano said:

Starmer will never gain the support of the left whilst he makes the choices of getting rid of people like RBL on trumped up antisemitism charges, he talks about unity but has no intention of uniting the left and the right within the party,  the talk about unity is a sham, why didnt he talk about unity when the blairites were knifing Corbyn in the back? the right now want to talk about unity now they have control of the party

perhaps he doesn't particularly want it, it's quite clear to everyone but the left that there isn't the support in the wider electorate for a leftish government.

Had Ms Long-Bailey deleted the inappropriate tweet then she would still be in post. however she chose not too and really Starmer had no choice. 

4 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

erm, no, go and do some research yourself and then come back

So, you claim that the majority of complaints were baseless despite admitting at 860 pages the report is too long for you then won't provide the evidence to back up what you said.

No more needs saying Deano.

2 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

So, you claim that the majority of complaints were baseless despite admitting at 860 pages the report is too long for you then won't provide the evidence to back up what you said.

No more needs saying Deano.

do your own research,

I dont need to back up my claim, its common knowledge, my claim that the majority of the cases were thrown out and completely unfounded are true, i think it was less than 1%

12 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

do your own research,

I dont need to back up my claim, its common knowledge, my claim that the majority of the cases were thrown out and completely unfounded are true, i think it was less than 1%

If you didn't read the whole report you can't have gotten as far the executive summary otherwise your comment above is ludicrous:

For your benefit, the report:

"thoroughly disproves any suggestion that antisemitism is not a problem in the Party", or that it is all a "smear" or a "witch-hunt". The reports findings prove the scale of the problem, and could help end denialism amongst parts of the Party membership which has further hurt Jewish members and the Jewish community."

Comments Deano?

Edited by Arnold_Lane

16 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

If you didn't read the whole report you can't have gotten as far the executive summary otherwise your comment above is ludicrous:

For your benefit, the report:

"thoroughly disproves any suggestion that antisemitism is not a problem in the Party", or that it is all a "smear" or a "witch-hunt". The reports findings prove the scale of the problem, and could help end denialism amongst parts of the Party membership which has further hurt Jewish members and the Jewish community."

Comments Deano?

on which page does that appear?

7 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

on which page does that appear?

Page 11.  I'd hope you got that far but previous posts suggest not.

Edited by Arnold_Lane

4 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Page 11.  I'd hope you got that far but previous posts suggest not.

Thanks, i will give you that one, 

but the report  shows how right-wing Labour officials sabotaged the party during Jeremy Corbyn’s time as leader, and The report blows apart the myth that Corbyn’s LOTO – Leader of the Opposition’s Office – was responsible for undermining efforts to deal effectively with antisemitism in the party. It instead shows that Blairite officials, motivated by hostility to Corbyn’s left-wing politics, made a concerted effort to scupper the handling of complaints.

https://www.counterfire.org/articles/analysis/21098-labour-s-explosive-report-shows-how-right-wing-officials-sabotaged-the-party