The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

This is a good right up about how the right in the party sabotaged Corbyn's attempt to become PM...

it states...

The central conclusion of the report is that the old Blairite apparatus systematically failed to investigate complaints about antisemitism for factional and political reasons. It dismantles the claim, popularised by a Panorama programme last year and amplified by the press, that the Leader’s Office was responsible for these failures.

https://www.counterfire.org/articles/analysis/21098-labour-s-explosive-report-shows-how-right-wing-officials-sabotaged-the-party

20 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

This is a good right up about how the right in the party sabotaged Corbyn's attempt to become PM...

it states...

The central conclusion of the report is that the old Blairite apparatus systematically failed to investigate complaints about antisemitism for factional and political reasons. It dismantles the claim, popularised by a Panorama programme last year and amplified by the press, that the Leader’s Office was responsible for these failures.

https://www.counterfire.org/articles/analysis/21098-labour-s-explosive-report-shows-how-right-wing-officials-sabotaged-the-party

It’s bloody depressing banjo.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-leak-report-corbyn-election-whatsapp-antisemitism-tories-yougov-poll-a9462456.html

Yeah yeah blah blah it was all big conspiracy against him.   Its was all their fault that the investigations were hampered....

Talk about trying to make excuses.    This internal document and the "leaking" of it has already raised significant eyebrows. 

Silly old duffer just wont go away quietly will he.    "....in for me...  in for me..  They all got it in for me...." screamed Kenneth.

4 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Yeah yeah blah blah it was all big conspiracy against him.   Its was all their fault that the investigations were hampered....

Talk about trying to make excuses.    This internal document and the "leaking" of it has already raised significant eyebrows. 

Silly old duffer just wont go away quietly will he.    "....in for me...  in for me..  They all got it in for me...." screamed Kenneth.

What a bizarre post!

3 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

What a bizarre post!

yup, really unworthy of a response, surprised you even bothered?

I am slowly making my way through the 850 paged document, it really is quite alarming, i already new the labour party were corrupt and rotten to the core, but now its out there in the open, i wonder what position Starmer  will take,  although i am sure he will try his best to sweep it under the carpet..

46 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

yup, really unworthy of a response, surprised you even bothered?

I am slowly making my way through the 850 paged document, it really is quite alarming, i already new the labour party were corrupt and rotten to the core, but now its out there in the open, i wonder what position Starmer  will take,  although i am sure he will try his best to sweep it under the carpet..

I see the (anonymous) authors are still maintaining Labour came close to winning in 2017 - despite finishing  over 50 seats behind the Tories.

Delusional.

4 minutes ago, Longcol said:

I see the (anonymous) authors are still maintaining Labour came close to winning in 2017 - despite finishing  over 50 seats behind the Tories.

Delusional.

i think they were close to winning, i read somewhere that it was a matter of 2,500 votes in the right place could have got labour into power, i wouldnt call that delusional, and if they hadnt got labour mp' working for the tories, who knows what the outcome may have been, as stated in the report certain labour mp's were actively plotting against their own party

3 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

i think they were close to winning, i read somewhere that it was a matter of 2,500 votes in the right place could have got labour into power, i wouldnt call that delusional, and if they hadnt got labour mp' working for the tories, who knows what the outcome may have been, as stated in the report certain labour mp's were actively plotting against their own party

They got 750,000 fewer votes than the Tories.

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

They got 750,000 fewer votes than the Tories.

that may be so, but they still had to buy votes of the DUP to gain power, labour was predicted to get thrashed, they didnt....and as i keep saying, and will say again, if the whole of the party had got behind Corbyn, he may well have got to number 10

5 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

that may be so, but they still had to buy votes of the DUP to gain power, labour was predicted to get thrashed, they didnt....and as i keep saying, and will say again, if the whole of the party had got behind Corbyn, he may well have got to number 10

It was the electorate that needed to get behind Corbyn. They didn't.

25 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

All I recall in the run up to the General Election was the endless reporting of first time voters who were going to throw their entire electoral weight behind Corbyn in the so called 'Youth quake'. 

Because the election was called in December, many were students, spouting how they were mobilising via various social media groups, deciding whether to vote in the constituencies where they were students or had registered to vote back in their home cities & towns; cleaverly intending to tactically vote for one particular party in order to keep the Tories out. 

Didn't seem to work, did it?  Perhaps too much time spent in social media chat rooms believing how smart & savvy they thought they were?  

Perhaps they forgot to vote? 

Although it is a shame that Labour didn't get in.  As someone once told me, "We need a Labour government at least once in a generation to remind & teach a new generation of people how bad things can be." 

Edited by Baron99

5 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

All I recall in the run up to the General Election was the endless reporting of first time voters who were going to throw their entire electoral weight behind Corbyn in the so called 'Youth quake'. 

Because the election was called in December, many were students, spouting how they were mobilising via various social media groups, deciding whether to vote in the constituencies where they were students or had registered to vote back in their home cities & towns; cleaverly intending to tactically vote for one particular party in order to keep the Tories out. 

Didn't seem to work, did it?  Perhaps too much time spent in social media chat rooms believing how smart & savvy they thought they were?  

Perhaps they forgot to vote? 

Although it is a shame that Labour didn't get in.  As someone once told me, "We need a Labour government at least once in a generation to remind & teach a new generation of people how bad things can be." 

I think you're talking about last years election - not 2017 which was being discussed.