The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

.....and her son went to Trinity, Cambridge and read Law. But he did attend a fee paying school.

How long until Labour start opposing the Tories?

Why on earth did they decide on a contest that takes months - leaving Corbyn in charge when he'd be far more useful on his allotment. The General Election didn't take as long.

9 hours ago, Longcol said:

How long until Labour start opposing the Tories?

Why on earth did they decide on a contest that takes months - leaving Corbyn in charge when he'd be far more useful on his allotment. The General Election didn't take as long.

At least another 2 generations? If at all!

Quite an amusing story.  Yorkshire Tea getting flak, abuse and threats of boycotts because the chancellor shared a pic of him with a massive bag of them.

For balance, Corbyn was pictured with them in 2017, but I don't recall any Tories threatening to boycott the brand.

21 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Quite an amusing story.  Yorkshire Tea getting flak, abuse and threats of boycotts because the chancellor shared a pic of him with a massive bag of them.

For balance, Corbyn was pictured with them in 2017, but I don't recall any Tories threatening to boycott the brand.

Kinder, gentler politics.

Long Bailey this morning:

The Conservatives are not the party of aspiration, they’re the party of privilege, funded by those who want to protect their privilege.

Until we kick big money out of politics, our political system will be rigged in favour of the obscenely wealthy.

Also this morning:

Rebecca Long-Bailey reveals £200,000 Unite donation as she urges rivals to reveal backers

https://politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/labour-party/news/110144/rebecca-long-bailey-reveals-£200000-unite

5 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Long Bailey this morning:

Also this morning:

Rebecca Long-Bailey reveals £200,000 Unite donation as she urges rivals to reveal backers

https://politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/labour-party/news/110144/rebecca-long-bailey-reveals-£200000-unite

I wonder why they don't say where they are getting their money from, it makes it appear they have something to hide

28 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

I wonder why they don't say where they are getting their money from, it makes it appear they have something to hide

Perhaps if they hadn't had an interminable campaign (which has helped the Tories get off scot free so far) they wouldn't need much money.

Am surprised that the Corbynistas didn't right a rule on disclosure - or would they have said only donations from Unite are allowed? 

Edited by Longcol

2 hours ago, Longcol said:

Perhaps if they hadn't had an interminable campaign (which has helped the Tories get off scot free so far) they wouldn't need much money.

Am surprised that the Corbynistas didn't right a rule on disclosure - or would they have said only donations from Unite are allowed? 

Thanks for the reply, but totally irrelevant to what I was asking.

4 hours ago, banjodeano said:

Thanks for the reply, but totally irrelevant to what I was asking.

Left it a bit late in the campaign to announce it didn't she? Smacks of desperation more than anything.

6 hours ago, Longcol said:

Left it a bit late in the campaign to announce it didn't she? Smacks of desperation more than anything.

and again totally irrelevant..why quote someone and go off on a tangent? no idea why you keep quoting me..

Edited by banjodeano

15 hours ago, banjodeano said:

and again totally irrelevant..why quote someone and go off on a tangent? no idea why you keep quoting me..

Perhaps Starmer doesn't say "how high" when McCluskey says jump?

Edited by Longcol