The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

21 minutes ago, wearysmith said:

That made me smile. Brought back visions of my da. I can still hear him when he went off on one. I can almost quote him word for word. It's funny what you remember of your parents. 

We talked politics one day, must have been about 1972 or 73, and he said "The problem with this country is we never had our revolution. The French had one, the Americans had one, the Russians had many. We never did...". 

I thought in '76 when the Pistols were putting the country to rights we might finally have a chance at storming the palace gates. But no. It all fizzled out, alas.

Starmer could of course back up his statement; handing his Knighthood back would be a start. 

6 hours ago, wearysmith said:

The problem with this country is we never had our revolution. The French had one, the Americans had one, the Russians had many. We never did...". 

On 18/02/2020 at 21:54, davyboy said:

The conversation was in terms of England ridding itself of the monarchy. That didn't happen. 

1 hour ago, wearysmith said:

The conversation was in terms of England ridding itself of the monarchy. That didn't happen. 

Yes we did. Then we got it back. (Tho 1688 was the glorious revolution which was something different) 

45 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

And talking sense.  If it weren't for how he acted towards the end of his time in office I'd almost like the man again.

Lisa Nandy certainly doesn't like Blair or his, as was, New Labour philosophy. 

She said so on tv this morning. 

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Lisa Nandy certainly doesn't like Blair or his, as was, New Labour philosophy. 

She said so on tv this morning. 

I can't believe she actually thinks this:

Lisa Nandy is now arguing that male rapists who identify as women should be put in women’s prisons. 

At a Hustings, Lisa Nandy said that the child rapist Christopher Worton, who raped a teenage girl five times, but has since self-identified as a woman, should

a) have his crimes recorded as commited by a woman &

b) be housed in a women's prison

Someone PLEASE buy the Labour party this book, because as each day goes by they're alienating someone else.

51C4Tpxn4KL._SX316_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I wonder how much of this is true:

These people are funding Lisa Nandy’s leadership campaign:

Eric Salama - CEO of Kantar, a consultancy whose clients include Coca-Cola and Unilever

Tom Shutes - millionaire property developer

Jason Stockwood - venture capitalist

Mark Glover - CEO for fossil fuel lobbying firm

Edited by alchresearch

3 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

Can you find out who paid for the PM’s holiday in Mustique?

He’s been auctioning off those buses he makes on eBay.

15 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

He’s been auctioning off those buses he makes on eBay.

And he walked there on one of them bridges he's so keen on. Mustique? Nah..............his scrawl for the Miller  & Carter, Mitcham

https://www.google.fr/maps/place/Miller+%26+Carter+Mitcham/@51.3948297,-0.1468054,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x487602558dc14077:0x91cb8f675b15359e!2sMusgrove+Rd,+London,+UK!3b1!8m2!3d51.4724875!4d-0.0420054!3m4!1s0x48760656bb2d179d:0xe64b2dad4026cd5!8m2!3d51.3948273!4d-0.1452578?hl=en&authuser=0

just looks like Mustique.

Edited by Longcol