The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

Another car crash interview from Wrong Daily on Sunday, completely missing the point and concerns of women when it comes to self-ID.

Rebecca Long-Bailey says women's refuges must accept trans women and urges Labour members to 'stop having this debate'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/long-bailey-trans-women-refuges-law-a9337911.html

And this:

Rebecca Long-Bailey would offer Jeremy Corbyn a place in her shadow Cabinet

https://politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/labour-party/jeremy-corbyn/news/109940/rebecca-long-bailey-would-offer

Kier Stamer is going to romp home at this rate.

12 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Another car crash interview from Wrong Daily on Sunday, completely missing the point and concerns of women when it comes to self-ID.

Rebecca Long-Bailey says women's refuges must accept trans women and urges Labour members to 'stop having this debate'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/long-bailey-trans-women-refuges-law-a9337911.html

How come it's Labour who are tying themselves up in knots about this issue? The other parties don't seem to give a toss about it.

38 minutes ago, taxman said:

How come it's Labour who are tying themselves up in knots about this issue? The other parties don't seem to give a toss about it.

Because it's a minefield. And Labour for the last few years have chosen to stomp through as many as possible. 

1 hour ago, taxman said:

I don't know if its a minority vote chasing thing, or they're focusing on trying to be all things to all people because its easier than confronting the government.

I mean, why else would they propose this:

Labour should print free tabloid-style newspaper for commuters, says Richard Burgon

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/labour-party/news/109837/labour-should-print-free-tabloid-style-newspaper

All I know is that RLB is doing absolutely nothing to get me back to the party.  

Edited by alchresearch

4 hours ago, alchresearch said:

I don't know if its a minority vote chasing thing, or they're focusing on trying to be all things to all people because its easier than confronting the government.

I mean, why else would they propose this:

Labour should print free tabloid-style newspaper for commuters, says Richard Burgon

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/labour-party/news/109837/labour-should-print-free-tabloid-style-newspaper

All I know is that RLB is doing absolutely nothing to get me back to the party.  

Perhaps to counteract this right leaning newspaper:

The Evening Standard is a local, free daily newspaper, published Monday to Friday in tabloid format in London. Since 2009 it has been owned by Russian businessman Alexander Lebedev. Wikipedia
Circulation: 826,064 (October 2019)

18 minutes ago, max said:

Perhaps to counteract this right leaning newspaper:

I think the important point is that nothing stopped the clearly left leaning Daily Mirror or Guardian from printing their own free commuter paper. They could have chosen to do so anytime they wanted.   

My concern is why a political party is suggesting taking responsibility for producing such a thing.  Where is the funding going to come from?  At best it will be membership fees at worst it would be tax payers.  Neither of which are an unacceptable situation. 

Add on the extremely murky area of legislation and regulation about a political party directly producing a distributed newspaper and you open up the doors to all sorts of problems.

Talk about missing the bigger picture.  No wonder they are doing so dire.  Is that really the most important issue they need to focus on right now.  It's bonkers. 

Edited by ECCOnoob

17 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

I think the important point is that nothing stopped the clearly left leaning Daily Mirror or Guardian from printing their own free commuter paper. They could have chosen to do so anytime they wanted.   

And if Labour's historical friends the Guardy and the Mirror have stopped being so supportive, perhaps Labour should be asking why, instead of burying their heads in the sand.

As you look back over the years you can see the gushing support for Corbyn in the Guardian has decreased as time has gone on.

Today in Labourland:

Rebecca Long Bailey makes a long winded speech about Palestine, as well as going on about how she loves Corbyn.

Lisa Nandy wants to abolish monarchy yet see Meghan Markle as Queen.

Dawn Butler says babies are born 'without sex'.

Thank God Kier Stamer has kept his mouth shut.  If he wins the leadership contest he really needs to do some sackings, or tell his MPs to shut up.

40 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Today in Labourland:

Rebecca Long Bailey makes a long winded speech about Palestine, as well as going on about how she loves Corbyn.

Thank God Kier Stamer has kept his mouth shut.  If he wins the leadership contest he really needs to do some sackings, or tell his MPs to shut up.

Born without sex! She misspoke surely?! 

42 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Today in Labourland:

Starmer said he would 'trim' the Royals down.  With that sort of comment, even I might consider voting for him at a future date. 

10 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Starmer said he would 'trim' the Royals down.  With that sort of comment, even I might consider voting for him at a future date. 

That made me smile. Brought back visions of my da. I can still hear him when he went off on one. I can almost quote him word for word. It's funny what you remember of your parents. 

We talked politics one day, must have been about 1972 or 73, and he said "The problem with this country is we never had our revolution. The French had one, the Americans had one, the Russians had many. We never did...". 

I thought in '76 when the Pistols were putting the country to rights we might finally have a chance at storming the palace gates. But no. It all fizzled out, alas.