The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

10 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

But we can’t. Because we aren’t an organised group attempting to subvert the organisation.

There has been entryism though. And it hasn’t helped the party.

But you are indeed.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progress_(organisation)

Progress is a political organisation associated with the British Labour Party, founded in 1996 to support the New Labour leadership of Tony Blair.

and it also states...........

Progress was founded in 1996[7] by Paul Richards, Liam Byrne and Derek Draper, the former aide to Peter Mandelson, as an organisation to maintain a dialogue with Labour's new leadership under Tony Blair. It has organised many events and conferences, and hosted several important speeches by senior party figures. Its annual conference has become a staple of the political calendar with many cabinet ministers and other leading politicians attending.

your move sir.......

it also goes on to say.....Criticism of Progress had concentrated on the generous funding that Progress had secured from external donors, 

Edited by banjodeano

43 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

But you are indeed.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progress_(organisation)

Progress is a political organisation associated with the British Labour Party, founded in 1996 to support the New Labour leadership of Tony Blair.

and it also states...........

Progress was founded in 1996[7] by Paul Richards, Liam Byrne and Derek Draper, the former aide to Peter Mandelson, as an organisation to maintain a dialogue with Labour's new leadership under Tony Blair. It has organised many events and conferences, and hosted several important speeches by senior party figures. Its annual conference has become a staple of the political calendar with many cabinet ministers and other leading politicians attending.

your move sir.......

it also goes on to say.....Criticism of Progress had concentrated on the generous funding that Progress had secured from external donors, 

But, I’m not a member of progress. So, I’m not an entryist. 

As far as I’m aware, they’ve never instituted an infiltration of the party either. Nothing like Momentum, or Millitant. 

5 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

But, I’m not a member of progress. So, I’m not an entryist. 

As far as I’m aware, they’ve never instituted an infiltration of the party either. Nothing like Momentum, or Millitant. 

but we only have your word on that dont we? you have admitted that you want to join the party just to change the direction of where its members have decided it should be, so in my opinion you should be labelled an entryist, of course PROGRESS have infiltrated the party, in the same way that you are claiming momentum to have infiltrated the party,

i guess the irony is lost on you eh?

In 2012, Progress was at the centre of the debate over the direction of the Labour Party under Ed Miliband, after a widely circulated anonymous report called for Labour's national executive to "determine the organisational nature of Progress, and whether or not this form of organisation is acceptable inside the Labour Party.

Just one last point i would like to make is, you claim you are not a member of progress, so you should not be labelled an entryist, thats a fair enough point, but the labour party has increased its membership from 250, 000 to over 500,000, and all the extra members have been labelled entryists, even the momentum have only 40,000 members,  you see the point that i am trying to make? you  say you dont have to be a member of an organisation to be an entryist, but by your standards they do????

8 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

but we only have your word on that dont we? you have admitted that you want to join the party just to change the direction of where its members have decided it should be, so in my opinion you should be labelled an entryist, of course PROGRESS have infiltrated the party, in the same way that you are claiming momentum to have infiltrated the party,

In 2012, Progress was at the centre of the debate over the direction of the Labour Party under Ed Miliband, after a widely circulated anonymous report called for Labour's national executive to "determine the organisational nature of Progress, and whether or not this form of organisation is acceptable inside the Labour Party.

Just one last point i would like to make is, you claim you are not a member of progress, so you should not be labelled an entryist, thats a fair enough point, but the labour party has increased its membership from 250, 000 to over 500,000, and all the extra members have been labelled entryists, even the momentum have only 40,000 members,  you see the point that i am trying to make? you  say you dont have to be a member of an organisation to be an entryist, but by your standards they do????

You do realise that you’ve just evidenced that factions within Labour have sought to suppress Progress, don’t you. Are you happy with that?

I suggest that you go and re-read the definition of entryism that you copy-pasted earlier. Have a good think about it and then try to see if you can understand it.

Then, you might understand why I’m not an entryist, but you and the other 39 999 momentum members are. (Plus numerous other left wing splinter groups)

Don’t worry though. Once the rest of the party have elected Kier, we will be in a position to win our first election in five.

I assume you’ll be a loyal supporter of the cause.

Edited by Pettytom

2 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I suggest that you go and re-read the definition of entryism that you copy-pasted earlier. Have a good think about it and then try to see if you can understand it.

Then, you might understand why I’m not an entryist, but you and the other 39 999 momentum members are. (Plus numerous other left wing splinter groups)

Don’t worry though. Once the rest of the party have elected Kier, we will be in a position to win our first election in five.

I assume you’ll be a loyal supporter of the cause.

please explain it to me Tom, i am finding it hard to understand what you are talking about regarding the definition of entryism?  lets put some meat on the bone, why should you not actually be classes as an entryist as you classed people from the left as entryists?  come on, explain it to me? what am i getting wrong?

10 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

please explain it to me Tom, i am finding it hard to understand what you are talking about regarding the definition of entryism?  lets put some meat on the bone, why should you not actually be classes as an entryist as you classed people from the left as entryists?  come on, explain it to me? what am i getting wrong?

All of it.

Especially your inability to recognise that entryism is organised and designed to bring about dramatic change.

Momentum would have been more honest if they had formed a new far left party. Why do you think that they chose to infiltrate Labour, rather than standing on their own two feet?

Edited by Pettytom

1 minute ago, Pettytom said:

All of it.

hahahaha.....nothing to offer then Tom,? i'll ask you again, please explain to me what i am getting wrong, please explain in detail why you should not be classed as an entryist as i believe you have classed momentum members as entryists?

5 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

hahahaha.....nothing to offer then Tom,? i'll ask you again, please explain to me what i am getting wrong, please explain in detail why you should not be classed as an entryist as i believe you have classed momentum members as entryists?

I have.

Several times actually. Most recently at the top of this page

Edited by Pettytom

Just now, Pettytom said:

Patience, and attention to detail are important 

okay Tom, we are going nowhere here, i have asked you several times  now to explain what you are talking about, i am not going to waste anymore time here,, i shall bid you goodnight, have a nice weekend

Just now, banjodeano said:

okay Tom, we are going nowhere here, i have asked you several times  now to explain what you are talking about, i am not going to waste anymore time here,, i shall bid you goodnight, have a nice weekend

I really don’t have any simpler words that I can use. I’ve explained very clearly why you and the rest of momentum are entryists. And also why I am not. It is all there in the definitions. Maybe you just don’t like the inescapable truth.

If you genuinely don’t understand the simple point I’m making, then I guess that it is time to give up.