The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

49 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Typical non story by the daily fail, she meant to say vegetative state, no one was offended apart from yourself, move along nothing to see here...

If its a "Daily Fail" non story, why have plenty of other news sources run with it?

Your continued defence at her failings and unsuitability as leader is as sad as your previous posts defending Corbyn.

51 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

If its a "Daily Fail" non story, why have plenty of other news sources run with it?

Your continued defence at her failings and unsuitability as leader is as sad as your previous posts defending Corbyn.

Please elaborate? Where have I continually tried to defend her, Please give examples?

2 hours ago, banjodeano said:

Typical non story by the daily fail, she meant to say vegetative state, no one was offended apart from yourself, move along nothing to see here...

No she didnt, she called him a practical vegetable. There is no way you can say she meant to say he was in a "vegatative state". If i was the family of the person I would be offended. You can see Nandy listen and react once RLB had said it.

So she either had a script that went through numerous people (including herself) describing a person as a vegetable

or

She went off script and didn't even try to correct herself after describing someone as a vegetable.

33 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

No she didnt, she called him a practical vegetable. There is no way you can say she meant to say he was in a "vegatative state". If i was the family of the person I would be offended. You can see Nandy listen and react once RLB had said it.

So she either had a script that went through numerous people (including herself) describing a person as a vegetable

or

She went off script and didn't even try to correct herself after describing someone as a vegetable.

In the link that was posted it says.....

Chloe Hayward, Executive Director of UK Acquired Brain Injury Forum said: 'We are very pleased that Rebecca Long-Bailey has been so supportive of this family, and that she is aware of the need for appropriate neurorehabilitation services and the lengths families need to go to to fight for appropriate care and support.

'It is very unfortunate that Rebecca used the phrase 'practical vegetable'.

'It is probable that the term 'vegetative state' was the one she was looking for which refers to a person who has a disorder of consciousness.' .......so I interpret that they think she got mixed up with her words..

3 hours ago, banjodeano said:

And the fact that she failed to correct herself immediately; requires an underling to apologise on her behalf? 

23 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Chloe Hayward, Executive Director of UK Acquired Brain Injury Forum said: 'We are very pleased that Rebecca Long-Bailey has been so supportive of this family, and that she is aware of the need for appropriate neurorehabilitation services and the lengths families need to go to to fight for appropriate care and support.

'It is probable that the term 'vegetative state' was the one she was looking for which refers to a person who has a disorder of consciousness.' .......so I interpret that they think she got mixed up with her words..

So who was responsible for her saying it then?

The scriptwriters for writing it and then her reading it without checking

or

Her for just saying it off cuff

either way do you think she should have made the apology, not "a spokeperson"

29 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

And the fact that she failed to correct herself immediately; requires an underling to apologise on her behalf? 

A bit like when she got a bit mixed up about remembering her dad's work:

‘My dad, Jimmy, worked on the Salford docks and I grew up watching him worrying when round after round of redundancies were inflicted on the docks.’

Ms Long-Bailey, 40, was born in September 1979, meaning she was two years old when the docks were closed in 1982.

A spokesperson said: ‘Rebecca, like many others in the north, saw first-hand the devastation created by Thatcher’s brutal economic regime.’

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/22/labour-hopeful-rebecca-long-bailey-accused-lying-upbringing-11949514/

or working through the night:

A Labour source said: “Rebecca tells this story at every CLP or union meeting she attends, and this week, it's been promoted by Momentum, John McDonnell, Novara Media, and ‎dozens of her other supporters as evidence of her leadership skills and how good she'd be in a crisis - every one of them repeating her claim that she had to work all night to ride to the rescue the next morning.

"That is demonstrably a total lie, just like her claim to have been born with the sound of the Stretford End roaring in the background. If we want to regain the trust of the British people, trading in lies during the leadership campaign is not a great start."

A spokesman for Ms Long-Bailey confirmed her version of events was wrong, but insisted she had had to work round the clock for days in the wake of Mr Marris’s departure.

https://politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/labour-party/news/109465/excl-rebecca-long-bailey-accused-lying-over-claim

On 04/02/2020 at 12:24, banjodeano said:

To be fair, if you get those words mixed up, then you are a bit of a liability.

RLB simply doesn’t have either the intellect or the people skills to lead a 21st century political party.

For the first time in my life I didn't vote Labour last election.  I can't be dealing with all the fractions. Corbyn's Labour Party is too like Michael Foot's version for comfort. Wishy-washy and unmanageable. I want a firebrand for a leader. A Kinnock type. Someone not afraid to bloody noses. A unifier. A leader prepared to go toe-to-toe, nose-to-nose, against the opposition to fight for the working class cause.

That man - or woman - is nowhere on the horizon.

Corbyn lost my respect when he didn't gather the clans to fully support BREXIT (the winners!). 

I think Labour are going to have to go through a few more leaders before they get the right one.  It reminds me of the period after Major, with Hague, IDS, and Michael Howard before Cameron.

19 hours ago, Pettytom said:

To be fair, if you get those words mixed up, then you are a bit of a liability.

RLB simply doesn’t have either the intellect or the people skills to lead a 21st century political party.

I have been wondering Tom if you became a member of the party to vote for your fellow called Starmer,  did you actually join? you do realise that you will now be labelled an entryist?