The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

26 minutes ago, jaffa1 said:

Thornbury just looks the same to me she always looks smart although dreary eyed.

R.L. Bailey has smartened herself up in the past year but still has clown eyebrows.

As for Jess Philips she always looked grubby to me but now she's  making a stand she seems to have had just a little change of dress but still looks dowdy.

If they are going to chose a female I'd  go for Lisa Mandy, she's smart looking and talks almost sense but she said today that the Tories have split Labour, no they haven't  they've  split themselves.

Why does it matter what they look like? I notice that you are only concerned with the appearance of the female candidates 

5 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

People like Nandy have split the party, she should have got behind her democratically elected leader instead of stabbing him in the back

Nandy hasn’t split the party.

That honour goes to the entryists. 

I’m assuming that you’ll be throwing your weight behind the new quasi-democratically elected leader, even if it is Nandy.  Or Starmer.

I

7 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Why does it matter what they look like? I notice that you are only concerned with the appearance of the female candidates 

Nandy hasn’t split the party.

That honour goes to the entryists. 

I’m assuming that you’ll be throwing your weight behind the new quasi-democratically elected leader, even if it is Nandy.  Or Starmer.

I

what does that even mean?  please explain to us simpletons

7 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

what does that even mean?  please explain to us simpletons

It’s like a democratically elected leader.

Only different.

An accurate description of the process to elect the new Labour leader.

1 minute ago, Pettytom said:

It’s like a democratically elected leader.

Only different.

An accurate description of the process to elect the new Labour leader.

what are you talking about? the new leader will be democratically elected...

25 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

People like Nandy have split the party, she should have got behind her democratically elected leader instead of stabbing him in the back

How is "splitting the party" warning that the leader is about to lead them over a cliff?

2 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

what are you talking about? the new leader will be democratically elected...

I’m questioning that claim.

The election process is far from democratic.  It is dominated by disproportionately represented pressure groups. It is also very vulnerable to entryists and to vote rigging.

Its far from a democratic process.

3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

How is "splitting the party" warning that the leader is about to lead them over a cliff?

come again?

1 minute ago, banjodeano said:

come again?

Should members blindly follow the leader when it's obvious to the majority of the known universe the leader is leading them to disaster?

Just now, Pettytom said:

The election process is far from democratic.  It is dominated by disproportionately represented pressure groups. It is also very vulnerable to entryists and to vote rigging.

what a load of old tosh.....pressure groups are involved in every elections,  are they not?

how is it vulnerable to vote rigging?

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Should members blindly follow the leader when it's obvious to the majority of the known universe the leader is leading them to disaster?

it was far deeper than that, he was a leftie, she is a tory lite, the membership voted Corbyn to lead the party, i guess you dont like democracy then...

5 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

it was far deeper than that, he was a leftie, she is a tory lite, the membership voted Corbyn to lead the party, i guess you dont like democracy then...

I don't like blind obedience in following an obviously disastrous course of action (obvious to anyone who wasn't in the labour left echo chamber).

Many Labour members correctly openly disagreed with and protested against the democratically elected leader over Iraq.

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

I don't like blind obedience in following an obviously disastrous course of action (obvious to anyone who wasn't in the labour left echo chamber).

Many Labour members correctly openly disagreed with and protested against the democratically elected leader over Iraq.

but they didnt openly try to remove their democratically elected leader did they?? they voiced their concerns, but didnt plot to remove their leader...

19 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

so i guess you will agree that Johnson wasnt democratically elected then? i mean it wasn't exactly a level playing field, what with the media nearly 100% behind him...

7 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

but they didnt openly try to remove their democratically elected leader did they?? they voiced their concerns, but didnt plot to remove their leader...

Because it would have been futile - Blair had won two general elections and the only remotely credible candidate was Brown.

Corbyn meanwhile was viewed as going nowhere fast and likely to end in disaster.