The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

36 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Nothing has been confirmed by anyone, everyone just has their own opinion, including the media

Momentum don't decide who gets elected, its the membership who decide

And all the Tories, who are joining again, to ensure that Labour remain in the political wilderness for at least the next 10 years.

49 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Nothing has been confirmed by anyone, everyone just has their own opinion, including the media

Momentum don't decide who gets elected, its the membership who decide

Would you like a gamble ? momentum will be backing her or not, I know who my money will be on. For £25 anyone can vote for her and no doubt that will happen.

27 minutes ago, convert said:

And all the Tories, who are joining again, to ensure that Labour remain in the political wilderness for at least the next 10 years.

Agree.Long Bailey is an absolute gift to the Tories almost unelectable imo.

42 minutes ago, lottiecass said:

Would you like a gamble ? momentum will be backing her or not, I know who my money will be on. For £25 anyone can vote for her and no doubt that will happen.

Gamble on what? i dont have a clue what you are talking about, momentum dont decide who the leader of the labour party is, each member has a vote, whether they are also in momentum or not

2 hours ago, sheffbag said:

I've just been reading about the Momentum decision. Its democracy at its finest

do you want Long Bailey?  Yes/No

And thats it, no alternative, nothing to do with the chairman of momentum being involved in her campaign already at all. Just a single candidate nomination take it or leave it. 

went to some early Sheff Momentum meetings, they were great, soon changed as the usual suspects took over though some decent people in it, but not for me, national momentum is a disgrace with its gerrymandering, the stalinists would have recognised it all.

Long Bailey seems to be a lovely person, decent, very compassionate, convictions, great back story, but she just seems to be someone without a shadow, no charisma, sadly needed in todays politics, maybe she will yet surprise us

Nandy was good on Neil interview, apparently the political journos are saying she smashed it.  i am probably going to suprise myself and vote for Starmer, he is a QC and will be able to take on Johnson.

Edited by gamezone07

On 08/01/2020 at 20:34, craigmason said:

Looking at the 6 standing for the labour leadership

Keir starmer - pro brexit

Rebecca long daily or corbyn 2.0

Clive lewis 

Emily thornberry also known as lady nugee

Jess phillips  

Lisa nandy 

Out of these i would vote for lisa nandy

Nandy was absent, pregnant when LP's M.Ps abstained against Smiths brutal welfare bill, but says she would have voted against, Starmer abstained but now says he wants social security to be fair with dignity.

42 minutes ago, gamezone07 said:

went to some early Sheff Momentum meetings, they were great, soon changed as the usual suspects took over though some decent people in it, but not for me, national momentum is a disgrace with its gerrymandering, the stalinists would have recognised it all.

Long Bailey seems to be a lovely person, decent, very compassionate, convictions, great back story, but she just seems to be someone without a shadow, no charisma, sadly needed in todays politics, maybe she will yet surprise us

Nandy was good on Neil interview, apparently the political journos are saying she smashed it.  i am probably going to suprise myself and vote for Starmer, he is a QC and will be able to take on Johnson.

Gerrymandering? can you please expand on that?

3 hours ago, banjodeano said:

Gerrymandering? can you please expand on that?

Come on - we know Momentum are the 24 hour party (meeting) people who know the rule book inside out and willl get anything overturned that doesn't suit them. And it's farcical that they used the old Stalinist / Trotskyist "election" method - ie this is the choice of Central Committee - you agree don't you.

Corbynism was a dead end and resulted in the worst election defeat for Labour in our lifetimes - "more of the same" just isn't an option - unless the aim is continued Tory rule.

7 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Come on - we know Momentum are the 24 hour party (meeting) people who know the rule book inside out and willl get anything overturned that doesn't suit them. And it's farcical that they used the old Stalinist / Trotskyist "election" method - ie this is the choice of Central Committee - you agree don't you.

Corbynism was a dead end and resulted in the worst election defeat for Labour in our lifetimes - "more of the same" just isn't an option - unless the aim is continued Tory rule.

can you give an example on this because i dont have a clue about any of that? i will repeat it once again, the members decide who the party leader is, momentum can say and do what they want, they do not get to choose the party leader, i know this may disappoint you, but they are the facts

11 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

can you give an example on this because i dont have a clue about any of that? i will repeat it once again, the members decide who the party leader is, momentum can say and do what they want, they do not get to choose the party leader, i know this may disappoint you, but they are the facts

Stop hiding from the fact that this was Labour's worst defeat in living memory and more of the same won't wash.

4 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Stop hiding from the fact that this was Labour's worst defeat in living memory and more of the same won't wash.

stop moving the goal posts Longcol, lets keep on track...you were talking about........" we know Momentum are the 24 hour party (meeting) people who know the rule book inside out and willl get anything overturned that doesn't suit them".....all i did was asked you to explain what you were talking about, and to back it up with facts.....if you cant do that then thats fair enough, but if you make such outlandish claims, expect people to pull you up on it

Just now, banjodeano said:

stop moving the goal posts Longcol, lets keep on track...you were talking about........" we know Momentum are the 24 hour party (meeting) people who know the rule book inside out and willl get anything overturned that doesn't suit them".....all i did was asked you to explain what you were talking about, and to back it up with facts.....if you cant do that then thats fair enough, but if you make such outlandish claims, expect people to pull you up on it

You've been in denial ever since the catastrophic defeat.

Corbynism is dead and buried - continuity Corbynism under Long-Bailey (or any other leader) will only condemn Labour to a further 10 years of Tory government (making 20 in total).

Let's talk about that rather than the "rule book" - slighly more relevant I think.