The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

8 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

My vote would go to Diane " two left shoes " Abott purely for the comedy value.

I thought you’d have got the hang of it by now.

Edited by Mister Gee

On 19/12/2019 at 19:03, Mister Gee said:

The lunatic is in charge of the asylum.

You mean the lunatic on the right of the picture I presume.

6 hours ago, thorphanger said:

You mean the lunatic on the right of the picture I presume.

I love the evil little smile on Boris' face.  Was there ever anyone so shifty looking. . . . 

7 hours ago, Anna B said:

I love the evil little smile on Boris' face.  Was there ever anyone so shifty looking. . . . 

Oh grow up.   'evil' smile nonsense. 

The man has just won a massive majority in the election so of course he's going to  smile for the cameras.

Corbyn lost spectacularly and embarrassed the Labour party so has a face like a smacked backside.  He's always been techy with the media anyway so it's no surprise he can't even manage the basic task of putting on a neutral face when needed.  

It's just another image that emphasises even more he is nothing but a bitter old man who cannot accept defeat gracefully.

Still delusionally trying  to cling on until the grim death until Corbyn mark 2 gets in place.

Nothing to see here people.

Tbh i don't know who the labour party will pick to be the new leader but it has to be somebody who will take the party back to the centre ground nobody like corbyn if they want to win back seats like Bolsover 

Just now, craigmason said:

Tbh i don't know who the labour party will pick to be the new leader but it has to be somebody who will take the party back to the centre ground nobody like corbyn if they want to win back seats like Bolsover 

I don't think the centre ground will win the likes of bolsover back.

51 minutes ago, craigmason said:

I'm not sure this election gave a true reflection of how people feel about the parties. It was so bound up with Brexit it confused things in all directions. I don't think Labour going back to the centre will give people a real alternative choice. 

Well the left failed miserably, so moving towards the centre would be a smarter move.

13 hours ago, Anna B said:

Personally I think Boris has a lovely victory smile on his face.

30 minutes ago, thorphanger said:

Personally I think Boris has a lovely victory smile on his face.

I bet the look was familiar to his Old Etonian schoolmates when someone else was going to get the blame for his misdemeanours.😏

20 hours ago, Anna B said:

I'm not sure this election gave a true reflection of how people feel about the parties. It was so bound up with Brexit it confused things in all directions. I don't think Labour going back to the centre will give people a real alternative choice. 

well, the other alternative is to move further leftwards but with a leader who doesn't have the baggage which corbyn has in relation to terrorists etc, not sure that's going to be a winning combination either.

the only evidence we have is is past voting records and there is nothing to suggest that in it's entire history a very left leaning labour party has done anything but badly. 

parties win elections by having broad appeal across the population which means being in the centre, 

4 hours ago, andyofborg said:

well, the other alternative is to move further leftwards but with a leader who doesn't have the baggage which corbyn has in relation to terrorists etc, not sure that's going to be a winning combination either.

the only evidence we have is is past voting records and there is nothing to suggest that in it's entire history a very left leaning labour party has done anything but badly. 

parties win elections by having broad appeal across the population which means being in the centre, 

I really can't see the point of in effect having two Conservative parties to vote for, and no alternative point of view. 

However I think we have to accept the fact that any left leaning candidate will be annihilated in the media, no matter how squeeky clean they are. The establishment /elite will see to it that they are considered unelectable. They don't want anything that threatens their gravy train and cosy life of perks and privelege.

Edited by Anna B