The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

Reading today Anna, Jurgen Klopp signed a new contract with Liverpool 15million a YEAR for 4yrs running a football club, absolutely stinks.

Something wrong with a system that allows people to make obscene amounts of money, while the rest of us uneducated peasants struggle on the minimum wage.

but the problem is you see, the peasants are quite happy with the situation, why that is the case i have no idea

1 minute ago, banjodeano said:

but the problem is you see, the peasants are quite happy with the situation, why that is the case i have no idea

Your right Banjo, on second thoughts I should be very grateful.

1 hour ago, banjodeano said:

We should all be grateful for the crumbs off the table. . . 

So -  Louise Hague opines that "the next Labour leader has to be a woman."

Why?  Why not an Hermaphrodite?  So long as s/he leads on the principle of "for the many, not the few."

FFS... move on from the 70s.

There are so many reasons Corbyn lost the election the press may not have helped but anyone with internet access can check their site like I did to see what their policies are .

Most of their ideas did not strike a cord with the majority of voters imo free internet access and re nationalisation(at major cost) being 2 examples.

Their Brexit policy was fudged too as even Labour MP's now admit.

Most of his front bench are not exactly popular with voters in fact some are clearly a negative,

The whole campaign was a mess and a lesson in what not do to win an election.

4 minutes ago, Fudbeer said:

There are so many reasons Corbyn lost the election the press may not have helped but anyone with internet access can check their site like I did to see what their policies are .

Most of their ideas did not strike a cord with the majority of voters imo free internet access and re nationalisation(at major cost) being 2 examples.

Their Brexit policy was fudged too as even Labour MP's now admit.

Most of his front bench are not exactly popular with voters in fact some are clearly a negative,

The whole campaign was a mess and a lesson in what not do to win an election.

Worse since Foot in 83. Once again Labour (or the faction in control of the party) were more interested in a manifesto that suited their personal tastes rather than one that the country would vote for.

In the last 40 years only one Labour leader has been elected as Prime Minister.

5 minutes ago, CaptainSwing said:

As I've pointed out before, Labour under Michael Foot were miles ahead in the polls before they were hit by the double whammy of the Limehouse Declaration and the Falklands War.

The lead in the polls was short lived - Limehouse Declaration was 81.

The manifesto - 39 pages of it - promised among other things higher taxes, nuclear disarmament, nationalising the banks, abolishing the House of Lords and withdrawing from the EEC - great for the activists, not a package to sell to the electorate.

1 hour ago, Longcol said:

Worse since Foot in 83. Once again Labour (or the faction in control of the party) were more interested in a manifesto that suited their personal tastes rather than one that the country would vote for.

In the last 40 years only one Labour leader has been elected as Prime Minister.

And the most amazing thing is he wasn't even Labour.

Just now, Anna B said:

And the most amazing thing is he wasn't even Labour.

Yes he was - the only leader to make Labour electable - unless you want Labour to be a permanent party of opposition.

1 minute ago, CaptainSwing said:

Yes, exactly.

And Militant were spooking anyone to the right of Trotsky with their entryism.

3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Yes he was - the only leader to make Labour electable - unless you want Labour to be a permanent party of opposition.

It won’t even be that simple.

Unless Labour move towards the centre, become more patriotic and appeal to the hard working, low waged members of society, they are toast 

2 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

It won’t even be that simple.

Unless Labour move towards the centre, become more patriotic and appeal to the hard working, low waged members of society, they are toast 

How depressing is that?