The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

The Labour Party failed for several reasons:

. Their wishy/washy policy on Brexit

. Jeremy Cornyn, alienating the traditional labour voter

. throwing money at it leftist policies without clear costings

. An electorate who are too young/have forgotten or forgiven the Thatcher years and brutal decimation of manufacturing 

4 hours ago, catmiss said:

The Labour Party failed for several reasons:

. Their wishy/washy policy on Brexit

. Jeremy Cornyn, alienating the traditional labour voter

. throwing money at it leftist policies without clear costings

. An electorate who are too young/have forgotten or forgiven the Thatcher years and brutal decimation of manufacturing 

Your last statement is complete rubbish. The younger demographic overwhelmingly voted Labour. 

8 hours ago, Litotes said:

Thanks to Corbyn, we now have a sexist, cheating, racist, liar in power for the next 10 years.

This was predicted and yet the labour party members did nothing about it - just harking back to the Glastonbury years.

What are they going to do now? Bitter infighting I guess.

Yet another positive move!!! NOT

Ridiculous post. So now you're blaming Corbyn for Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson.

How people conveniently forget or choose to ignore the incessant and continued poisonous daily propaganda pumped out by the billionaire owned Media against Jeremy Corbyn

I canvassed in my local constituency for Labour and the things that people said on the doorstep were taken straight from the Sun, Star, Mail, Express etc. eg. " why is Corbyn letting on these terrorists out of prison"  In fact if the CIA had organised it, it would have been a brilliant " black ops" operation. It certainly worked well at pumping the narrative into the populace.

13 hours ago, janie48 said:

Comment following the election result from Hilary Benn,  who is one of my favourite politicians. 

A comment his father Tony made sticks in my mind; just after Right-to-Buy was introduced, he said he felt depressed when knocking on the doors of ex-council houses when he saw the new owners had painted them a different colour from standard!

Edited by carosio

7 minutes ago, carosio said:

A comment his father Tony made sticks in my mind; just after Right-to-Buy was introduced, he said he felt depressed when knocking on the doors of ex-council houses when he saw the new owners had been painted them a different colour from standard!

I grew up in a council house, can’t remember standard colored wallpaper.

22 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I grew up in a council house, can’t remember standard colored wallpaper.

I think the post was about the front doors not the inside..😉😉

1 hour ago, carosio said:

A comment his father Tony made sticks in my mind; just after Right-to-Buy was introduced, he said he felt depressed when knocking on the doors of ex-council houses when he saw the new owners had painted them a different colour from standard!

Yes that's right it was fundamental to Tony Benn that all front doors were the same colour. He had a chapter in a book devoted to the subject

1 hour ago, Ridgewalk said:

Yes that's right it was fundamental to Tony Benn that all front doors were the same colour. He had a chapter in a book devoted to the subject

I've read it, that's where the quote originated.

8 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Ridiculous post. So now you're blaming Corbyn for Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson.

How people conveniently forget or choose to ignore the incessant and continued poisonous daily propaganda pumped out by the billionaire owned Media against Jeremy Corbyn

I canvassed in my local constituency for Labour and the things that people said on the doorstep were taken straight from the Sun, Star, Mail, Express etc. eg. " why is Corbyn letting on these terrorists out of prison"  In fact if the CIA had organised it, it would have been a brilliant " black ops" operation. It certainly worked well at pumping the narrative into the populace.

Yup, media manipulation on a massive scale to stop the red menace and protect the billionaires

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Yup, media manipulation on a massive scale to stop the red menace and protect the billionaires

If the gap between the filthy rich and the poor has done anything but grow wider in the next five years, I'll eat my hat.

2 minutes ago, Halibut said:

If the gap between the filthy rich and the poor has done anything but grow wider in the next five years, I'll eat my hat.

Where did you get the money to waste on a hat? 

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

It's time for Labour to stop blaming others and take a long hard look at itself as to why voters in its heartlands are abandoning it.

It wasn't the media that opened the borders without any considerations or planning, flooding working class areas with people putting pressure on school places, doctors surgeries,  housing, hospital places, council services etc.

Labour acted, people reacted by giving their votes to other parties.

When people raise concerns Labour grandees brand them as bigoted.

Labour working class areas vote to leave the EU and Labour dismiss their concerns yet again, putting Parliament into the paralysis that led to Thursday's election.

Jeremy Corbyn then chose to address the Brexit issue by ignoring it, burying his head in the sand by offering no clear policy.

It's an insult to the working class to blame 'media manipulation' for these areas who have been ignored, patronised and abandoned by Labour choosing to vote elsewhere.

Edited by BoroB