The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

On 04/12/2019 at 11:27, hobinfoot said:

We are in debt no doubt.  Labour under Corbyn and McDonnells policies will shove us deeper and deeper into the mire. And I’ve not heard anything about everything being rosy from any politicians. You can’t just borrow yourself out of debt simply because the more you borrow the more you owe and the deeper and deeper you sink.

We couldn't really get any deeper in the mire.

EVERYTHING (apart from rich boys bank accounts) gets worse day by day, minute by minute.

We're worse off now, even after all the austerity,  than we were 10 years ago, and without doubt, we'll be even worse in 2020, 2021, 2022 and for decades to come, unless someone takes the country in a totally different direction. It won't suit the Establishment that's for sure.

GOOD. It's them that's ruining the world for everyone else, but millions of people are too stupid to realise it.

There's far too many £10 an hour 'Middle Class' Tory voting, deluded people. 

Edited by Hotmale 1954

58 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

It's them that's ruining the world for everyone else, but millions of people are too stupid to realise it.

Ah, the old "millions must be wrong because they don't agree with me" point of view.

There's more to Tories than the rich, ten bob millionaires and "£10 an hour 'Middle Class'" as you put it.  Its a shame you can't see that with your blinkered point of view.

Chip on your shoulder perhaps, or something else?

Edited by alchresearch

6 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

We couldn't really get any deeper in the mire.

EVERYTHING (apart from rich boys bank accounts) gets worse day by day, minute by minute.

We're worse off now, even after all the austerity,  than we were 10 years ago, and without doubt, we'll be even worse in 2020, 2021, 2022 and for decades to come, unless someone takes the country in a totally different direction. It won't suit the Establishment that's for sure.

GOOD. It's them that's ruining the world for everyone else, but millions of people are too stupid to realise it.

I agree for the most part, and It's incredibly worrying.

How did these psychos and sociopaths end  up running the world? And can people not see it's all for their own benefit and no one else's. There is a whole history of crimes against the people; everything from genocide and wars, false flags,  to simply lying through their teeth to get their own way. It's a world run by the rich for the rich. All the man in the street is for, is as a means to make them richer. 

'Trickle down' hasn't worked. We have a society with 4 million children now living in poverty, the working poor needing benefits to live, homelessness and food banks. We have a dearth of public services and insecurity for all, where once there was a good working safety net for those who needed it (which could be any of us.) We have lost control of our infrastructure, The North in particular has lacked investment for years. Social mobility is grinding to a halt and life expectancy is falling. We have huge divisions over Brexit, and the government who started it and got a pasting, haven't been able to sort it out. They have cynically muddied the water by combining it with an election which has confused all the issues.

40 years worth of chickens are finally coming home to roost, and it's not going to be pretty. 

This country is not what it was after 40 years of Conservatism and LabourLite.

Do you feel valued? Do you feel secure? No? Then let's have someone who is on the side of the people for a change. 

Edited by Anna B

3 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I agree for the most part, and It's incredibly worrying.

How did these psychos and sociopaths end  up running the world? And can people not see it's all for their own benefit and no one else's. There is a whole history of crimes against the people; everything from genocide and wars, false flags,  to simply lying through their teeth to get their own way. It's a world run by the rich for the rich. All the man in the street is for, is as a means to make them richer. 

We have a society with 4 million children now living in poverty, the working poor, homelessness and food banks. We have a dearth of public services and insecurity for all, where once there was a good working safety net for those who needed it (which could be any of us,) Social mobility is grinding to a halt and life expectancy is falling. 40 years worth of chickens are finally coming home to roost, and it's not going to be pretty. 

This country is not what it was after years of Conservatism and Blair. Do you feel valued? No? Then let's have someone who is on the side of the people for a change. 

Not long now ANNA, hope your tireless campaigning pays dividends, I always read your excellent posts and agree with you 100%.

If labour win a majority, then the drinks are on me...……..      (only kidding)

14 minutes ago, Padders said:

Not long now ANNA, hope your tireless campaigning pays dividends, I always read your excellent posts and agree with you 100%.

If labour win a majority, then the drinks are on me...……..      (only kidding)

Thanks Padders. Fingers crossed eh?🙂

Corbyn's taking the moral high ground is putting him at a disadvantage. All very worthy, but sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

The Tories play dirty and lie through their teeth all the time. There were points in the debate last night  when I thought Corbyn could have landed a killer punch, but he refuses to stoop to their level. Big mistake, sometimes you just have to. I think all the negativity he has endured for the past 4 years has made him very guarded. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

3 hours ago, Anna B said:

Corbyn's taking the moral high ground is putting him at a disadvantage. All very worthy, but sometimes you have to fight fire with fire.

The Tories play dirty and lie through their teeth all the time. There were points in the debate last night  when I thought Corbyn could have landed a killer punch, but he refuses to stoop to their level. Big mistake, sometimes you just have to. I think all the negativity he has endured for the past 4 years has made him very guarded. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

In effect You are suggesting that Corbyn plays dirty and lies through his teeth.!

Corbyn is an okay fella. Not PM worthy by any means. Nor is the buffoon Johnson.

The whole Gov't is a complete and utter a mess.

I think it's high time we did things differently. Get rid of the lot of them and start from scratch.

What we have now are Old Cronies with vastly outdated views. 

What we need is a Brand New system of Gov't.....With YOUNG mp's who have some foresight and are fresh to the game.

Introduce an Age limit of 50 years old for all Mp's. 

50 years old and your out.

Okay some great minds of the over 50's are in government...but we seldom see them ACTUALLY do any good in the REAL world.

Edited by FinBak

4 minutes ago, FinBak said:

In effect You are suggesting that Corbyn plays dirty and lies through his teeth.!

Corbyn is an okay fella. Not PM worthy by any means. Nor is the buffoon Johnson.

I think it's high time we did things differently. Get rid of the lot of them and start from scratch.

What we need is a Brand New system of Gov't.....With YOUNG mp's who have some foresight and are fresh to the game.

Okay some great minds of the over 50's are in government...but we seldom see them ACTUALLY do any good in the REAL world.

he doesnt have to lie, his policies are sound, but he is far too polite to stick the boot into Doris, he could have made it personal and scored some real goals, but he doesnt have that nature in him, he is far too polite to make it personal, which makes him appear weak

53 minutes ago, FinBak said:

Actually, if you look back at the upheavals, protests and discontent of the last few years (since the financial crash really,) you will see that a lot has changed. Corbyn is the Revolution that people were shouting for, but without the blood on the street. He is trying to correct the balance / damage that the last 40 years of controversial right wing politics, Corporate power, and vast wealth in few hands have done. 

I can see why you might think as you do, and some of it I agree with, but I do think we need a perspective and overveiw of the past to see how we got to where we are today, and why the world seems to be in such a mess. Runaway, deregulated Capitalism has a lot to answer for - 'Love of money is the root of all evil.'  So I think we need a few oldies in the system who have this knowledge. 

Countering greed and encoraging equality is a noble aim but not easy in a world where money equals power and is admired by many. You don't need to go very fardown that road before the word 'Communist!' is shrieked and people back away   The answer in my book is usually somewhere in the the middle, and can be achieved if people work together.  

But unfortunately it's not just about the politicians. For some, equality is the last thing they want, and unfortunately these are often the ones with all the money, power and everything at their dosposal to keep things in their interest and just as they are. They have the money to buy and sell governments,  These are the one's we're up against, and they didn't get where they are today by playing nicely. They have more than their fair share of manipulative, ruthless psychos, sociopaths and megalomaniacs who will stop at nothing.

Until these people are tamed and their power and influence curtailed, I doubt whether any new system can flourish. 

Edited by Anna B

41 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Actually, if you look back at the upheavals, protests and discontent of the last few years (since the financial crash really,) you will see that a lot has changed. Corbyn is the Revolution that people were shouting for, but without the blood on the street. He is trying to correct the balance / damage that the last 40 years of controversial right wing politics, Corporate power, and vast wealth in few hands have done. 

I can see why you might think as you do, and some of it I agree with, but I do think we need a perspective and overveiw of the past to see how we got to where we are today, and why the world seems to be in such a mess. Runaway, deregulated Capitalism has a lot to answer for - 'Love of money is the root of all evil.'  So I think we need a few oldies in the system who have this knowledge. 

Countering greed and encoraging equality is a noble aim but not easy in a world where money equals power and is admired by many. You don't need to go very fardown that road before the word 'Communist!' is shrieked and people back away   The answer in my book is usually somewhere in the the middle, and can be achieved if people work together.  

But unfortunately it's not just about the politicians. For some, equality is the last thing they want, and unfortunately these are often the ones with all the money, power and everything at their dosposal to keep things in their interest and just as they are. They have the money to buy and sell governments,  These are the one's we're up against, and they didn't get where they are today by playing nicely. They have more than their fair share of manipulative, ruthless psychos, sociopaths and megalomaniacs who will stop at nothing.

Until these people are tamed and their power and influence curtailed, I doubt whether any new system can flourish. 

What can i say to an argument like that, very well put Anna.

You are right of course.

But i still think a NEW kind of system and thinking is needed..

With a MUCH younger set of Mp's and their take on things relevant to TODAY'S society.

Edited by FinBak

1 hour ago, FinBak said:

Lets start here shall we.  "Get rid of the lot of them and start from scratch."

Angel1

1 minute ago, banjodeano said:

what does age have to do with anything?, age and wisdom that comes with age are all  thats needed,  the youth of today are in tune with what Corbyn  is saying, he must be doing something right

Corybyn is well past being a PM.

Age and wisdom are wasted in parliament.

I'm not against the fella...all I am saying is that we need YOUTH in parliament...Not the old fuddy duddy tits of old.