The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

Isn't it known which papers are supporting which party though?

Newspapers can support whoever the owners  wishes them to.

The broadcast media however are governed by strict rules which become even stricter during an election. I hear that at least two universities are collecting data on this election in particular. 

7 hours ago, hobinfoot said:

We are in debt no doubt.  Labour under Corbyn and McDonnells policies will shove us deeper and deeper into the mire. And I’ve not heard anything about everything being rosy from any politicians. You can’t just borrow yourself out of debt simply because the more you borrow the more you owe and the deeper and deeper you sink.

Actually, you're quite wrong. You can borrow our way out of debt as long as you invest it in infrastructure and productivity. It's a well respected way of dealing with recession and hard times employed by other countries successfully. The world (and business) runs almost entirely on debt. The problem is it gives the major banks power and influence that they can abuse. 

47 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Actually, you're quite wrong. You can borrow our way out of debt as long as you invest it in infrastructure and productivity. It's a well respected way of dealing with recession and hard times employed by other countries successfully. The world (and business) runs almost entirely on debt. The problem is it gives the major banks power and influence that they can abuse. 

We were bankrupt after the second world war and still built the NHS on borrowed money, 

4 hours ago, melthebell said:

Ah mel, the Independant itself could be argued to be bias towards labour, it is generally left leaning, maybe even the Loughborough uni academics are too, like the Mirror, the Guardian, Channel 4, the BBC and much of the left leaning social media outlets..... the left will always claim the media is bias towards the right and vice versa, what are your own observations ?

4 minutes ago, Michael_W said:

Ah mel, the Independant itself could be argued to be bias towards labour, it is generally left leaning, maybe even the Loughborough uni academics are too, like the Mirror, the Guardian, Channel 4, the BBC and much of the left leaning social media outlets..... the left will always claim the media is bias towards the right and vice versa, what are your own observations ?

The BBC?... hahahahaha

8 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

The BBC?... hahahahaha

Yep even their very own John Humphrys' said so lol

36 minutes ago, Michael_W said:

My own observation is that i have read a link that i posted, which could be true, it might not be, but i'd be interested to see the actual research findings to see how in depth the subject matter was and how truthful it was

34 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

The BBC?... hahahahaha

its weird im sure im in a different universe, the left say the BBC is biased to the right, and the right say its biased to the left..surely if its both that would mean its in the middle? where it should be??

4 minutes ago, convert said:

So, does Jezza know what time the Queens speech is on?

was he lying about watching it?

is it just media bias?

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/12/watch-jeremy-corbyns-queens-speech-blunder/

I dont watch it either...so what, nor do i wear union jack boxer shorts and stand up and salute as it comes on Alf Garnett style, you could say its biased as in it focuses on all these stupid little negative things that matter not one jot instead of his manifesto and things he says he will do.

Edited by melthebell