The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

4 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Compare these, then decide which would be possible (ha ha) to impliment. Then decide which one is beyond ridiculous.

HECB56B.png

Angel1. 

and Nigels costings for his manifesto pledges?

4 hours ago, RJRB said:

Thankyou RJRB, a very interesting report from the IFS endorsing Labour's long term vision.

Sadly, very few people will bother to read it. . .

Edited by Anna B

I had a leaflet through for NED and apart from a bland two line snippet at the start, I know nothing about her. The rest was just copy and paste labour wish list and some pictures of her and st jez.

Must do better.

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

I had a leaflet through for NED and apart from a bland two line snippet at the start, I know nothing about her. The rest was just copy and paste labour wish list and some pictures of her and st jez.

Must do better.

As a matter of interest, what would you like to see in a leaflet? Given that the average life-span of an election leaflet is the time it takes to get to the recycling bin it's difficult to work out what's likely to hold and keep people's attention beyond that.

Plus, in many households, only one person will read it before binning it. Chances are, when we call round, that we speak to someone who hasn't read it and are informed we never hear from you.   

13 minutes ago, max said:

As a matter of interest, what would you like to see in a leaflet? Given that the average life-span of an election leaflet is the time it takes to get to the recycling bin it's difficult to work out what's likely to hold and keep people's attention beyond that.

Plus, in many households, only one person will read it before binning it. Chances are, when we call round, that we speak to someone who hasn't read it and are informed we never hear from you.   

I’m not expecting the Earth. Are they local? Stance on local issues? Personal stance on brexit?  I fully expect them to parrot off party lines (as I would from other parties), I don’t expect them to give me the nitty gritty about any momentum connections they might have, how they think corbyn has responded to antisemetism but I’d like to know why they’ve suddenly beamed into North East Derbyshire and not a seat in Surrey, Scotland or Manchester. If not, we need to put to bed the myth we vote for a candidate and not a red blue or yellow automaton.

As much as I dislike our current Tory MP at least I’ve got a clue where he’s coming from.

48 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I’m not expecting the Earth. Are they local? Stance on local issues? Personal stance on brexit?  I fully expect them to parrot off party lines (as I would from other parties), I don’t expect them to give me the nitty gritty about any momentum connections they might have, how they think corbyn has responded to antisemetism but I’d like to know why they’ve suddenly beamed into North East Derbyshire and not a seat in Surrey, Scotland or Manchester. If not, we need to put to bed the myth we vote for a candidate and not a red blue or yellow automaton.

As much as I dislike our current Tory MP at least I’ve got a clue where he’s coming from.

Chris Peace has a Facebook page with  details of her campaign, etc. Chris has not been beamed into NE Derbyshire, she was a councillor here in Sheffield for a while but stood down this year in order to concentrate on your constituency. 

As I stated, leaflets have a short shelf life and it's impossible to  contain everything. However, if you're as interested in the candidates as you say can I suggest you contact her office to find out more? 

Just now, max said:

Chris Peace has a Facebook page with  details of her campaign, etc. Chris has not been beamed into NE Derbyshire, she was a councillor here in Sheffield for a while but stood down this year in order to concentrate on your constituency. 

As I stated, leaflets have a short shelf life and it's impossible to  contain everything. However, if you're as interested in the candidates as you say can I suggest you contact her office to find out more? 

I had a look through her Facebook, didn’t get a huge amount more if I’m honest. Chances are she’ll get my vote anyway - best of a bad lot and all that. Oddly the labour chap who actually knocked on my door and did his best to answer my questions (which I liked and thought he did pretty well)  a few weeks ago didn’t even mention th candidates name and I didn’t ask. When did she decide to run?

10 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I had a look through her Facebook, didn’t get a huge amount more if I’m honest. Chances are she’ll get my vote anyway - best of a bad lot and all that. Oddly the labour chap who actually knocked on my door and did his best to answer my questions (which I liked and thought he did pretty well)  a few weeks ago didn’t even mention th candidates name and I didn’t ask. When did she decide to run?

It was shortly after Natasha Engles lost her seat in 2017 but I'm not sure when Chris actually got selected.

18 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Those Labour numbers are roughly the same as the expected cost of a no deal Brexit.

Ask yourself which party has the most ridiculous economic policy.

Please inform me how Labour would pay for their manifesto pledges, PLUS the 58 billion to pay out the WASPI  women, my missus is one by the way, we would not say no to 15k/30k but Corbyn sure as sugar is not getting our votes.

Angel1.

17 hours ago, melthebell said:

and Nigels costings for his manifesto pledges?

As a Brexiteer it saddens me to admit that Nige's manifesto will not mean as much as expected. I can see some Brexiteers voting Conservative in some seats. My own will be interesting, Stocksbridge and Penistone.  Do we Brexiteers vote for our candidate thereby diluting the Conservative vote and letting Labour in by the back door. I wish Nigel had pulled the candidate, but he didn't, sadly.

Angel1.

5 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

As a Brexiteer it saddens me to admit that Nige's manifesto will not mean as much as expected. I can see some Brexiteers voting Conservative in some seats. My own will be interesting, Stocksbridge and Penistone.  Do we Brexiteers vote for our candidate thereby diluting the Conservative vote and letting Labour in by the back door. I wish Nigel had pulled the candidate, but he didn't, sadly.

Angel1.

he'd already pulled enough for his peerage?

9 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Please inform me how Labour would pay for their manifesto pledges, PLUS the 58 billion to pay out the WASPI  women, my missus is one by the way, we would not say no to 15k/30k but Corbyn sure as sugar is not getting our votes.

Angel1.

He’ll have to pay for it in the same way that the Tories will have to pay for no deal Brexit.

Labour’s spending plans are very high, but they will cost the country no more than it will cost to leave the EU without a deal. Something that you’ve been in favour of for a while now.

Your call, I guess. The money can go to Farage’s disaster capitalist mates, or to people like your wife.

I know which side I’d be on.