The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Why on earth should he?

As one of the very few MPs who has consistently fought against antisemitism  and all forms of racism, why should he apologise to anyone?

There are non so blind as those who refuse to see.

Angel1.

44 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

You are the only person in the country to think that, and that includes St Jeremy's disciples who mostly agree that he made one almighty hash up of the whole interview. Therefore I must conclude that you are out of your depth when discussing politics.

Here is a little clue for you  so you can contact your idol and tell him where he went completely off the rails.

Neil, "would you like to take this opportunity tonight  to apologize to the British Jewish community",  four time he asked Corbyn, four times he declined to answer.  A simple yes, I apologize would have saved him some face in the car crash interview, but the fool did not have the sense to do it. And you want this twerp to run our country, I despair.

Angel1. 

Tell me why he should apologise? what has he actually done wrong?

it was a loaded question, if Corbyn said sorry then it would be an admission of guilt (and there is none)...

if he ignored the question then it would be splashed all over the papers that Corbyn refuses to say sorry (as they did)...it was a no win situation, its a shame the sheeple like yourself cant see through the sham

57 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

Boris has made openly racist comments. Mirror <-- you should look in it.

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

Believe me I’ve tried, but despite asking for evidence of Corbyn’s antisemitism on countless occasions, all I have ever seen is the same tired old references to his support for Palestine and criticism of the actions of the Israeli state.

Maybe you have some evidence which we haven’t seen yet.

I won’t hold my breath.  🙄

I've been posting on this site for over 10 years, and with a few honourable exceptions, most right winger on this forum haven't given two hoots about racism. Except to make silly comments about 'political correctness gone mad', and lampooning those on the left as complaining about racism.

It's almost as if they only started caring about those on the receiving end of racist abuse since some in the Labour Party have been exposed for making anti-Semitic statements.

14 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I've been posting on this site for over 10 years, and with a few honourable exceptions, most right winger on this forum haven't given two hoots about racism. Except to make silly comments about 'political correctness gone mad', and lampooning those on the left as complaining about racism.

Those were my thoughts exactly when I saw film of that appalling attack on two young Jewish boys on the tube in London last week.

The fight against antisemitism is not helped by using the issue to score political points and the Chief Rabbi using the plight of his own people to gain a few more grubby votes for the Conservatives should hang his head in shame. 

He’s a disgrace. 😡

1 hour ago, banjodeano said:

Tell me why he should apologise? what has he actually done wrong?

it was a loaded question, if Corbyn said sorry then it would be an admission of guilt (and there is none)...

if he ignored the question then it would be splashed all over the papers that Corbyn refuses to say sorry (as they did)...it was a no win situation, its a shame the sheeple like yourself cant see through the sham

I don’t think Corbyn is a racist but has a leader of he should have clamped down on anyone who is it’s a leadership thing.

44 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

I don’t think Corbyn is a racist but has a leader of he should have clamped down on anyone who is it’s a leadership thing.

Yes, clamp down on any genuine racism, certainly, but pandering to a campaign which has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with an attempt to undermine his party is not real leadership. 

He should have told Andrew Neil to do one and called the Chief Rabbi out for using his position for personal political reasons. That would be real leadership and go some way to dispelling his image of being indecisive.

I hear Boris Johnson is refusing to be interviewed by Andrew Neil.

Can you imagine the furore if Jeremy Corbyn had done that?

3 hours ago, Anna B said:

I hear Boris Johnson is refusing to be interviewed by Andrew Neil.

Can you imagine the furore if Jeremy Corbyn had done that?

nope...not seen anything on the bbc yet lol

12 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

go some way to dispelling his image of being indecisive.

Problem is he's got that image for a reason and the public clearly are very unhappy with it.

17 minutes ago, geared said:

Problem is he's got that image for a reason and the public clearly are very unhappy with it.

The media gave it him unfortunately