The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

If youre going to copy and paste can you please also provide a link to the source.

Thank you.

Edited by nikki-red

3 hours ago, alchresearch said:

How many of these can be proven to be false?

EKSmeP-WoAAjOTz?format=jpg&name=4096x409

How many of them can be proven to have anything to do with antisemitism? 🙄

Jeremy on the Andrew Neil show this evening, car crash does not do it justice.  Neil ripped St Jezza into shreds, did not see him answer one question throughout the whole show. Corbyn must be the best thing ever for the Tory hope of a large victory in the forthcoming GE. 

Angel1.

48 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Jeremy on the Andrew Neil show this evening, car crash does not do it justice.  Neil ripped St Jezza into shreds, did not see him answer one question throughout the whole show. Corbyn must be the best thing ever for the Tory hope of a large victory in the forthcoming GE. 

Angel1.

Twitter disagrees with you, Angel.

It seems that Corbyn came over pretty positively.

Maybe you should work on your analytical skills a bit more. After you’ve worked on your counting.

49 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

Jeremy Corbyn should have been better prepared for Andrew Neil's typical aggressive interview technique. But you   can understand why Jeremy got flustered when he was  repeatedly questioned about anti-Semitism in the Labour Party. 

Jeremy Corbyn  isn't at all anti-semitic, and Andrew Neil knows that. 

Having said that, I partly agree with you about the interview, he should have responded to the questions better then he did.

1 hour ago, janie48 said:

Jeremy Corbyn should have been better prepared for Andrew Neil's typical aggressive interview technique. But you   can understand why Jeremy got flustered when he was  repeatedly questioned about anti-Semitism in the Labour Party. 

Jeremy Corbyn  isn't at all anti-semitic, and Andrew Neil knows that. 

Having said that, I partly agree with you about the interview, he should have responded to the questions better then he did.

I've said it before,  Andrew Neil is the Rottweiler of the interviewing world. But he's fair - he's awful to everyone. Let's see how Boris fares under the same scrutiny.

One notable difference: Boris doesn't listen to interuptions, he just talks over them, so Neil will have to keep a firm hold or he will just be ignored while Boris waxes lyrical, and goes on and on and . . . 

Corbyn on the other hand did try to listen to what Neil was asking, and tried to respond, but was cut short before he'd had chance to explain.

But this is Andrew Neil's style.

Edited by Anna B

10 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Maybe you should work on your analytical skills a bit more. After you’ve worked on your counting.

This seems to be the lead story today:

General election 2019: No apology from Jeremy Corbyn over Labour anti-Semitism claims

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50564965

and this:

General election 2019: Corbyn concedes lower earners could pay more tax

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50567979

The thing about Twitter is that there are so many sources to follow, which will be tailored to your own point of view.  I've had a look on my feed today and its mostly negative to Corbyn. 

Anyway, the top four trending hashtags today are:

#Gary Rhodes
#corbyncarcrash
Richard Burgon
#AndrewNeilInterview

Perhaps you should look at both sides before petty point scoring against Angel.

Edited by alchresearch

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:Perhaps you should look at both sides before petty point scoring against Angel.

I don’t see any point scoring.  I saw the Neil interview and although Corbyn was lacklustre and was ill-prepared he certainly wasn’t ‘torn to shreds’ by Neil.

That is just wishful thinking on Angelfire’s part.

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I don’t see any point scoring.  I saw the Neil interview and although Corbyn was lacklustre and was ill-prepared he certainly wasn’t ‘torn to shreds’ by Neil.

That is just wishful thinking on Angelfire’s part.

Jeremy Corbyn stood firm, in spite of Andrew Neil hammering away.  Corbyn answered all the questions, though not necessarily to Neil's liking. His problem was that he was polite and listened to Neil's interruptions and tried to respond when he'd already answered the questions. Boris doesn't listen, just talks over people and never shuts up. Who do you want, a politician who listens, or one who doesn't and is all bluster?

As for anti-semitism, it's ironic that Corbyn, who has done more standing up for minorities including the Jewish community, than any other politician, should be harassed like this. He won the Ghandi peace prize for his work for heaven's sake. . .  He's done all he can to counter anti-semitism in the Labour party. What has he got to apologise for?

Let's see how Boris does, up againnst the Rottweiler. Andrew Neil.

Edited by Anna B

Anna, the award for not finishing while squirming goes to Corbyn. He did the usual politicians skirting round questions and no doubt there will be more from boris and the rest.

19 hours ago, Pettytom said:

You are the only person in the country to think that, and that includes St Jeremy's disciples who mostly agree that he made one almighty hash up of the whole interview. Therefore I must conclude that you are out of your depth when discussing politics.

Here is a little clue for you  so you can contact your idol and tell him where he went completely off the rails.

Neil, "would you like to take this opportunity tonight  to apologize to the British Jewish community",  four time he asked Corbyn, four times he declined to answer.  A simple yes, I apologize would have saved him some face in the car crash interview, but the fool did not have the sense to do it. And you want this twerp to run our country, I despair.

Angel1. 

4 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

four time he asked Corbyn, four times he declined to answer.  A simple yes, I apologize would have saved him some face in the car crash interview,

Why on earth should he?

As one of the very few MPs who has consistently fought against antisemitism  and all forms of racism, why should he apologise to anyone?