The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

36 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Don’t you find that just a little bit suspicious? 😵

My thoughts exactly. 

Another stick to beat Corbyn with.

Meanwhile the Muslim Council of Great Britain says " Islamaphobia is particularly acute in the Conservative Party."

Bet we don't hear that quoted and discussed ad infinitum for years and years...

Edited by Anna B

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

I am not Jewish or a member of The Labour Party although I have certainly voted for them for the majority of my voting life.

Nor do I consider myself anti semitic.

Is this really a trait more evident in The Labour Party than any other, or could it being used to counter any argument against those who support,or have sympathy  for the Palestinian people ?

I agree. When religion gets involved it is usually a mess.

It's difficult to separate Islam and Palestine and almost impossible to separate Israel and Judaism. They are different things. 

Btw -

It was a close run thing when they came to decide the name of the land now known as Israel.

The second choice was ZION.   If chosen the negative connotations of Zionism would  have been understood in a whole different way.

6 minutes ago, Flanker7 said:

The second choice was ZION.   If chosen the negative connotations of Zionism would  have been understood in a whole different way.

But would confuse matters with Rastafarians LOL

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Well I don't remember there being any previous mentions of anti-Semitism in the UK's mainstream politics before Corbyn was elected Labour leader unless you include the old National Front or BNP? 

It was levelled against the Labour Party when Ed Miliband was leader.

32 minutes ago, Anna B said:

My thoughts exactly. 

Another stick to beat Corbyn with.

Meanwhile the Muslim Council of Great Britain says " Islamaphobia is particularly acute in the Conservative Party."

Bet we don't hear that quoted and discussed ad infinitum for years and years...

I doubt whether the BBC will accord the same publicity to the ruling of the MCB about The Conservative Party as they do to anti semitism in the Labour Party.

19 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

How many of these can be proven to be false?

EKSmeP-WoAAjOTz?format=jpg&name=4096x409

no idea, the trouble with all this is theres that much fake news and time passing, and the mass media posting stuff on it, its hard to dig deep for actual facts on the matters.

take a random case from this, renaming holocaust day..........just done a quick google and unless you dig VERY deep everything comes up from 2018, and its media supportive or part of Jewish interests or tabloids just giving this basic story...NO FACTS, so its hard to base if its true or false. What i do believe is these accusations should be checked out and anybody caught lying should be done for hate crime as its using the holocaust as a fake history and tarring the legacy by using it falsely.

Edited by melthebell

25 minutes ago, melthebell said:

no idea, the trouble with all this is theres that much fake news and time passing, and the mass media posting stuff on it, its hard to dig deep for actual facts on the matters.

take a random case from this, renaming holocaust day..........just done a quick google and unless you dig VERY deep everything comes up from 2018, and its media supportive or part of Jewish interests or tabloids just giving this basic story...NO FACTS, so its hard to base if its true or false. What i do believe is these accusations should be checked out and anybody caught lying should be done for hate crime as its using the holocaust as a fake history and tarring the legacy by using it falsely.

If Jeremy Corbyn was leading a racist party then I just wonder why Tommy Robinson has declared his support for the Tory Party?

2 minutes ago, Mister M said:

If Jeremy Corbyn was leading a racist party then I just wonder why Tommy Robinson has declared his support for the Tory Party?

Best chance of brexit since farage has stopped most of his candidates from running, thought robinson was a "member" of UKIp so to speak

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Like you Mel,I am not at all sure how much stands up to close scrutiny,and how much is attributable to vested interests to discredit his sympathy for the Palestinians and a United Ireland.

Similar “facts” could be listed to discredit Winston Churchill,The Vatican,Boris Johnson,Donald Trump in fact almost any individual or organisation.

Its a bit of a job picking through the nitty gritty only to find that there is no single truth.

2 hours ago, alchresearch said:

How many of these can be proven to be false?

EKSmeP-WoAAjOTz?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Alternatively

Corbyn organised the Apr. 1977 defence of Jewish populated Wood Green from a Neo-Nazi march
EDM3933 7 Nov. 1990: Corbyn signs motion condemning the rise of antisemitism
EDM634, 11 Apr. 2000: Jeremy Corbyn signs motion condemning David Irving for being a Holocaust Denier
EDM1124, 6 Nov. 2000: Jeremy Corbyn praised the ‘British Schindler’, Bill Barazetti, for his WW2 kindertransport
EDM742, 28 Jan. 2002: Jeremy Corbyn signs motion praising football clubs for commemorating Holocaust Day
EDM1233 30 Apr. 2002: Corbyn was a primary sponsor on a motion condemning antisemitism
11 May 2002: Jeremy led a clean up of Finsbury Park Synagogue after an anti-Semitic attack
EDM1691, 23 July 2002: Corbyn condemned attacks on a synagogue in Swansea
EDM123 26 Nov. 2003: Corbyn officially condemns attacks on 2 Istanbul synagogues
EDM298, 16 Dec. 2003: Jeremy Corbyn signs motion commemorating International Holocaust Day
2004: Jeremy condemned news that anti-Semitic hate crimes had risen for yet another year
EDM461, 21 Jan. 2004: Jeremy Corbyn condemned the French government’s moves to ban the Jewish Kippa in French Schools
EDM717, 26 Feb. 2004: Jeremy signed a motion praising Simon Wiesenthal for bringing Nazi perpetrators of the Holocaust to justice
EDM1613, 8 Sept. 2004: Corbyn co-sponsored a bill expressing fears for the future of the United Synagogue Pension Scheme
EDM1699, 11 Oct. 2004: Jeremy Corbyn condemned arbitrary attacks on civilians in Israel and Palestine
EDM482, 12 Jan. 2005: Jeremy Corbyn signs a motion commemorating International Holocaust Day
EDM343, 16 June 2005: Jeremy condemned the desecration of a Jewish cemetery in east London
EDM1343, 11 Jan. 2006: Jeremy Corbyn signs a motion commemorating International Holocaust Day
EDM1774, 8 Mar. 2006: Jeremy Corbyn led condemnations of an Iranian Magazine soliciting cartoons about the Holocaust
EDM1267, 16 Apr. 2006: Jeremy Corbyn condemned Bryan Ferry for anti-Semitic remarks
EDM2414, 26 June 2006: Jeremy Corbyn praised British war veterans for their efforts to combat the Holocaust
EDM2705, 10 Oct. 2006: Jeremy signed a motion marking the 70th anniversary of Cable Street
EDM271, 14 Nov. 2007: Jeremy co-sponsored a motion lamenting the poverty and social exclusion East London Jews suffered
EDM153, 12 May 2008: Corbyn praised the efforts of the Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto during the uprising of 1944
EDM2350, 27 Oct 2008: Jeremy Corbyn signs a motion marking the 70th anniversary of the horrors of the holocaust
EDM173, 8 Dec. 2008: Jeremy condemned the Press Complaints Commission for refusing to sanction The Times for antisemitism
EDM461, 14 Jan. 2009: Jeremy Corbyn condemned a wave of recent anti-Semitic incidents targeted
EDM605, 27 Jan. 2009: Corbyn signed John Mann’s motion condemning antisemitism on university campuses
EDM917 26 Feb. 2009: Jeremy signs a motion condemning antisemitism on the internet
EDM1175 24 Mar. 2009: Corbyn signs a motion praising the heroism of British Jews during Holocaust
EDM337, 2 Dec. 2009: Jeremy Condemned Iran’s treatment of Jewish minorities in Iran
EDM850 9 Feb. 2010: Jeremy joins in calls for Facebook to do more to fight antisemitism
EDM891: 22 Feb 2010: Corbyn co-sponsors a motion calling for Yemen’s Jews to be given refugee status to the UK
EDM908 27 Oct. 2010: Corbyn praises work of late Israeli PM in his pursuit of a 2 state solution
EDM1360, 27 Jan. 2011: Corbyn co-sponsored a motion praising the ‘never again for anyone initiative’
EDM1527, 3 Mar. 2011: Corbyn backed Ian Paisley’s motion condemning the anti-Semitic remarks of Dior’s lead fashion designer
EDM2870, 14 Mar. 2012: Jeremy Corbyn condemned the sale of Nazi memorabilia at an auction in Bristol
EDM2866, 14 Mar 2012: Jeremy Corbyn co-sponsored a bill condemning the rise of antisemitism in Lithuania
EDM2899, 20 Mar. 2012, Jeremy Corbyn condemned a terrorist attack on a Jewish school in Toulouse
EDM168, 12 June 2012, Jeremy co-sponsored a motion condemning anti-Semitic attacks during EURO 2012 in Poland
EDM 195 13 June 2012: Jeremy attacks BBC for cutting Jewish programmes from Its schedule
EDM 1133 1 Mar 2013: Corbyn joins a chorus of calls condemning antisemitism In sport
1 Oct. 2013: Corbyn was one of the few MPs who defended Ralph Miliband from Daily Mail antisemitism
EDM 932 9 Jan 2014: Jeremy praises Holocaust Memorial’s work on antisemitism education
EDM 165 22 June 2015: Jeremy condemns a Neo-Nazi rally planned for a Jewish area of London
Sat 4 July 2015: Jeremy co-planned a counter-fascist demo in defence of Jewish residents at Golders Green. The march was re-routed
18 Nov. 2015, Corbyn used one of his first PMQs to challenge Cameron to do more on antisemitism
9 Oct 2016: Corbyn, close to tears, leads commemoration of the Battle of Cable Street
3 Dec. 2016: Corbyn visits Terezin Concentration Camp to commemorate Holocaust victims
In 2017-19 Jeremy introduced 20 new measures to combat antisemitism in the Labour Party

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

Not that difficult to find  2011 Corbyn sponsored the motion. 

https://edm.parliament.uk/early-day-motion/42381 

3 minutes ago, steve68 said:

Not that difficult to find  2011 Corbyn sponsored the motion. 

https://edm.parliament.uk/early-day-motion/42381 

Ah thankyou, it is easy to find if you know what and where to look, otherwise its hidden in a sea of ifs and maybes, cheers ill take a look.

after reading the reasons for the motion i don't find it anti-semitic?? maybe a bit "PC" and pointless? but not anti-semitic? They aren't trying to take anything away from the jewish people or say it never happened, but toying with words, BOTH Holocaust and genocide fit, both words fit for both Jewish victims and other victims?

Edited by melthebell