The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

I think St Jeremy (who must not be criticized) has just made our Country bankrupt (again) in the most unlikely scenario of him attaining the heady heights of been PM of our Country.   £1.2 Trillion pledged. Madness just sheer madness, and still a month to go, maybe if Jezza tries hard enough he may be able to get it up to 2 trillion.

Angel1.

4 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I think St Jeremy (who must not be criticized) has just made our Country bankrupt (again) in the most unlikely scenario of him attaining the heady heights of been PM of our Country.   £1.2 Trillion pledged. Madness just sheer madness, and still a month to go, maybe if Jezza tries hard enough he may be able to get it up to 2 trillion.

Angel1.

I think anyone who has willingly given farage money isn't in any position to call any one mad.

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

I think anyone who has willingly given farage money isn't in any position to call any one mad.

£25 sure aint 1.2 trillion though, is it.

Angel1.

9 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

I'll never understand why some members of the most fortunate generation to ever have lived in this country became so narrow minded, mean spirited, backward looking, joyless and wallowed in self pity.

4 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I'll never understand why some members of the most fortunate generation to ever have lived in this country became so narrow minded, mean spirited, backward looking, joyless and wallowed in self pity.

Don't you just love the Baby Boomers. 😉

12 hours ago, Robin-H said:

What percentage of businesses don't already have broadband?

If it's aimed at business, why not just subsidise businesses cost of broadband through tax breaks etc...

It isnt't aimed at business, Anna B doesn't know what she is talking about.

The free broadband idea is actually quite simple.  It's an attempt to narrow the social divide.  Labour knows that access to the internet is arguably the most powerful tool for education and think it is fair to ensure that everyone has access to it and not just simply the people who can afford it.  It should be seen as an extension to everyone's entitlement to education.

I am not even surprised that the majority of people on here can't see it.  You lot would have benefited from free broadband it seems.

Edited by Albert the Cat

51 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

why did you give farage 25  smackers? you do realise that Farage is an ex banker??

8 minutes ago, Class66 said:

To early to say really as although he seems bunglish  so far, there's not many skeletons in his closet that would come close to the graveyard that Corbyn has stashed away. 

wow, are you serious?, im sure if Corbyn had any skeletons in his cupboard the Tory owned media would have found them...and up to now they have nothing on him...but Boris? hes a proven liar

55 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

What are you getting for that? 

Whats the brexit total so £6.4bn? Anyway you’ve got brexit company, sorry party candidates suing Nigel because he’s pulled the rug from under them. Some of them have invested hundreds, and now they’ve lost the lot and not even started. Hilarious.

10 minutes ago, Class66 said:

To early to say really as although he seems bunglish  so far, there's not many skeletons in his closet that would come close to the graveyard that Corbyn has stashed away. 

No more said.

Posts have been removed. If youre going to copy and paste please also post a link to the source.

Thank you.

Edited by nikki-red

1 hour ago, banjodeano said:

why did you give farage 25  smackers? you do realise that Farage is an ex banker??

wow, are you serious?, im sure if Corbyn had any skeletons in his cupboard the Tory owned media would have found them...and up to now they have nothing on him...but Boris? hes a proven liar

My Bold 

Mr Farage has never been a banker, he was a broker in the city. just nit picking

3 hours ago, Albert the Cat said:

It isnt't aimed at business, Anna B doesn't know what she is talking about.

The free broadband idea is actually quite simple.  It's an attempt to narrow the social divide.  Labour knows that access to the internet is arguably the most powerful tool for education and think it is fair to ensure that everyone has access to it and not just simply the people who can afford it.  It should be seen as an extension to everyone's entitlement to education.

I am not even surprised that the majority of people on here can't see it.  You lot would have benefited from free broadband it seems.

Boris seems to think fast, reliable broadband is important too and is already using taxpayer's money to subsidise private company Openreach. Well, the CEO and his cronies have to get their massive pay packages from somewhere . .

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/openreach-ceo-boris-johnsons-2025-fibre-goal-is-a-stretch

The rest of your post I agree with, but he also aims to get Broadband to the people not covered by  the Network (of which their are many) because private companies don't find them profit making.