The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

Just now, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Had to do it mate, no insult of any kind intended. It was just humour on my part.

Angel1

No offence taken my owd chap...

Just now, banjodeano said:

No offence taken my owd chap...

👍

Angel1.

2 hours ago, banjodeano said:

Of course i believe that, and indeed they are funding some labour party members, why is a foreign power funding labour MP's? no foreign power should fund any MP, and that goes for all the parties in parliament, and its obvious what the motives are, Corbyn is pro Palestinian, the last thing they need is a pro Palestinian UK government, do you fail to see that? isnt it a bit obvious?

And whats your views on Ellman leaving the party days before re selection is triggered? if she was as popular as she thought she would face down her accusers, she would get re selected if people were happy with her performance, but she is running scared like a coward..

as for your innuendos, you are linking my comments to the horrors of world war 2, thats pretty low even by your standards, do you think i applaud or support the horrors of the holocaust?

The problem is people like you that do a disservice to the antisemitism cause, claiming there is a party rife with antisemitism when there is no such thing, if you cant see that this is just power struggle within the labour party then i am lost for words, you have been duped by the blairites and their friends in the media

Do you not understand how percentages work?  its totally relevant, its obvious if a party has far higher numbers than a small party, then the chances are they will have far more fruit loops in the party than another party, its quite easy when you think about it...

whilst you mention the Tory party, why have they not investigated the accusations of islamaphobia within the party?

So just that I'm clear in your opinion. 

You believe that Louise Ellman has been paid by Friends of Israel to lie about what's going on in the Labour Party and claim that Labour members are being bullied and abused when they aren't. 

5 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

So just that I'm clear in your opinion. 

You believe that Louise Ellman has been paid by Friends of Israel to lie about what's going on in the Labour Party and claim that Labour members are being bullied and abused when they aren't. 

and just so that i am clear,

Do you think i applaud or support the horrors of the holocaust because of my comments? 

And whats your views on Ellman leaving the party days before re selection is triggered? 

4 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

and just so that i am clear,

Do you think i applaud or support the horrors of the holocaust because of my comments? 

And whats your views on Ellman leaving the party days before re selection is triggered? 

So that is your opinion? 

I don't think you applaud or support the horrors of the holocaust no. I think Ellman left the party for the reasons she stated. 

I answered your questions. Now please answer mine. 

1 minute ago, Robin-H said:

So that is your opinion? 

I don't think you applaud or support the horrors of the holocaust no. I think Ellman left the party for the reasons she stated. 

I answered your questions. Now please answer mine. 

I dont know if Ellman is funded by the "friends of Israel" group, but a lot of the labour party members who accuse Corbyn of antisemitism are indeed funded by that group, Watson, Hodge etc, perhaps Ellman is one of them as well, but i have not seem her name mentioned.

Do i think she is lying, i believe she is over egging the pudding, you will get the odd stupid comment from a fruit loop, you will get that in any party, but where is her evidence to say that antisemitism in rife in the party,  the figures dont add up, where is the evidence?

1 minute ago, banjodeano said:

I dont know if Ellman is funded by the "friends of Israel" group, but a lot of the labour party members who accuse Corbyn of antisemitism are indeed funded by that group, Watson, Hodge etc, perhaps Ellman is one of them as well, but i have not seem her name mentioned.

Do i think she is lying, i believe she is over egging the pudding, you will get the odd stupid comment from a fruit loop, you will get that in any party, but where is her evidence to say that antisemitism in rife in the party,  the figures dont add up, where is the evidence?

I'm less concerned about whether somebody gets donations from an interest group (as that is perfectly normal for MPs - Corbyn's leadership campaign got £10,000 from the Palestinian Group Friends of Al-Aqsa, it doesn't mean that he's now a puppet of Al-Aqsa) - I'm more concerned about whether you believe that Friends of Israel are paying MPs to lie and discredit the Labour Party. 

Ellman's statement was unambiguous. Her evidence is what she has witnessed with her own eyes and ears. They were not the words of someone who thinks something might be true but isn't really sure, so she either has to be lying about what she has witnessed within the Labour Party, or there has to be truth behind her statement. 

10 hours ago, Robin-H said:

I'm less concerned about whether somebody gets donations from an interest group (as that is perfectly normal for MPs - Corbyn's leadership campaign got £10,000 from the Palestinian Group Friends of Al-Aqsa, it doesn't mean that he's now a puppet of Al-Aqsa) - I'm more concerned about whether you believe that Friends of Israel are paying MPs to lie and discredit the Labour Party. 

Ellman's statement was unambiguous. Her evidence is what she has witnessed with her own eyes and ears. They were not the words of someone who thinks something might be true but isn't really sure, so she either has to be lying about what she has witnessed within the Labour Party, or there has to be truth behind her statement. 

as i stated, i dont think any money, donations or otherwise should come from foreign players, why should it? they will always want something in return, nothing is ever free.

Without a doubt friends of Israel are funding people to certainly discredit the party, not sure about lies, but they are certainly over egging the pudding, making things appear worse than they actually are. I have not read what Ellman claims, and i have no idea if it has been verified? do you know if it has been verified?

Serious question, Do you realise there is a power struggle withing the party?  its a fight beteween the left and right, and the right are doing eerything to make the party unelectable, i strongly believe that they would rather have a tory government than a Corbyn led labour one.

You only have to look at the farce over getting left MP,s kicked out of the party,  the Ken Livingstone ambush by the friend of israel John Mann, which was perfectly stage managed for the cameras, he was ranting and swearing at livingstone calling him a ****ing anti semite, and did you follow the story? the charge was  later dropped because they couldnt nail him with the title Antisemite, they had no evidence, it was all fake news..so he was charged with bringing the party into disrepute instead, they forced him out by another way, but John Mann was never charged with his rant and swearing though.. its the same with Chris Williamson at present, its all a set up.

As i have said many times, you will get the odd person with hate and prejudices, but to say the party is rife with antisemitism is wrong, why have the tories not seen and hatred from the media about failing to hold an inquiry into islamaphobia? why have i never seen you yourself condemne the Tories over their failure to act?

EDIT....

i have had a look on the web about Ellman and her claims about anti semitism within the party, i can find a lot of hot air and bluster, but very little detail, even the BBC page doesnt show any detail, if the party was rife with antisemitism you would think there would be link after link of abusive comments,  ithink she realised she was going to be out of a job and jumped before she was pushed, she was after all facing a triggor ballot.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50077384

1 hour ago, banjodeano said:

if the party was rife with antisemitism you would think there would be link after link of abusive comments, 

Yeah, everything is fine.  That's why Panorama didn't make a programme about it, or why they're not losing members, or having trouble at their conferences, or facing bankruptcy.

Ex-chairman Jamie Glackin deserts Labour until antisemitism dealt with

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/scotland/ex-chairman-jamie-glackin-deserts-labour-until-antisemitism-dealt-with-v8w5mjtg8

Sign taken down in Labour anti-Semitism row after police intervene

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/sign-taken-down-labour-anti-20146095

Labour Party risks bankruptcy over antisemitism investigation, executive members fear

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-party-bankruptcy-antisemitism-investigation-corbyn-executive-a9153561.html

11 hours ago, banjodeano said:

EDIT....

i have had a look on the web about Ellman and her claims about anti semitism within the party, i can find a lot of hot air and bluster, but very little detail, even the BBC page doesnt show any detail, if the party was rife with antisemitism you would think there would be link after link of abusive comments,  ithink she realised she was going to be out of a job and jumped before she was pushed, she was after all facing a triggor ballot.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50077384

If you throw enough <removed> some of it sticks. This seems like you’re way of dealing with anyone who says a problem exists with anti-semitism.

Edited by nikki-red

9 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Yeah, everything is fine.  That's why Panorama didn't make a programme about it, or why they're not losing members, or having trouble at their conferences, or facing bankruptcy.

Ex-chairman Jamie Glackin deserts Labour until antisemitism dealt with

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/scotland/ex-chairman-jamie-glackin-deserts-labour-until-antisemitism-dealt-with-v8w5mjtg8

Sign taken down in Labour anti-Semitism row after police intervene

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/sign-taken-down-labour-anti-20146095

Labour Party risks bankruptcy over antisemitism investigation, executive members fear

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-party-bankruptcy-antisemitism-investigation-corbyn-executive-a9153561.html

yeah, thanks for the links, but there was nothing in them that tells me the party is rife with antisemitism, just a few disgruntled people, if you were going to post some links, at least post some stuff that backs up your claim, even the last one  doesnt mention any names, just things like "Two sources said the discussion was quickly “shut down" and "Some NEC members are worried" and  " several NEC members ".....and on and on, some people, reports of people, our sources...and on and on ....its just lacking any facts....

6 hours ago, hobinfoot said:

If you throw enough <removed> some of it sticks. This seems like you’re way of dealing with anyone who says a problem exists with anti-semitism.

so where are all the facts then? if the party is rife with antisemitism. then surely there must be pages of proof, i refer back to my post that only 0.08% have been ACCUSED of antisemitsm...hardly rife?

Edited by nikki-red