The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

2 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Perhaps it may be even the fact that she was facing reselection and decided to jump ship, the coward wasn't happy to face her accusers and put her credibility on the line, she couldn't have been very confident of her popularity, and before you start bleating on  about her being bullied out, its democracy in action, unless you think people should have a job for life...

Oh and what sentiments are those? Please don't hide behind inuendoes, nail your colours to the mast old chap..

I'm not hiding behind innuendoes - indeed I spelled it out quite clearly in my post. 

Do you believe that the Friends of Israel group are paying people to disrupt and discredit the Labour Party? Do you believe that they are paying MPs to lie about the what they are seeing happen within the Labour Party? If you do believe that, what do you believe their motives are and what evidence do you have. 

Without evidence, it sounds a lot like the conspiracy theories that Ellman mentioned. I'm sure I don't need to spell out the long history of conspiracy theories that people have made up about jewish people. 

5 hours ago, banjodeano said:

the numbers dont stack up, 0.0%  ACCUSED..!!!! That not even 1%...and in a party that is supposed to be rife with antisemitism?

Once again you're bandying about what looks like a small number when put in percentage terms, but when you put it into actual numbers, its HUNDREDS.

How many cases of antisemitism in the Tory party?  Is the figure in the hundreds?

1 hour ago, banjodeano said:

Perhaps it may be even the fact that she was facing reselection and decided to jump ship, the coward wasn't happy to face her accusers and put her credibility on the line, she couldn't have been very confident of her popularity, and before you start bleating on  about her being bullied out, its democracy in action, unless you think people should have a job for life...

Oh and what sentiments are those? Please don't hide behind inuendoes, nail your colours to the mast old chap..

That is a pretty thin and quite nasty response against someone who has been a Labour Party Member for 55 years and an MP for 22.

Maybe you could just admit, under St Jeremy (who is unelectable imho) antisemitism has increased on his watch.

Angel1. 

I long for the days when the only "enemy" of Labour were the Tories.

Local and national MPs and councillors just focused on Thatcher and what her policies were going to the country.

Now it seems the enemy of Labour extends to Jews, Blairites, or anyone critical of Corbyn.  His followers are out on social media today sticking the boot into Louise Ellman.  

Nothing has been so dismal, so ugly and yet so downright predictable as the open sewer of responses to Louise Ellman's resignation. 

From the Party's woeful response to the NEC youth rep questioning commitment & values of an MP 55 years a member. 

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

That is a pretty thin and quite nasty response against someone who has been a Labour Party Member for 55 years and an MP for 22.

Maybe you could just admit, under St Jeremy (who is unelectable imho) antisemitism has increased on his watch.

Angel1. 

Accusations aren't evidence.  

7 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1. 

9 hours ago, Robin-H said:

I'm not hiding behind innuendoes - indeed I spelled it out quite clearly in my post. 

Do you believe that the Friends of Israel group are paying people to disrupt and discredit the Labour Party? Do you believe that they are paying MPs to lie about the what they are seeing happen within the Labour Party? If you do believe that, what do you believe their motives are and what evidence do you have. 

Without evidence, it sounds a lot like the conspiracy theories that Ellman mentioned. I'm sure I don't need to spell out the long history of conspiracy theories that people have made up about jewish people. 

Of course i believe that, and indeed they are funding some labour party members, why is a foreign power funding labour MP's? no foreign power should fund any MP, and that goes for all the parties in parliament, and its obvious what the motives are, Corbyn is pro Palestinian, the last thing they need is a pro Palestinian UK government, do you fail to see that? isnt it a bit obvious?

And whats your views on Ellman leaving the party days before re selection is triggered? if she was as popular as she thought she would face down her accusers, she would get re selected if people were happy with her performance, but she is running scared like a coward..

as for your innuendos, you are linking my comments to the horrors of world war 2, thats pretty low even by your standards, do you think i applaud or support the horrors of the holocaust?

The problem is people like you that do a disservice to the antisemitism cause, claiming there is a party rife with antisemitism when there is no such thing, if you cant see that this is just power struggle within the labour party then i am lost for words, you have been duped by the blairites and their friends in the media

8 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Once again you're bandying about what looks like a small number when put in percentage terms, but when you put it into actual numbers, its HUNDREDS.

How many cases of antisemitism in the Tory party?  Is the figure in the hundreds?

Do you not understand how percentages work?  its totally relevant, its obvious if a party has far higher numbers than a small party, then the chances are they will have far more fruit loops in the party than another party, its quite easy when you think about it...

whilst you mention the Tory party, why have they not investigated the accusations of islamaphobia within the party?

8 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1. 

so where is your evidence Angel?

From the Metro.       

Leader Of The Opposition Jeremy Corbyn and his party still isn’t ahead in any of the polls. How is this possible? In his inaugural conference speech in 2015, he compared Labour to a football club: They’ve had a terrible summer, they’ve got 160,000 new fans, season tickets are sold out, the new supporters are young and optimistic, I don’t know how this club are going to get through this crisis. Three years on, Labour still hasn’t taken the lead. And as a rule, polling for the opposition doesn’t get much better from here. And it comes down to Jeremy Corbyn: Nearly twice as many British people think Corbyn is racist as they do Theresa May. Around 30% of Britons think he’s anti-Semitic compared to May’s 5%. May and Corbyn are even (9%) on those who think they are Islamophobic. Despite people favouring Labour more than they have done in the last 10 years and voters favouring Labour policy, fewer than one in three people like Jeremy Corbyn. Around 64% say they don’t like him, which puts him with Miliband between 2013 and 2015 and Gordon Brown in 2008. Frank Field MP, who recently resigned the Labour whip, reflected in the Sunday Times that ‘Corbyn was the inevitable consequence of two decades of neoliberal economics’ but the thing that is sweeping the world are the new voices. Macron, Trudeau and Trump are all new voices away from the perceived ‘establishment’, for better or worse, not Old Labour. Corbyn has sat in the House Of Commons for 35 years and is now trying to be the voice of the outsider.

Open Democracy.

Commentators across the political spectrum have finally found something they can agree on: Jeremy Corbyn is unelectable. Some on the right make clear their disdain for all he stands for. Others, on the centre left, have a more subtle argument. We’d love to vote for him, they say, but he’d never win over the wider public – so it’s time to get real.

Angel1.

8 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

From the Metro.       

Leader Of The Opposition Jeremy Corbyn and his party still isn’t ahead in any of the polls. How is this possible? In his inaugural conference speech in 2015, he compared Labour to a football club: They’ve had a terrible summer, they’ve got 160,000 new fans, season tickets are sold out, the new supporters are young and optimistic, I don’t know how this club are going to get through this crisis. Three years on, Labour still hasn’t taken the lead. And as a rule, polling for the opposition doesn’t get much better from here. And it comes down to Jeremy Corbyn: Nearly twice as many British people think Corbyn is racist as they do Theresa May. Around 30% of Britons think he’s anti-Semitic compared to May’s 5%. May and Corbyn are even (9%) on those who think they are Islamophobic. Despite people favouring Labour more than they have done in the last 10 years and voters favouring Labour policy, fewer than one in three people like Jeremy Corbyn. Around 64% say they don’t like him, which puts him with Miliband between 2013 and 2015 and Gordon Brown in 2008. Frank Field MP, who recently resigned the Labour whip, reflected in the Sunday Times that ‘Corbyn was the inevitable consequence of two decades of neoliberal economics’ but the thing that is sweeping the world are the new voices. Macron, Trudeau and Trump are all new voices away from the perceived ‘establishment’, for better or worse, not Old Labour. Corbyn has sat in the House Of Commons for 35 years and is now trying to be the voice of the outsider.

Open Democracy.

Commentators across the political spectrum have finally found something they can agree on: Jeremy Corbyn is unelectable. Some on the right make clear their disdain for all he stands for. Others, on the centre left, have a more subtle argument. We’d love to vote for him, they say, but he’d never win over the wider public – so it’s time to get real.

Angel1.

no evidence then Angel ?

8 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

no evidence then Angel ?

I give in. There are none so blind that those who will not see.

55j4dYv.jpg

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

3 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

I give in. There are none so blind that those who will not see.

55j4dYv.jpg

Angel1.

thanks for your input Angel..

Just now, banjodeano said:

thanks for your input Angel..

Had to do it mate, no insult of any kind intended. It was just humour on my part.

Angel1