The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

Time to get rid of Corbyn or the Lib Dems will take a ton of votes off them at the General election ending in a coalition.

42 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Time to get rid of Corbyn or the Lib Dems will take a ton of votes off them at the General election ending in a coalition.

Who would they form a coalition with?

They’ve ruled out working with Labour. And absorbed more than enough Tory defectors already.

Edited by Pettytom

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

Its been quiet on here from his usual fan club since you posted that!  

Jeremy Corbyn: I’ll stay neutral and let the people decide on Brexit

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/17/corbyn-vows-to-put-sensible-brexit-deal-to-voters-in-referendum

And what happens if its nearly 50-50 again Jeremy?   All he's doing is avoiding upsetting what Labour supporters he has left because its split his party.   Fence sitting is not the qualities we want in a PM.

While some people have said that they'd now vote Remain instead of Leave, many original Remaners (myself included) are so sick of this dragging on they just want it over and done with.   How much money and time has been wasted so far dragging it on?

I know. If by some disaster he was PM and then decided to hold another referendum then what stance woudl the govt take?

"welllllllllllllll, we dont really want to offend anyone so you, the voting public, decide. We wont tell you what we think is good or bad but, you know, have a vote for us with no guidance or information and then we will implement what you want"

Doesn't that sound eerily similar to 2016?

12 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Who would they form a coalition with?

Most likely Labour, Lib Dems and the SNP.

To buy off the Lib Dems, a Brexit referendum would be offered and to buy off the SNP another independence referendum will be offered. 

I foresee a right mess but at least it will stop Brexit and give us a chance to start putting things back together.

Much easier to sack off Corbyn now and stand as a true Remain party. That is Labour’s only chance of an outright majority.

2 hours ago, Hadron said:

Democracy is great when it works, but it isn't working. JC needs to  get behind the PM and push through what the people have already voted for and stop wasting anymore time. United we stand divided we fall. 

I think you're mistaking democracy for an elected dictatorship.

19 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Much easier to sack off Corbyn now and stand as a true Remain party. That is Labour’s only chance of an outright majority.

Spot on.  Otherwise come election time the Lib Dems will get the Labour Remain votes and the Tories or the Brexit Party (who I reckon will drop out to prop up the Tories. I don't care what Boris says about Farage, he'll change his tune to get their votes and win) will get the Leave votes.

Its going to hurt Labour by abandoning the Brexit supporting voters, but its got to be done.   

I wouldn't worry so much about the Corbyn lovers, they're slowly decreasing all the time and will end up being a tiny minority like they were with "Old Labour" when Tony Blair took over and made it electable.

Edited by alchresearch

1 hour ago, convert said:

Oh dear, looks like a Labour leader in a donkey jacket was more popular than Steptoe.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/labour-party/jeremy-corbyn/news/106687/jeremy-corbyn-most-unpopular

its not hardly surprising though is it, you can hardly say he has had fair representation by the press, and as we know most people usually believe everything that they read

7 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

its not hardly surprising though is it, you can hardly say he has had fair representation by the press, and as we know most people usually believe everything that they read

So it is surprising? 

I wondered how long it would take until someone came up with this argument. Nothing to do with his absolutely woeful and pathetic stance on Brexit, of course not! 

2 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

So it is surprising? 

I wondered how long it would take until someone came up with this argument. Nothing to do with his absolutely woeful and pathetic stance on Brexit, of course not! 

lets just put to one side for a moment Corbyn's brexit stance,  and lets also put to one side the other points where Corbyn has tried to fudge it....but i will ask you this, do you sincerely think that Corbyn has been fairly represented by the Tory owned media? or any media in fact?