The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

32 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

For all your desperate attempt to defend him his failures have clearly lead situation we are in now.

Quite a bizarre thing to say to someone who has been constantly calling for him to be replaced. 🙄 

6 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

"If..." A real cop out there.

If I have a million pounds I would be a millionaire but I don't so I'm not.

The reality is that compo IS rubbish on Brexit and he DID NOT get 5-10 points ahead. 

For all your desperate attempt to defend him his failures have clearly lead situation we are in now.

Weak incompetent opposition leader which has lead to the loons taking over the asylum on both sides of the house.

3 years of being wedged firmly on the fence that his ass must hurt.  Failure to give a clear message, failure to take decisive action, failure to look beyond his Union and protest group paymasters, failure to seek appeal to the wider voting populus

If he wasn't such a stupid stubborn old fart he would have gone a long time ago and let somebody in who can actually have a chance of winning the election and not polarise the electorate.

what an utterly stupid thing to say, so it wasnt May that completely messed up then? but its all Corbyn's fault, your hatred of the man is blinding you my friend

12 hours ago, banjodeano said:

what an utterly stupid thing to say, so it wasnt May that completely messed up then? but its all Corbyn's fault, your hatred of the man is blinding you my friend

I don't think May messed up at all.

She tried her damned hardest to get some kind of consensus going and was thwarted at every opportunity.   

Despite being open and publicly declaring that she was a remainer she understood the results of the EU referendum and knew the consequences of not following through with it - especially when the house voted for it on both sides and both sides of the house honoured to fulfill it.   

Personally I think she  worked  through extremely difficult circumstances with her failure (if you want to call it that) of having a general election in order to try and strengthen her position.   

Despite losing her majority and having to form a coalition, loser Corbyn still couldn't match anywhere near what some people laughingly declare 'the most worst pm ever'.     If Corbyn couldn't even manage to put up a fight against that competition what the hell does that make him?

You say I'm blinded - I just state the facts. 

I don't think I've ever made any disguise of my hatred of the man but at the same time there is no doubt in my mind that a more competent, likable and cooperative opposition leader would have avoided the completely polarised positions we are in now.

3 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

She tried her damned hardest to get some kind of consensus going and was thwarted at every opportunity.   

Despite being open and publicly declaring that she was a remainer she understood the results of the EU referendum and knew the consequences of not following through with it - especially when the house voted for it on both sides and both sides of the house honoured to fulfill it.   

Personally I think she  worked  through extremely difficult circumstances with her failure (if you want to call it that) of having a general election in order to try and strengthen her position.   

Despite losing her majority and having to form a coalition, loser Corbyn still couldn't match anywhere near what some people laughingly declare 'the most worst pm ever'.     If Corbyn couldn't even manage to put up a fight against that competition what the hell does that make him?

I don't think I've ever made any disguise of my hatred of the man but at the same time there is no doubt in my mind that a more competent, likable and cooperative opposition leader would have avoided the completely polarised positions we are in now.

She messed up then?

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

She made a complete mess of it, there is no other way to describe it, she was cringe worthy useless, from her arrogant i can do this and dont need help or advice from anyone, to her silly dancing queen dance, she was nothing but an embarrassment, and to lay the blame at Corbyns feet for her failure is utterly ridiculous .....and thats putting it mildly

May was arrogant and rude, storming in to 'negotiations' with no intention of discussing anything , but with a set of demands, which just got everyone else's backs' up.  David Davis who was supposedly sorting stuff out and preparing us for leaving the EU, did sweet FA for 2 years, whilst still claiming their fat cat salaries and blatantly lied about the 'progress' he and his committee had made. She repeatedly turned down offers of assistance from any of the other parliamentary parties.  Then, after grudgingly  agreeing to meet with the other party representatives she told them that she wasn't prepared to change anything! Following this shambles the Tories and their dancing monkeys - otherwise known as The Sun, Daily Mail and Biased Broadcasting Company, blamed it all on the Labour Party - specifically Jeremy Corbyn. A bit rich as The Conservatives have been the 'ruling party' throughout the whole of this shambles. Now we've got BoJo the clown - court jester to Trump (aka the orange Oompa Lumpa), pushing for a no deal so that we're in the unenviable position of having to import food and goods of questionable standards from the USA - and that's before they get even more of their grubby little hands on our NHS. By the way did you know that Boots the Chemist has been wholly owned by the American company Walgreen since 2014!

On 12/09/2019 at 18:24, ECCOnoob said:

No she didn't - she tried to get a consensus within her own party. If, instead of trying to claim all the credit for implementing brexit for the Tories, she'd made a real effort to get a cross party consensus she'd have neutralised the ERG within her own party and not alienated brexit favouring Labour MPs who didn't want to be seen benefiting the Tories.

Edited by altus

If it were the Labour Party that caused a huge constitutional and political crisis that the Tories have caused (to keep their party together); then I doubt that the press, broadcasters and this forum would be so forgiving. The Labour Party thread would go into meltdown

15 minutes ago, Mister M said:

If it were the Labour Party that caused a huge constitutional and political crisis that the Tories have caused (to keep their party together); then I doubt that the press, broadcasters and this forum would be so forgiving. The Labour Party thread would go into meltdown

It would be The Labour Party. All discussion here please [part 35] Read First Post Before Posting

Edited by Mister Gee

Its been quiet on here from his usual fan club since you posted that!  

Jeremy Corbyn: I’ll stay neutral and let the people decide on Brexit

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/17/corbyn-vows-to-put-sensible-brexit-deal-to-voters-in-referendum

And what happens if its nearly 50-50 again Jeremy?   All he's doing is avoiding upsetting what Labour supporters he has left because its split his party.   Fence sitting is not the qualities we want in a PM.

While some people have said that they'd now vote Remain instead of Leave, many original Remaners (myself included) are so sick of this dragging on they just want it over and done with.   How much money and time has been wasted so far dragging it on?

Democracy is great when it works, but it isn't working. JC needs to  get behind the PM and push through what the people have already voted for and stop wasting anymore time. United we stand divided we fall.