The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

9 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

What was so important for Corbyn not to attend last week? 

And what was so important about him going to Whaley Bridge today to have his photo taken with emergency workers?

2 hours ago, francypants said:

Ha!  Ha!  Ha!        Always backward at coming forward  !!

2 hours ago, banjodeano said:

What does this even mean..

Look it up on Google.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

And what was so important about him going to Whaley Bridge today to have his photo taken with emergency workers?

To show an interest in local areas and populations when things go bad? Show they aren't alone?

I really do think corbyns choosing the wrong options and therefore currently being very distant on topical things

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Presumably the same reasons as when Jezza deliberately dashed over and made such a big noise about turning up to pat the heads of the Grenfell victims and rescue crews.    However, the PM was criticised for not doing so immediately.

Now the boot is on the other foot and Jezza is late to the party and all the deluded corbynites such as yourself are out trying to defend him. 

Edited by ECCOnoob

34 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Presumably the same reasons as when Jezza deliberately dashed over and made such a big noise about turning up to pat the heads of the Grenfell victims and rescue crews.    However, the PM was criticised for not doing so immediately.

Now the boot is on the other foot and Jezza is late to the party and all the deluded corbynites such as yourself are out trying to defend him. 

That’s incredibly crass even by your standards.

44 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Trying to defend him?

I’m saying that politicians of any political colour turning up at news events, for what is effectively just a photo opportunity, is a bit seedy.

1 hour ago, francypants said:

Look it up on Google.

I know what it means, but it doesnt apply to what you are talking about..

to be shy and not often express wishes or opinions

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/be-backward-in-coming-forward

Edited by banjodeano

3 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

I know what it means, but it doesnt apply to what you are talking about..

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/be-backward-in-coming-forward

A matter of opinion.

If you look at other definitions,    it fits perfectly.

Edited by francypants

31 minutes ago, francypants said:

A matter of opinion.

If you look at other definitions,    it fits perfectly.

No it doesn't, show me the definitions and I will then agree with you

5 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I’m confused. How does a politician going to the scene of a high profile news story, matter?

Especially one who has no power to do anything at all,  he is not even capable of cleansing his Party of the anti-semites that inhabit it.  He is a busted flush, hard to understand why the Boris does not call a GE and with Nigels help, commit the marxist pensioner to history.

Angel1.

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Trying to defend him?

I’m saying that politicians of any political colour turning up at news events, for what is effectively just a photo opportunity, is a bit seedy.

Oh riiiiiiight.    So you think that we the public would be perfectly happy with politicians just quietly carrying on with their jobs and showing no presence at the scenes after or during a potential major event.    If that's the case why did the glorious opposition leader throw such barbs at Teresa May for her "lack of action" and "avoidance" over meeting ordinary people at Grenfell then??

Good god, these Ministers cannot win can they.  Whatever they do the gobs on the opposite bench will complain.    Turn up to a scene and they are dismissed as shameless opportunists just seeking a photo op.     Dont turn up to a scene and they are slagged off as being uncaring, out of touch, emotionless....

I trust that you fully condem Corbyn for not only shamelessly seeking this photo op - but even further adding insult to injury by rocking up well after the main event is over?

2 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

That’s incredibly crass even by your standards.

Not crass at all.   Realistic.   I call out hypocracy from both sides of the house.

In any event, I would always argue that victims in the eye of the storm after such a tragedy need practical, decisive and supportive actions from the proper authorities.   What they dont need is some suit turning up with a load of press patting them on the hands and doing their best "concerned face" for 10 minutes before buggering off.    Unfortunately the wider population doesn't see things that way.   Rightly or wrongly the public opinon and twitterati seem to think that government ministers must be seen, visiting, pointing, talking and showing their emotions at the scene in order to be deemed acceptable.   To not do so is political suicide in the eyes of the electorate.

That's how we end up with situations like this.

Its completely obvious that neither Johnson nor Corbyn are any use stood there on the scene and would get far much more work done back at their offices - but that's not what we the public expect.    We have to see them.  We have to have some pathetic visual representation that they understand and feel about some incident.  

Edited by ECCOnoob

15 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Oh riiiiiiight.    So you think that we the public would be perfectly happy with politicians just quietly carrying on with their jobs and showing no presence at the scenes after or during a potential major event.    If that's the case why did the glorious opposition leader throw such barbs at Teresa May for her "lack of action" and "avoidance" over meeting ordinary people at Grenfell then??

Good god, these Ministers cannot win can they.  Whatever they do the gobs on the opposite bench will complain.    Turn up to a scene and they are dismissed as shameless opportunists just seeking a photo op.     Dont turn up to a scene and they are slagged off as being uncaring, out of touch, emotionless....

I trust that you fully condem Corbyn for not only shamelessly seeking this photo op - but even further adding insult to injury by rocking up well after the main event is over?

Not crass at all.   Realistic.   I call out hypocracy from both sides of the house.

In any event, I would always argue that victims in the eye of the storm after such a tragedy need practical, decisive and supportive actions from the proper authorities.   What they dont need is some suit turning up with a load of press patting them on the hands and doing their best "concerned face" for 10 minutes before buggering off.    Unfortunately the wider population doesn't see things that way.   Rightly or wrongly the public opinon and twitterati seem to think that government ministers must be seen, visiting, pointing, talking and showing their emotions at the scene in order to be deemed acceptable.   To not do so is political suicide in the eyes of the electorate.

That's how we end up with situations like this.

Its completely obvious that neither Johnson nor Corbyn are any use stood there on the scene and would get far much more work done back at their offices - but that's not what we the public expect.    We have to see them.  We have to have some pathetic visual representation that they understand and feel about some incident.  

Who are the proper authorities?