The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

On 26/07/2019 at 23:18, Longcol said:

Has the Patron Saint of the Islington Allotment Society done anything of note in the last couple of weeks / months / since the last election?

He went to speak to fracking protesters near Blackpool - ignoring several public and private invitations from Cuadrilla to actually come on site and take a look around to see how "dangerous" it is as he claims.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-49162336

Another shot in the foot for him because many locals are sick of these protesters blocking the road.

21 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Another shot in the foot for him because many locals are sick of these protesters blocking the road.

I would say that the minority of locals who are complaining about the protesters are very likely to be Conservative voters anyway.

We have recently had a number of days where the grid has been powered exclusively by non fossil fuel produced electricity. Fracking, like coal burning, should remain firmly in the past.

Corbyn is right to support the local people and not the private companies trying to exploit this method of fossil fuel production.

6 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I would say that the minority of locals who are complaining about the protesters are very likely to be Conservative voters anyway.

We have recently had a number of days where the grid has been powered exclusively by non fossil fuel produced electricity. Fracking, like coal burning, should remain firmly in the past.

Corbyn is right to support the local people and not the private companies trying to exploit this method of fossil fuel production.

Since when is natural gas not a fossil fuel? 

11 minutes ago, the_bloke said:

Since when is natural gas not a fossil fuel? 

Since never, given that natural gas has always been a fossil fuel.

8 hours ago, alchresearch said:

He went to speak to fracking protesters near Blackpool - ignoring several public and private invitations from Cuadrilla to actually come on site and take a look around to see how "dangerous" it is as he claims.

Take a trip to Woodsetts or Marsh Lane to see how popular fracking is.

8 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I think you may have to revisit the source of your misguided statement.

Here is the only fact I can find.  "Britain records first coal-free week since the Victorian era, thanks to gas, nuclear power and renewables"

Angel1.

Sadly, TCH doesn't seem to check his posts as much as he used to, just like his claim that "the minority of locals who are complaining about the protesters are very likely to be Conservative voters anyway." without any evidence to back it up.  The people I know who commute between Blackpool and Preston on that road certainly aren't Tories.

Anyway, in other news, nice to see Labour support collapsing even further in the recent by-election.   

Labour, whose vote share dropped by 12.4% as it was beaten into fourth place by the Brexit Party.

23 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Lord give me strength.

The locals don’t want fracking just so they can have the road unblocked.

Idiotic

21 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Sadly, TCH doesn't seem to check his posts as much as he used to, just like his claim that "the minority of locals who are complaining about the protesters are very likely to be Conservative voters anyway." without any evidence to back it up.  The people I know who commute between Blackpool and Preston on that road certainly aren't Tories.

Anyway, in other news, nice to see Labour support collapsing even further in the recent by-election.   

Tom Davies nearly lost his deposit.. 

Even Labour's and Jezza's friend The Mirror doesn't agree with him.

Paul Routledge: 'Turn off the hot air and go frack for gas, Jeremy'

Jeremy Corbyn ­promises a ban on fracking for gas if Labour wins power – there are votes here, but it’s a short-sighted, blinkered policy that would make the UK dependent on insecure imports

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/paul-routledge-turn-hot-air-18813428?fbclid=IwAR0KurI6fnS15DrESbpnj4FhXZcdCWBzXwp7zMuxAJYg-7Hbtypl1i5XlWk

17 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Since never, given that natural gas has always been a fossil fuel.

So we haven't had any days where electricity has been produced exclusively by non fossil fuels then. They aren't using coal, but they certainly are using gas.

To get back on topic, Labour seem to have lost ground in the polls again, with some polls showing Conservatives on a ten point lead.

Because illustrious leader is missing in action as usual. Just popping up on protests. But that's OK, student politics is more important than a real opposition to the Tories ripping up the country, and union