The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

45 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

You won't answer because it will reveal what you believe. 

I won’t answer because it is complete nonsense.

I shall however ask again, why would Vince Cable ever call the EDL his friends?

Just now, Top Cats Hat said:

I won’t answer because it is complete nonsense.

I shall however ask again, why would Vince Cable ever call the EDL his friends?

This is what is known as a thought experiment. It's purpose is to reveal whether the consequence of Vince Cable saying that is the equivalent of Jeremey Corbyn saying something similar.

You know this.

It saddens me that this is your reaction to such blatant anti-semitism.  History is littered with people like you.

4 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

It saddens me that this is your reaction to such blatant anti-semitism.  History is littered with people like you.

You really are my #1 favourite comedy right-wing poster on this forum. 

You truly have stolen reptep and Lockdoctor’s crown. 😀 🤴🏻

I am glad I am your favourite.

You are near the top of my lists of "anti-semite defenders".

Budding bromance indeed.

2 hours ago, L00b said:

Suppressing moderates worked really well behind the iron curtain in the end, didn't it? :D

He should have got a lot tougher a lot quicker across the board. As it were, he's not even started yet, letting McCluskey and his fanbase do the work (badly) for him all along.

Corbyn may well have had it extremely rough in the media since 2015, but such is political life: it's more Darwinian than most to begin with, never mind in as volatile a context as the 2010s British politics.

Pragmatically, pointing out that media bias and complaining about it makes precisely zero difference in the end: either Corbyn is leadership material and finds a way to adapt and overcome (ie evolve), like others in other parties do (rightly and wrongly, witness Johnson getting to the Tory leadership), or he's not and gets consumed. 

I know it makes little difference, but i usually point it out to the people who say "corbyn should be well ahead in the polls" it is just for the hard of thinking who can not correlate between the poor polling results and the media bias, against him

43 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

I am glad I am your favourite.

You are near the top of my lists of "anti-semite defenders".

Budding bromance indeed.

As this is a Labour Party thread, maybe you could contribute something on Labour’s policies, election chances or where they stand on Brexit?

25 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

I know it makes little difference, but i usually point it out to the people who say "corbyn should be well ahead in the polls" it is just for the hard of thinking who can not correlate between the poor polling results and the media bias, against him

and a blindingly crap brexit plan thats lost all brexiters and remainers

Hmm ok.

I don't really know where they stand on Brexit.  "Get a good deal" isn't really a stance.

There has been at least some clarity with regards to a potential position on a 2nd referendum (remain).  I would support this.

I think their chances are low under Corbyn.  He couldn't beat May, one of the weakest PMs we have had for years. Dump him and they may have a chance.

6 minutes ago, melthebell said:

and a blindingly crap brexit plan thats lost all brexiters and remainers

that may also be true, but the bias against him is undeniable,  we have a fake democracy

Just now, JamesR123 said:

I don't really know where they stand on Brexit.  "Get a good deal" isn't really a stance.

It’s the stance the Tories have taken for the last three years.

Has the Patron Saint of the Islington Allotment Society done anything of note in the last couple of weeks / months / since the last election?

1 minute ago, Longcol said:

Has the Patron Saint of the Islington Allotment Society done anything of note in the last couple of weeks / months / since the last election?

He's watching his second earlies mature whilst the spiv party do their worst!