The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

1 minute ago, JamesR123 said:

The problem is it is the leader doing this.  If Corbyn wasn't  sharing anti-Semitic tweets and wasn't calling people who want to murder every Jew on the planet his friends and brothers.  If Corbyn wasn't railing at the world saying that Hamas are not terrorists, then the situation would be different.

will you stop it with the crap? the only reason Corbyn, and indeed the left as a whole is NOT to be anti-semetic but in support and solidarity with the palestinian people and AGAINST the actions of Israel against the palestinian people.

9 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Really? Try having a look at twitter or Google "boris johnson racist" and see all the newspaper articles about him.

Perhaps you're just looking for negative articles about Corbyn and failing to see what else is out there?

i am not saying there isnt articles about him, but its not wall to wall coverage

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

will you stop it with the crap? the only reason Corbyn, and indeed the left as a whole is NOT to be anti-semetic but in support and solidarity with the palestinian people and AGAINST the actions of Israel against the palestinian people.

I am not sure the whole point of the left is to support Palestine.

So you think that siding with Palestine justifies calling a group of people that want to murder all Jews (not even just all Israelies, but everyone who shares their religion) his friends?

Interesting claim you make, but it is one that I take the opposite view of I am afraid.

7 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

You just ignored my point completely, and not for the first time.  Please be more honest.

The problem is it is the leader doing this.  If Corbyn wasn't  sharing anti-Semitic tweets and wasn't calling people who want to murder every Jew on the planet his friends and brothers.  If Corbyn wasn't railing at the world saying that Hamas are not terrorists, then the situation would be different.

If it was just 0.6% of the party, and not the leader, I wouldn't have much of a problem with it.

Once again, it is because the leader (and indeed his inner circle), is involved that this is a serious issue.

OH crikey, have you not worked out that all the people within his party criticising him are the Blairites..?? can you not see the bigger picture? 

and all the statements that you keep blathering on about are all taken out of context, i bet the bias media love people like you

Just now, JamesR123 said:

So you think that siding with Palestine justifies calling a group of people that want to murder all Jews (not even just all Israelies, but everyone who shares their religion) his friends?

Interesting claim you make, but it is one that I take the opposite view of I am afraid.

YAWN...taken out of context as usual

3 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

the left have ALWAYS supported trade unions, CND, The catholics side of Northen Ireland, Palestine, against aparteid in south africa, against the poll tax ..................they have always been massive issues through the 70s / 80s and into the 90s

I don't think there is any context in which befriending  group of people that plans to exterminate all Jews is acceptable. 

You obviously do.

I don't think there is any context in which befriending  group of people that plans to exterminate all blacks is acceptable. 

Do you?

7 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

Serious question.

Do you have any freinds?

1 minute ago, JamesR123 said:

I don't think there is any context in which befriending  group of people that plans to exterminate all Jews is acceptable. 

You obviously do.

I don't think there is any context in which befriending  group of people that plans to exterminate all blacks is acceptable. 

Do you?

they dont want all jews exterminated, thats also a load of crap.

this is an interesting read, written by a jew which mentions the very such thing

https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk/article/labours-anti-semitism-crisis-is-********/

about the author, from wikipedia

Richard Silverstein, the blog's creator, is a full-time blogger[3] who describes himself as a "progressive (critical) Zionist" who supports an "Israeli withdrawal to pre-67 borders and an internationally guaranteed peace agreement with the Palestinians".[2] He also has created the now-defunct Israel Palestine Forum, a progressive forum dedicated to discussing the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.[4] He often interviews on Iranian Press TV and has contributed essays to Al Jazeera, The Huffington Post, The Guardian, Haaretz, The Jewish Daily Forward, the Los Angeles Times, Tikkun, Truthout, The American Conservative, Middle East Eye and Al-Araby Al-Jadeed.[4][5][6][7] [8]

Silverstein was born in New York City in 1952,[9] the son of a schoolteacher. Aspiring to be a Hebrew professor, he attended the Jewish Theological Seminary, earning a bachelor's degree in Hebrew literature. He also earned a BA in comparative literature from Columbia University, and studied Hebrew literature at UCLA, earning an MA.[4] He also spent an undergraduate and graduate year in Israel studying Hebrew literature at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Silverstein pursued but never completed a PhD. He worked as a fundraiser for Jewish causes, and in 1997, began working as a fundraiser for the University of Washington. He quit his job in 2003, the year his first child was born, and began blogging. He lives in Seattle with his wife, a lawyer, and their three children.[4][10] Silverstein lived in Israel for two years, studying at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem

25 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

i agree on that, he should have been a lot tougher a lot quicker with the Blairites a long time ago...

Suppressing moderates worked really well behind the iron curtain in the end, didn't it? :D

He should have got a lot tougher a lot quicker across the board. As it were, he's not even started yet, letting McCluskey and his fanbase do the work (badly) for him all along.

Corbyn may well have had it extremely rough in the media since 2015, but such is political life: it's more Darwinian than most to begin with, never mind in as volatile a context as the 2010s British politics.

Pragmatically, pointing out that media bias and complaining about it makes precisely zero difference in the end: either Corbyn is leadership material and finds a way to adapt and overcome (ie evolve), like others in other parties do (rightly and wrongly, witness Johnson getting to the Tory leadership), or he's not and gets consumed. 

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Serious question.

Do you have any freinds?

Yeah.  I am lucky enough to have a fairly wide circle of friends.  What has this got to do with the topic at hand though?

Just now, JamesR123 said:

Yeah.  I am lucky enough to have a fairly wide circle of friends.  What has this got to do with the topic at hand though?

And do you agree with every single thing said and done by those you call friends?

19 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

OH crikey, have you not worked out that all the people within his party criticising him are the Blairites..?? can you not see the bigger picture? 

Those outside - the "Blairites" as you call them (you know, those that made the party electable and popular again) - watch in shock, but many inside can't see it & get taken with the tide.

33 minutes ago, melthebell said:

cos theres an obvious war between the Corbynites and the Blairites (the left vs right of the party) and to name yourself as one of said groups in opposition to the Corbynites and then doing a big critique of Corbyn could be construed as biased.

It could just be coincidental

or taking the **** (as all critics of Corbyn get tarred as blairites)

Mel, you've missed the point.   Eric Blair is George Orwell.

Nothing to do with Tony Blair.

Edited by alchresearch