The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

22 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

It isn't the only evidence.  It is a small part of mounting evidence, much from Corbyn himself.

People are only being this forgiving of Corbyn because his alleged target is the Jews.

If an equal weight of evidence was presented against another politician, with the target being blacks instead of Jews, I doubt there would be as much forgiveness.

what evidence? where is the evidence? you get a few idiots in every party, labour is no different..

correct me if i am wrong, but i think it is only about .08% of the membership that have been ACCUSED, does that sound like there is a major problem? any other party would have the same problem if anyone was bothered about delving into it, i bet it is far far far smaller that the racism within the Tory party..

I have stated this on many occasions, and will state it again, this is just a ruse to undermine Corbyn, nothing more nothing less..

32 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

If an equal weight of evidence was presented against another politician, with the target being blacks instead of Jews, I doubt there would be as much forgiveness.

The Tories seem to get away with their Islamophobic tendencies rather easily.

BoJo is almost off the scale in his racism aimed at any racial group you care to mention. Yet nobody challenges him about his disgraceful behaviour.

So, there is a bit of mileage in the theory that this is a stick that the media use to target Corbyn. I don’t want to see hem stop doing that, but tackling the other institutional racism that infects our politics , would be a good thing too.

We have been over this.

He called Hamas and Hezbollah his friends (not to their faces as it has been claimed.

He called Hamas his brothers.

He said it is a mistake to label Hamas terrorists. 

He shared anti-semitic social media posts.

His inner circle repeatedly interrupted disciplinary hearings for employees accused of anti semitism.

His inner circle threatened former employee whistle blowers with legal action.

Multiple work colleagues have accused him of anti semitism.

1 minute ago, Pettytom said:

The Tories seem to get away with their Islamophobic tendencies rather easily.

BoJo is almost off the scale in his racism aimed at any racial group you care to mention. Yet nobody challenges him about his disgraceful behaviour.

So, there is a bit of mileage in the theory that this is a stick that the media use to target Corbyn. I don’t want to see hem stop doing that, but tackling the other institutional racism that infects our politics , would be a good thing too.

I have not seen a leader of the Tories refer to a group of people intent on killing every Muslim on the planet as his friends.

If a leader did this, I would be outraged.

The fact that BoJo has used racist terms in the past and is unapologetic about it makes him unfit to lead our nation.  However, he is not yet as bad as Corbyn (or rather there is no evidence in the public domain to suggest he is).

I welcome the investigation currently underway at Labour, and if would be more than happy for the Tories to face a similar investigation for Islamophobia.

If anything comes to light about my own party, I would press for an investigation.

6 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

We have been over this.

He called Hamas and Hezbollah his friends (not to their faces as it has been claimed.

He called Hamas his brothers.

He said it is a mistake to label Hamas terrorists. 

He shared anti-semitic social media posts.

His inner circle repeatedly interrupted disciplinary hearings for employees accused of anti semitism.

His inner circle threatened former employee whistle blowers with legal action.

Multiple work colleagues have accused him of anti semitism.

and i have answered this as much as you have posted it..

But i will ask this again.....correct me if i am wrong, but i think it is only about .08% of the membership that have been ACCUSED, does that sound like there is a major problem within the party?

4 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

and i have answered this as much as you have posted it..

But i will ask this again.....correct me if i am wrong, but i think it is only about .08% of the membership that have been ACCUSED, does that sound like there is a major problem within the party?

Yes when it is the leader that is being accused.

You feel it acceptable to explain away and justify what is obviously anti-semitic.  That's fine and I don't judge you for it.

I have trouble doing so and think that Corbyn is an anti-semite.  I would however relish the idea of having a beer with him and discussing this with him.

15 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

correct me if i am wrong, but i think it is only about .08% of the membership that have been ACCUSED, does that sound like there is a major problem?

0.6% I believe.

It is interesting how this whole issue has become a self fulfilling prophecy.

Joan Bakewell was interviewed on Newsnight the other day about why she had signed the peers letter to Jeremy Corbyn. She said that she had signed it because she had been asked to by other Labour Peers. She was asked what she knew about antisemitism in the Labour Party and she said that she knew very little about it and had never come across any during her many years in the party. She was asked to give some examples of antisemitism and replied that she couldn’t but Maureen Lipman had decided to leave the Labour Party so it must be bad. She came across as completely clueless.

She may be lauded as an intellectual and the ‘thinking man’s crumpet’ but is there really any difference between her signing the joint letter to Corbyn and a Brexit supporter ‘liking’ fake news on their facebook? In both cases, zero effort was put into considering what they were doing.

34 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

you get a few idiots in every party, labour is no different..

You sure do.  They're usually the ones with their heads in the sand when surrounded by countless pieces of evidence their leader is a lame duck.

They think he'll miraculously turn the party around and lead Labour to decades of power.

It wouldn't be so bad if it was just antisemitism.  But its not, he's weak completely across the board.

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

im a little sceptical going on the name...Eric Blairite?

Why? The authors real name is listed. He's a fan of George Orwell. 

Here's his Sheffield Uni profile:

http://sheffield.academia.edu/LJLiburd

Edited by alchresearch

1 minute ago, alchresearch said:

You sure do.  They're usually the ones with their heads in the sand when surrounded by countless pieces of evidence their leader is a lame duck.

They think he'll miraculously turn the party around and lead Labour to decades of power.

It wouldn't be so bad if it was just antisemitism.  But its not, he's weak completely across the board.

i agree on that, he should have been a lot tougher a lot quicker with the Blairites a long time ago...

24 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Really? Try having a look at twitter or Google "boris johnson racist" and see all the newspaper articles about him.

Perhaps you're just looking for negative articles about Corbyn and failing to see what else is out there?

5 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

Yes when it is the leader that is being accused.

You feel it acceptable to explain away and justify what is obviously anti-semitic.  That's fine and I don't judge you for it.

I have trouble doing so and think that Corbyn is an anti-semite.  I would however relish the idea of having a beer with him and discussing this with him.

WOW...so you think .08% or 0.6% is a major problem?

i am lost for words James, your hatred of the man has left you blinkered

3 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Why? The authors real name is listed. He's a fan of George Orwell. 

Here's his Sheffield Uni profile:

http://sheffield.academia.edu/LJLiburd

cos theres an obvious war between the Corbynites and the Blairites (the left vs right of the party) and to name yourself as one of said groups in opposition to the Corbynites and then doing a big critique of Corbyn could be construed as biased.

It could just be coincidental

or taking the **** (as all critics of Corbyn get tarred as blairites)

Just now, banjodeano said:

WOW...so you think .08% or 0.6% is a major problem?

i am lost for words James, your hatred of the man has left you blinkered

You just ignored my point completely, and not for the first time.  Please be more honest.

The problem is it is the leader doing this.  If Corbyn wasn't  sharing anti-Semitic tweets and wasn't calling people who want to murder every Jew on the planet his friends and brothers.  If Corbyn wasn't railing at the world saying that Hamas are not terrorists, then the situation would be different.

If it was just 0.6% of the party, and not the leader, I wouldn't have much of a problem with it.

Once again, it is because the leader (and indeed his inner circle), is involved that this is a serious issue.