The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

18 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Ken Livingstone: ‘Labour have got to campaign to remain’

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/16/ken-livingstone-labour-brexit-antisemitism

Is Ken right? Or have Labour left it too long with Corbyn sitting on the fence.

There's never really been long enough to hold another referendum anyway, so if we did decide another one was needed we'd need to ask for more extension time to have it.

We were told last time not to waste the extension we've been given, IMO we've done nothing but waste time so far it's pretty rude of us really.

He's positioning himself as the next leader, which probably isn't a bad thing because Labour are going nowhere with Corbyn in charge.

The loony left has had their fun, but clearly no-one is interested in what they've got to say.

53 minutes ago, geared said:

He's positioning himself as the next leader, which probably isn't a bad thing because Labour are going nowhere with Corbyn in charge.

The loony left has had their fun, but clearly no-one is interested in what they've got to say.

The only problem is that Corbyn still has a lot of followers who hate Watson and think this.  They seem to think Watson's actions are "undermining Corbyn".

However, in the past year I've seen far more posts positive for Watson from moderates and centre left than I have against him, especially since the #ResignWatson campaign last year.

I wonder if the Corbynista cult is slowly dying as each year comes and goes and Labour still aren't elected.  Anna and the other couple of supporters of him on here have been pretty quiet of late.

Labour’s balance of terror has shifted. Now Corbynites have cause to be fearful

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/03/labour-balance-of-terror-has-shifted-now-corbynites-have-cause-to-be-fearful

As long as JC has the unions then he will be leader of the opposition

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

I wonder if the Corbynista cult is slowly dying as each year comes and goes and Labour still aren't elected.  Anna and the other couple of supporters of him on here have been pretty quiet of late.

Labour’s balance of terror has shifted. Now Corbynites have cause to be fearful

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/03/labour-balance-of-terror-has-shifted-now-corbynites-have-cause-to-be-fearful

Dying or just only the radical nutjobs are the ones willing to stick around any longer.

30 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

As long as JC has the unions then he will be leader of the opposition

He'll still be the leader of Labour, whether or not they get enough seats to become the official opposition is another matter.

Other partys are now gaining momentum aiming to steal the vote away from the long established big two.

Politics show this afternoon at 12.15. One of saint Jeremy's acolytes by the name of Michael Chessum a Labour activist was on, a real Jeremy fan.

He was torn to shreds by Andrew Neil, but it was made easy for him. The said acolyte's ideas over the summer are,

1) A summer of mass occupation.

2) A summer of disruptive protest.

2) A summer of wild cat strikes.

And the Labour supporters on here say old Boris is a loony tune. Time for them to look much nearer home, much nearer.

Angel1.

4 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Politics show this afternoon at 12.15. One of saint Jeremy's acolytes by the name of Michael Chessum a Labour activist was on, a real Jeremy fan.

He was torn to shreds by Andrew Neil, but it was made easy for him. The said acolyte's ideas over the summer are,

1) A summer of mass occupation.

2) A summer of disruptive protest.

2) A summer of wild cat strikes.

And the Labour supporters on here say old Boris is a loony tune. Time for them to look much nearer home, much nearer.

Angel1.

This Chessum bloke isn't going to be our next PM though is he?

12 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

This Chessum bloke isn't going to be our next PM though is he?

I didn't know I had intimated that the Labour activist was going to be the next PM. I simply posted to show that the Labour Party has its own idiots in its ranks.

Angel1.

Good old Jezza, on the fence and buck passing as usual. 

Jeremy Corbyn calls for referendum on any Brexit deal and says there must be 'real choice' for both Leave and Remain voters

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/jeremy-corbyn-calls-for-referendum-on-any-brexit-deal-and-says-there-must-be-real-choice-for-both-a4171351.html