The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

19 hours ago, banjodeano said:

Everyone makes gaffs, some a lot more than her, but for some reason her gaffs get repeated by the media more than anyone else's, ...i'll leave you to figure out why

Doubtful any one in Parliament has made as many gaffs as Abbott. Youtube has dozens on it.

If you are a serial gaff maker banjodeano, it's not surprising that your gaffs get repeated is it.

Angel1.

No one commented on Corbyn's performance on the Marr show this morning, it's surprising. I watched intently and have to say I'm no wiser after watching it about Corbyn's stance on Brexit. In fact it would be fair to say that a bucket of mud would be clearer than Corbyn, he was a complete shambles.

May and Corbyn, is it any wonder Farage is about to annihilate them both come the election on Thursday.

Angel1.

18 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

No one commented on Corbyn's performance on the Marr show this morning, it's surprising.

If it were a Conservative MP doing poorly on Andrew Marr they'd be commenting on the Tory thread with the usual "forum Tories are quiet about this" line.

It must be quite embarrassing to admit the Labour divide about second referendums though.

On 19/05/2019 at 15:03, ANGELFIRE1 said:

No one commented on Corbyn's performance on the Marr show this morning, it's surprising. I watched intently and have to say I'm no wiser after watching it about Corbyn's stance on Brexit. In fact it would be fair to say that a bucket of mud would be clearer than Corbyn, he was a complete shambles.

No change then?  He's never wanted to take a firm stance on the subject.

On 19/05/2019 at 15:03, ANGELFIRE1 said:

May and Corbyn, is it any wonder Farage is about to annihilate them both come the election on Thursday.

It will be interesting to see how things pan out really, isn't it a different election system to our domestic one?

Edited by geared

2 minutes ago, geared said:

No change then?  He's never wanted to take a firm stance on the subject.

Corbyn has never taken a stand on anything that involves making a decision. He's paralysed from pulling all the splinters out from the fence post jammed up his backside.

He wants to try adn please everyone on the left and as a result pleases no-one and is paralysed with the inability to make a choice..

Historically he's been pretty hard left, I wonder if now he's actually in charge of the party he's realised the public aren't really up for that sort of stuff anymore?

3 minutes ago, geared said:

Historically he's been pretty hard left, I wonder if now he's actually in charge of the party he's realised the public aren't really up for that sort of stuff anymore?

He still is hard left.  His views haven't changed in 50 years.   Brexit is as much as position of the hard left as it is of the hard right.  Some of the reasons are the same (anti capitalist  and anti-globalisation, being front and centre of the common shared values).

Haha, Jesse Phillips arguing the toss in the street with people from the Asian community about LGBT lessons in their schools. This is the reality of multiculturalism that the likes of Jesse Phillips always buried their heads in the sand about, well its biting them in the bum now isn't it?

Mega lolz!

Corbyn is a criticised but never puts in place any solutions.  You probably all have a Corbyn at work who just sits there and moans.

6 hours ago, Yeah but said:

Haha, Jesse Phillips arguing the toss in the street with people from the Asian community about LGBT lessons in their schools. This is the reality of multiculturalism that the likes of Jesse Phillips always buried their heads in the sand about, well its biting them in the bum now isn't it?

What on earth has homophobia got to do with multiculturalism?

15 hours ago, Yeah but said:

Mega lolz!

Sorry but she came across pretty good to me, and its nothing to do with her "burying her head to multiculturalism".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-birmingham-48340439/mp-jess-phillips-in-lgbt-teaching-row-with-protester

13 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

What on earth has homophobia got to do with multiculturalism?

It is primarily the Muslim community that are against the LGBT rights education in schools the most. This was always going to be the case, Islam and LGBT rights don't exactly go together. Its  going to be interesting to see how this all pans out.