The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

3 hours ago, woodview said:

Man who broke egg on Corbyns head gets 28 days in Jail

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-supporter-who-egged-jeremy-corbyn-pleads-guilty-to-assault-11674799

They say Mr Corbyn was left with a red mark on his head after the vicious attack. Our jails will be even more over-flowing with this new law and order clampdown. Or possibly not.

I was once headbutted in Sheffield by a drunk, requiring stitches, he got £100 fine. Maybe if he'd cracked an egg on my head, he would have got a custodial sentence? Or possibly not.

Remember when egg man chucked a couple at Prescott, who immediately reverted to type and whacked him with a left hook or was it a right uppercut if I remember right. Prescott got away with a clean sheet, even though millions saw him whack someone. As always the rich and "famous" escape punishment.

Angel1.

54 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

The guy who egged Farage in 2014 got a 12-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay £200 costs

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-27517617

The guy who egged Prescott didn't face any charges.

Neither did Prescott who assaulted him on camera.

Angel1.

To be fair, those incidents were before we had an MP murdered for being insufficiently right wing....

I think Jo Cox has made people, and the courts, sharpen up a bit on being serious about assualt on public figures.

1 hour ago, Obelix said:

I think Jo Cox has made people, and the courts, sharpen up a bit on being serious about assualt on public figures.

As well as the explosion in racial abuse, misogyny and death threats against public figures in real life and in social media.

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

As well as the explosion in racial abuse, misogyny and death threats against public figures in real life and in social media.

And the yellow vests shouting abuse in people's faces to intimidate them....bunch of bullies

11 hours ago, Obelix said:

To be fair, those incidents were before we had an MP murdered for being insufficiently right wing....

I had a Tradesman call to give me a quote for some work, his name and number was given to me by a Forummer.  He came in the house, had 10 seconds surveying the job and then kicked off trying to spout the most vile rightwing racist rubbish Ive ever heard. I showed him the door quickly but he managed to slip a comment in about Jo Cox getting what she deserved before he left. The man is a complete lunatic.................and dangerous.

Are you saying she hasn't been expelled.?

1 hour ago, Obelix said:

Are you saying she hasn't been expelled.?

I think what he is saying that she hasn't been expelled for leaked antisemitic remarks. 

It isn't made that clear in the Guardian article what the exact reason for expulsion was other that 'breaking the rules of the party'.

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I think what he is saying that she hasn't been expelled for leaked antisemitic remarks. 

It isn't made that clear in the Guardian article what the exact reason for expulsion was other that 'breaking the rules of the party'.

Exactly, the article actually says.... 

"The former vice-chair of Momentum Jackie Walker has been expelled from the Labour party for misconduct, in one of the longest-running high-profile cases of the party’s antisemitism crisis.

It is understood the party disciplinary process took into account a pattern of behaviour by Walker over time, including comments on social media. She was expelled for “prejudicial and grossly detrimental behaviour against the party”.

but this is par for the cause, it was the same with Ken Livingstone, he was accused of antisemitism, then it was dropped but he still got kicked out for bringing the party into disrepute, and the same will happen to Chris Williamson, this is not about antisemitism, its about cutting off the left wing support for Corbyn