The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

37 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Nice idea, but I fear Momentum and the cult of Corbyn have got their claws too far into Labour to allow any challenge now.

Jess Phillips Emerges as Establishment Pick to Replace Corbyn

https://off-guardian.org/2019/03/15/jess-phillips-emerges-as-establishment-pick-to-replace-corbyn/?fbclid=IwAR2hVzaDwxfR1NeUyqJVG7Bfx4P5ifacaULllyoxEHd4yxC8aAMyHjR89bE

Two words...establishment pick, thats all you need to know

My brass would be on Keir Starmer to replace Corbyn. Although Momentum will pick the new leader I guess.

Angel1.

On 18/03/2019 at 17:15, bendix said:

Gods are fallible.  Gods can be vengeful and cruel, arrogant and dismissive of criticism, ready to smite those who dare to confront them.  I dunno - seems like a good analogy to me.  😁

ONLY if you believe in them.:thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

My brass would be on Keir Starmer to replace Corbyn. Although Momentum will pick the new leader I guess.

Unless things have changed, the membership will elect a new leader.

52 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Unless things have changed, the membership will elect a new leader.

Unfortunately the bulk of the membership isn't of a similar mindset to the bulk of Labours core voters.

Looks like there'll be big changes ahead.

5 minutes ago, woodview said:

Unfortunately the bulk of the membership isn't of a similar mindset to the bulk of Labours core voters.

Looks like there'll be big changes ahead.

The bulk of Labour voters voted against Brexit. The bulk of the membership of the Labour Party oppose Brexit.

On the single most important issue in decades, the membership are completely in tune with Labour voters.

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The bulk of Labour voters voted against Brexit. The bulk of the membership of the Labour Party oppose Brexit.

On the single most important issue in decades, the membership are completely in tune with Labour voters.

If only they'd have gone on a no-brexit policy at the last election, they'd have strolled it.

6 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Should sweep to victory then.....

44 minutes ago, woodview said:

Should sweep to victory then.....

A huge mistake that Leave supporters make when talking about the 'Labour Backlash' in leave constituencies is they don't really have any understanding of what form that backlash will take. 

Without doubt, there will be significant numbers of Labour voters who won't vote for an anti-Brexit Labour Party but what is more important is what they do, if anything, with their vote. To think that they will all vote Conservative is bonkers, even more so in light of the Tories' recent shambles. In reality, a lot will vote for Farage's new Brexit Pary. Others will vote UKIP, BNP or Britain First and many will show their annoyance by not voting at all. With the right and far-right vote split, the most likely outcome would be Labour retaining most of these seats albeit with reduced majorities.

An anti-Brexit Labour Party promising to sack the whole thing off would absolutely rinse the Lib Demn vote and may even pick up a lot of Tory marginals, particularly  in the South of England. Scottish Tories will pay the price of May's foolishness and lose the seats gained in 2017 to either Labour or the SNP.

So yes, Labour could easily sweep to victory.

And the massive boost to sterling and the markets on the news of a Labour victory promising the end of Brexit would give Labour a huge pile of cash with which to implement a radical programme. This is a chance in a lifetime where a radical left wing Labour Party could come to power without frightening the markets. If Corbyn doesn't realise this then he should be told and if he still wants to put his childish, outdated Euroscepticism first, he needs to go, and go sooner rather than later.

42 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

A huge mistake that Leave supporters make when talking about the 'Labour Backlash' in leave constituencies is they don't really have any understanding of what form that backlash will take. 

I'm not on about brexit.

On 17/03/2019 at 15:54, melthebell said:

the point is theres no proper credible opposition to the tories for people to vote for instead.

There has been NO OPPOSITION to the Torys since Jeremy became leader.  He's useless I'm sad to say. Mayhem admits today the Government is in crisis, the Torys are like headless chickens and the Labour Party is crying out for leadership. The £3-00 membership scam got the old buffer elected.  At this rate we will NEVER get rid of the Torys.

29 minutes ago, woodview said:

I'm not on about brexit.

What other issue would people be voting on?