The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

5 hours ago, banjodeano said:

You sound very bitter and jealous...

No, not bitter or jealous. Just disgusted with Corbyns performance since the Brexit vote. The Torys have been in a rare old mess, very vulnerable to attack, embarrassed by their own greedy team, and Corbyn has just sat there pretending he has some 'masterplan'  to play when the time is right. A Peoples Vote is owed to us, based on the fact that Brexit was campaigned on lies and misinformation. Jeremy doesn't want a Peoples Vote, he wants a General Election. The poor delusional old boy thinks he can win. He's missed a million opportunities to screw the Torys. He doesn't care about us, he cares about himself.

I'm sad to see Labour reduced to such a sorry state.  Not be long now and Mayhem will resign or be booted out and Rees Mogg will become PM. That will be a real disaster, Mogg is a monster...............and Labour, under Corbyns leadership will be responsible for putting him there.

No my friend, no jealousy or bitterness, just sadness to see a useless old clown destroying  the party I've supported all my life.

now come on leave corbyn alone he's doing a great job of trying to educate people not to vote labour..  d o we want an other illegal war, do we want a country so deep in debt we are still trying to pay it off with austerity imposed on all of us which by definition  can't afford it...

do want whats left of our gold reserves to be sold off after telling the world we are going to do it to force the price down... yes that happened.

do yo want yor pensions raiding again because there is too much money in them ... and now surprise surprise there isn't enough in them anymore

do we want people sending to eastern europe to try and recruit chaep labour with promises of benefits from the public coffers

im told that both blair and brown both have convictions before they got into politics if thats true how did the rise to such dizzy heights blair its said also was convicted of perjury ....

I do believe very strongly that they should stil both face charges for what they did to the UK and its indigenous people

don't et me wrong i have never thought we can trust the conservatives

but i have never doubted that we can't trust labour

so leave corbyn alone he's doing a better job of messing up labour's chances than ed miliband .... why did they pick milband over his brother .... well i reckon its because his brother might have got them a win.

17 hours ago, EUCLID11 said:

No, not bitter or jealous. Just disgusted with Corbyns performance since the Brexit vote. The Torys have been in a rare old mess, very vulnerable to attack, embarrassed by their own greedy team, and Corbyn has just sat there pretending he has some 'masterplan'  to play when the time is right. A Peoples Vote is owed to us, based on the fact that Brexit was campaigned on lies and misinformation. Jeremy doesn't want a Peoples Vote, he wants a General Election. The poor delusional old boy thinks he can win. He's missed a million opportunities to screw the Torys. He doesn't care about us, he cares about himself.

I'm sad to see Labour reduced to such a sorry state.  Not be long now and Mayhem will resign or be booted out and Rees Mogg will become PM. That will be a real disaster, Mogg is a monster...............and Labour, under Corbyns leadership will be responsible for putting him there.

No my friend, no jealousy or bitterness, just sadness to see a useless old clown destroying  the party I've supported all my life.

No, the people who are daft enough to vote Conservative  will be responsible for putting another Conservative government back in place,  

6 minutes ago, Anna B said:

No, the people who are daft enough to vote Conservative  will be responsible for putting another Conservative government back in place,  

the point is theres no proper credible opposition to the tories for people to vote for instead.

11 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Do you think the electorate are stupid?

2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

the point is theres no proper credible opposition to the tories for people to vote for instead.

there is tho Mell, people are just too stupid to see it, they are brainwashed by the Tory owned media

this says it all...

"Rees Mogg will become PM. That will be a real disaster, Mogg is a monster...............and Labour, under Corbyns leadership will be responsible for putting him there".........

Corbyn gets the blame for having the worst Tory government in living memory, you couldnt make it up

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

Do you think the electorate are stupid?

YES

This sums it up perfectly...

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/politics/facebook-comment-jeremy-corbyn-going-viral/31/05/

This Facebook comment about Jeremy Corbyn and the General Election is going viral on social media.

Chris Renwick’s post began going viral almost immediately and has been reposted across social media ever since it went up last week.

Here’s the comment in full (tell us what you think below):

Here’s what I’m really struggling to understand. All I’ve ever heard from people, for years, is:

“bloody bankers and their bonuses”
“bloody rich and their offshore tax havens “
“bloody politicians with their lying and second homes” 
“bloody corporations paying less tax than me”
“bloody Establishment, they’re all in it together”
“it’ll never change, there’s no point in voting”

And quite rightly so, I said all the same things.

But then someone comes along that’s different. He upsets the bankers and the rich. The Tory politicians hate him along with most of the labour politicians. The corporations throw more money at the politicians to keep him quiet. And the Establishment is visibly shaken. I’ve never seen the Establishment so genuinely scared of a single person.

So the media arm of the establishment gets involved. Theresa phones Rupert asking what he can do, and he tells her to keep her mouth shut, don’t do the live debate, he’ll sort this out. So the media goes into overdrive with:

“she’s strong and stable”
“he’s a clown”
“he’s not a leader”
“look he can’t even control his own party”
“he’ll ruin the economy”
“how’s he gonna pay for it all?!”
“he’s a terrorist sympathiser, burn him, burn the terrorist sympathiser”

And what do we? We’ve waited forever for an honest politician to come along but instead of getting behind him we bow to the establishment like good little workers. They whistle and we do a little dance for them. We run around like hypnotised robots repeating headlines we’ve read, all nodding and agreeing. Feeling really proud of ourselves because we think we’ve came up with our very own first political opinion. But we haven’t, we haven’t come up with anything. This is how you tell. No matter where someone lives in the country, they’re repeating the same headlines, word for word. From Cornwall to Newcastle people are saying:

“he’s a clown”
“he’s a threat to the country”
“she’s strong and stable”
“he’ll take us back to the 70s”

And there’s nothing else, there’s no further opinion. There’s no evidence apart from one radio 5 interview that isn’t even concrete evidence, he actually condemns the violence of both sides in the interview. There’s no data or studies or official reports to back anything up. Try and think really hard why you think he’s a clown, other than the fact he looks like a geography teacher (no offence geography teachers) because he hasn’t done anything clownish from what I’ve seen.

And you’re not on this planet if you think the establishment and the media aren’t all in it together.

You think Richard Branson, who’s quietly winning NHS contracts, wants Corbyn in?
You think Rupert Murdoch, who’s currently trying to widen his media monopoly by buying sky outright, wants Jeremy in?
You think the Barclay brothers, with their offshore residencies, want him in?
You think Philip Green, who stole all the pensions from BHS workers and claims his wife owns Top Shop because she lives in Monaco, wants Corbyn in?
You think the politicians, both Labour and Tory, with their second homes and alcohol paid for by us, want him in?
You think Starbucks, paying near zero tax, wants him in?
You think bankers, with their multi million pound bonuses, want him in?

And do you think they don’t have contact with May? Or with the media? You honestly think that these millionaires and billionaires are the sort of people that go “ah well, easy come easy go, it was nice while it lasted”?? I wouldn’t be if my personal fortune was at risk, I’d be straight on the phone to Theresa May or Rupert Murdoch demanding this gets sorted immediately.

Because here’s a man, a politician that doesn’t lie and can’t lie. He could have said whatever would get him votes anytime he wanted but he hasn’t. He lives in a normal house like us and uses the bus just like us. He’s fought for justice and peace for nearly 40 years. He has no career ambitions. And his seat is untouchable. That’s one of the greatest testimonies. No one comes close to removing him from his constituency, election after election.

His Manifesto is fully costed. It all adds up, yes there’s some borrowing but that’s just to renationalise the railway, you know we already subsidise them and they make profit yeah? One more time… WE subsidise the railway companies and they walk away with a profit, just try and grasp the level of **** taking going on there.

Unlike the Tory manifesto with a £9 billion hole, their figures don’t even add up.

And it benefits all of us, young, old, working, disabled, everyone. The only people it hurts are the establishment, the rich, the bankers, the top 5% highest earners.

Good, screw them, it’s long overdue. #VoteLabour #ForTheManyNotTheFew !

38 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

there is tho Mell, people are just too stupid to see it, they are brainwashed by the Tory owned media

this says it all...

"Rees Mogg will become PM. That will be a real disaster, Mogg is a monster...............and Labour, under Corbyns leadership will be responsible for putting him there".........

Corbyn gets the blame for having the worst Tory government in living memory, you couldnt make it up

now youre being silly, you neither properly countered my last post yet managed to repeat the same thing that was said.

IF an opposition is not a proper opposition then the thing youre meant to be opposing will exist, or improve? Corbyn has not been a proper opposition,

1: labour are too busy fighting each other rather than the government.

2: Corbyn is too wrapped up in winning a general election that he wont win.

3: His brexit plan is more of the same, they needed to come out and be a real opposition to brexit, attract the remainers that wont vote tory.

10 minutes ago, melthebell said:

now youre being silly, you neither properly countered my last post yet managed to repeat the same thing that was said.

IF an opposition is not a proper opposition then the thing youre meant to be opposing will exist, or improve? Corbyn has not been a proper opposition,

3: His brexit plan is more of the same, they needed to come out and be a real opposition to brexit, attract the remainers that wont vote tory.

The Blairite wing of Labour, the part that is intensely relaxed about a tiny number of people getting filthy rich, has been actively attacking Jeremy Corbyn from day one. Jeremy has rightly concentrated on winning a general election, which he came very close to doing at the last election. He knows a Peoples Vote is not supported by working class Labour voters and that the EU benefits mainly capitalist producers.

Loved the party political broadcast on theBBC, on behalf of the Labour part last Friday, more commonly known as Comic Relief.

Talk about media bias.

4 hours ago, melthebell said:

but thats just your opinion Mell, you think there is no decent opposition, but i think there is, it doesnt mean your opinion is any more valid than mine...

and who is to say he would not win an election? again that is just your opinion..

They said Corbyn would get thrashed at the last election, May was so convinced she was not only going to win but increase her majority that she called an election that she didnt need to......she barely clung to power and even  had to pay the DUP to help her, whatever happened to the "Corbyn will get thrashed" that people shouted about..?

To say Corbyn will not win the next election is just speculation

3 hours ago, convert said:

Loved the party political broadcast on theBBC, on behalf of the Labour part last Friday, more commonly known as Comic Relief.

Talk about media bias.

but we know media bias does not exist dont we....

why was it a party broadcast, what did they say or do to make you have that impression?

5 hours ago, convert said:

Talk about media bias.

Ask yourself why you'd think that? 

What effect do you think years of austerity has had on the poor? 

6 hours ago, Anna B said:

Ask yourself why you'd think that? 

What effect do you think years of austerity has had on the poor? 

A million people lifted out of absolute poverty.

Wage growth for the poorest fifth of people  higher than any other group. 

Fallen income inequality. 

Material deprivation rates for children and pensioners and the lowest rates ever.   

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/one-million-people-lifted-out-of-absolute-poverty