The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

11 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Corbyn keeps going on at May about "running down the clock".

Its more a case of him being on borrowed time:

Anti-semitism, TIG leavers, Future Britain Group, Frustrated Labour voters, Brexit.

Pretty soon there will be one more thing that's the straw which breaks the camel's back, and he's going to have to stand down or be kicked out. 

That's why I reckon he's so keen for another election, he's desperate to grab power while he still can.

No Alchreach, i am sorry to tell you, its the members that chose the leader, and the last time he was challenged he increased his vote, he will not be challenged again, his enemies know they are not wanted by the members, they will not challenge him again, they know it is futile, so all they can do is try to make the party un electable and blame it on Corbyn, hopefully mandatory re selection will come and then we will  see how popular they really are

3 hours ago, melthebell said:

LOL, more sniping and backbiting in the labour support

https://off-guardian.org/2019/03/15/jess-phillips-emerges-as-establishment-pick-to-replace-corbyn/

tearing themselves apart, the left v the rest

She says Momentum is full of people who never have to worry about money, that Marxists are all misogynists and that Corbyn think’s he’s “perfect” because he won’t admit he’s a sexist antisemite.

wow....just wow....the man  has fought racism and discrimination all his life and she has the brass neck to call him antisemitc....she really is a special kind of stupid

Edited by banjodeano

23 hours ago, sheffbag said:

... You really think the students will vote for Labour, and lets be honest nobody votes for the leader unless they are in that constituency and if they do then they are fairly misguided in what an MP does...

The students really got behind him at Labour Live (on life support with70% slashed off tickets and workers asked to work for free - below minimum wage)

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jun/18/jeremy-corbyn-tories-little-fear-jezfest-labour-live

17 hours ago, the_bloke said:

“First of all, we want to get rid of student fees altogether ...

“We’ll do it as soon as we get in, and we’ll then introduce legislation to ensure that any student going from the 2017-18 academic year will not pay fees.

https://fullfact.org/education/student-debt-what-did-labour-say/

“The next Labour government will scrap tuition fees and bring back maintenance grants, making higher education accessible for all as part of a National Education Service.”

Labour press release November 2018.

I'm not aware of this policy having been changed in the last few months.

On 14/03/2019 at 19:14, hobinfoot said:

Jeremy Corbyn whipped Labour MP's to abstain from voting for a second referendum the vote was lost. He has since said that it was Labours policy to have a second referendum. The man is a joke.

Precisely.  He puts himself before country and Party..  He will leave Labour in tatters. 

`I've done a bit of digging about Jeremy [Wikipedia].  He was a failure at school, blew his a levels {grade E], went on to some college or other [funded by his middle class Father] and blew that as well. He then did a brief spell as a journalist, no doubt made a mess of that as well and then got into working for Trade Unions. He worked for Unions representing trades HE NEVER ACTUALLY WORKED IN !! Then, somehow, he got into politics and the gravy train. Photos have appeared showing him at demos being arrested by the police. While he was at these demos, he was still getting wages. The rest of us had to work to support our families AND fight Margaret Thatcher. Jeremy was messing around at demos while I was working in Ironfoundries and steelworks struggling to put bread on the table and pay the rent. He's never had a proper job !!!  When we protested and went on strike we lost wages, once for 7 weeks without a penny. We have too many in Parliament like Jeremy. They pretend to understand the position of the working class but they haven't got a clue.

Jeremy will never make PM while he has a hole in his a....................

4 hours ago, max said:

Labour press release November 2018.

I'm not aware of this policy having been changed in the last few months.

JC has not been in power so he has not been in a posiion to try and do it do it.

58 minutes ago, EUCLID11 said:

Precisely.  He puts himself before country and Party..  He will leave Labour in tatters. 

`I've done a bit of digging about Jeremy [Wikipedia].  He was a failure at school, blew his a levels {grade E], went on to some college or other [funded by his middle class Father] and blew that as well. He then did a brief spell as a journalist, no doubt made a mess of that as well and then got into working for Trade Unions. He worked for Unions representing trades HE NEVER ACTUALLY WORKED IN !! Then, somehow, he got into politics and the gravy train. Photos have appeared showing him at demos being arrested by the police. While he was at these demos, he was still getting wages. The rest of us had to work to support our families AND fight Margaret Thatcher. Jeremy was messing around at demos while I was working in Ironfoundries and steelworks struggling to put bread on the table and pay the rent. He's never had a proper job !!!  When we protested and went on strike we lost wages, once for 7 weeks without a penny. We have too many in Parliament like Jeremy. They pretend to understand the position of the working class but they haven't got a clue.

So Corbyn was  "messing around" supporting you in the fight against Thatcher?

1 hour ago, EUCLID11 said:

You sound very bitter and jealous...

5 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

You sound very bitter and jealous...

It's a spoof account banjo, they get dafter on here.

1 hour ago, EUCLID11 said:

Precisely.  He puts himself before country and Party..  He will leave Labour in tatters..........

........Jeremy will never make PM while he has a hole in his a....................

For someone who is useless and will never lead Labour into power, he certainly must be seen as a threat to the established order.

I've never seen so many people with their panties up in a bunch about him. 😂

19 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

For someone who is useless and will never lead Labour into power, he certainly must be seen as a threat to the established order.

Yes indeed. 

636 pages on Sheffield Forum for Labour who aren't even in power, compared to 210 pages for the Conservatives who are making a complete hash of Brexit with possibly the worst Tory government ever. 

Trying to deflect attention from theirown shortcomings by criticising others. . .Just shows how worried they are. 

Edited by Anna B

24 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It does make you wonder?