The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

17 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

No you don't. Labour and the left have an almost obsession over Israel Vs Palestine, yet turn a blind eye to many other issues, apart from occasional lip service.

17 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

No you don't. Labour and the left have an almost obsession over Israel Vs Palestine, yet turn a blind eye to many other issues, apart from occasional lip service.

They are not obsessed with Israel vs Palestine, it's just constantly being brought to the fore by the media.

Jeremy Corbyn is constantly in trouble for refusing to kow tow to popular opinion on a whole range of international situations. He believes in talking not fighting to find solutions, and is vilified for it every time in the media.

He didn't win the Ghandi peace prize for nothing.

No, hes in trouble for being totally useless amongst many many other sins. You dont get to please everyone in the world - that way you please no one.

1 minute ago, Obelix said:

No, hes in trouble for being totally useless amongst many many other sins. You dont get to please everyone in the world - that way you please no one.

He has single handedly turned the Labour party in a new direction, stood his ground against the odds on a number of issues, scared the Establishment witless, and created the largest political party in Europe.

How is that 'totally useless'

Again, the line of thought from pro-Labour posters in this thread that if an MP has donations from an organisation or individual, then they must be influenced by them.

Tom Watson has donations from Jewish organisations, therefore his policies are dictated by those organisations.

Jeremy Corbyn has donations from unions, therefore his policies are dictated by the unions.

You can't believe one and not believe the other.

13 minutes ago, Obelix said:

And yet we have the worst government in living history, with Grayling literally costing us millions by the day, and you have never said on the Tory thread what a shocking government we have, why dont you toddle over there and call May useless?

8 minutes ago, the_bloke said:

Again, the line of thought from pro-Labour posters in this thread that if an MP has donations from an organisation or individual, then they must be influenced by them.

Tom Watson has donations from Jewish organisations, therefore his policies are dictated by those organisations.

Jeremy Corbyn has donations from unions, therefore his policies are dictated by the unions.

You can't believe one and not believe the other.

but the big difference is that the unions are funding the party to make it electable, but the Jewish donors money is funding the likes of watson to make it un electable..

BIG DIFFERENCE..

46 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

NO, you are wrong, they are not my figures, why do you say that. ?

By the way, what do you think about antisemitism in the Tory party? i guess you are non too bothered by  actual Tory MP's using antisimitc language?

You posted them, so they are part of your argument. I'd already seen them on QT episode last week that turned into the Gardiner show. The fact that you can't post the same figures for the 7500 blows that argument.

If we include things like twitter, I'd actually expect Diane's abusive messages to a far greater number than 7500 (same with many MPs), but that's not what you were saying. You're talking about WITHIN the party.

How many of the 7500 messages were from Labour members? You can't answer it. So you shouldn't post it for comparison reasons.

The Tories is another debate, stop trying to deflect away from your obviously nonsense post. I'm not a tory either btw.

On 01/03/2019 at 13:03, Anna B said:

Jeremy Corbyn weak? He is the most steadfast, principled and courageous Leader they've had.

cough - 'U-turns'

I preferred his old principles.

6 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

You posted them, so they are part of your argument. I'd already seen them on QT episode last week that turned into the Gardiner show. The fact that you can't post the same figures for the 7500 blows that argument.

If we include things like twitter, I'd actually expect Diane's abusive messages to a far greater number than 7500 (same with many MPs), but that's not what you were saying. You're talking about WITHIN the party.

How many of the 7500 messages were from Labour members? You can't answer it. So you shouldn't post it for comparison reasons.

The Tories is another debate, stop trying to deflect away from your obviously nonsense post. I'm not a tory either btw.

With the Tories being so vicious  in their attacks,  it's impossible to discuss one without the other.

I'm so glad you're not a Tory...

Edited by Anna B

Just now, Anna B said:

With the Tories being so viscious  in their attacks,  it's impossible to discuss one without the other.

Shame one can't trust even the most steadfast and principled people though. Who to vote for eh?

see above. Shame he didn't have more backbone 10 years on.

1 minute ago, *_ash_* said:

Shame one can't trust even the most steadfast and principled people though. Who to vote for eh?

see above. Shame he didn't have more backbone 10 years on.

Rock and a hardplace. 

Corbyn listens, weighs things up, and comes up with  pragmatic solutions. I trust he has best interests at heart, not his own interests.

Has he actually done anything useful Anna, apart from lose an election against the worst Conservative Govt we've seen in decades?

He's not single handedly turned anything. He's the tail wagging on the Momentum dog that's all he is.

56 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

And yet we have the worst government in living history, with Grayling literally costing us millions by the day, and you have never said on the Tory thread what a shocking government we have, why dont you toddle over there and call May useless?

I'm sorry when did you become the forum police?

If you want to shut me up on this thread I assume you've been reading from the momentum playbook.

37 minutes ago, Anna B said:

With the Tories being so vicious  in their attacks,  it's impossible to discuss one without the other.

Yet the broken banjo seems to want to stop discussion of the Labour party when it's inconvenient to him...

Now attacks - you never wrote something like " not in the same league as 'Twonk' Grayling. " did you? Oh you did?

Pot kettle black....

Edited by Obelix