The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

13 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Luciana Berger may well be the poster girl of the Labour right but if interviews on C4 News in Wavertree are anything to go by, she will struggle to be elected to in a rock solid Labour seat where she is not well liked and seen very much as an outsider parachuted into the constituency.

In Liverpool they've now moved their hate onto something else:

Derek Hatton: Former Militant member readmitted to Labour 34 years after expulsion

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/derek-hatton-labour-member-militant-liverpool-corbyn-nec-party-kinnock-a8785736.html

After the slating of Berger I was expecting to see support for him, but the wounds of what he did run very deep in the city.

17 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

In Liverpool they've now moved their hate onto something else:

Derek Hatton: Former Militant member readmitted to Labour 34 years after expulsion

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/derek-hatton-labour-member-militant-liverpool-corbyn-nec-party-kinnock-a8785736.html

After the slating of Berger I was expecting to see support for him, but the wounds of what he did run very deep in the city.

I read your link and didnt see any hate, what are you talking about?

1 hour ago, banjodeano said:

he prolly means Derek being readmitted after his past furores and stunts and being a leader of a highly left wing group? he did often court controversy with his actions.

10 minutes ago, melthebell said:

he prolly means Derek being readmitted after his past furores and stunts and being a leader of a highly left wing group? he did often court controversy with his actions.

Yeah, but there is no hate involved, just someone being re admitted to the party after being kicked out

Just now, banjodeano said:

Yeah, but there is no hate involved, just someone being re admitted to the party after being kicked out

thats what i thought, maybe Alchy seems his former actions hateful i dunno

somebody just posted the following, https://nyebevannews.co.uk/independent-group-refuses-to-reveal-donors-registers-its-website-in-panama-a-famous-tax-haven/?fbclid=IwAR2r5GOZidtIP0Vw4RHOosmhaM981jhfVPiDf5VYeE0Pz0ZFcrRS152Ttfk

think some digging is needed as there seems to be a lot of negative press instantly. i dont trust it till i see real proof.

Re admitting Hatton just proves that the Labour leadership have now officially lost the plot.

Angel1.

2 hours ago, banjodeano said:

You'll need to visit the Liverpool Echo Facebook page

1.png

2.png

Edited by alchresearch

17 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

You'll need to visit the Liverpool Echo Facebook page

I'm not sure that quoting from posts on a facebook page (or twitter for that matter) helps your argument.

Thanks for the Link Alchresearch...

yeah, people have mixed views about him, some positive some negative...

pretty much like any other politician...

I hear George Galloway has asked to come back to the fold, a man i have a lot of respect for

If anyone wants to see what Derek Hatton was like try and catch up with the 1991 series, G.B.H. starring Michael Palin and Robert Lindsay as Michael Murray. Michael Murray loosely based on Derek Hatton. Spot on. It is bad enough having Corbin and McDonnell but now Derek Hatton, beggars belief.

4 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Yeah yeah...  

Its all media bias init.   Its all so unfair.    Its all the bad press.  He would be PM by now if it wasn't for the 'establishnent'   why can't they all stop picking on him.

....Blah blah blah.  Yawn.

God sake when are you Corbynites going to sober up and face facts.

30 years on the back benches doing sod all.  A professional protester thrust into the top job by some cultish campaign group.  A bully and a pig headed dinosaur who is a complete turn off to the wider electorate.

A man who despite the so-called worst government ever is still only managing to scrape level at best.  A hypocrite, a reactionary, a weak leader and an incompetent fool who chucks out the easy soundbites from the opposite bench but hides away when the heat is on himself. 

Enough already with the excuses.  He's a failure and needs to go.  

'Corbyn's Secret Link To Pregnant Jewish MP's Tormentor' - The 2" front page headline in this week's Sunday Mail.

This sort of thing (and far worse) on a Daily basis. It'd be funny if it wasn't so desperate don't you think?

Especially when considering it's the the Conservatives who actually wield the power at the moment, and are making a total hash of it. Hardly a word about them and their many, multiple failings.

(PS. Today's 2" front page headline: 'Leader who's lost the plot' and a full page picture of Corbyn carrying veg on his way home from his allotment...

Relentless persecution.

Might be a good idea to report things like what Mrs May's been up to.)

Edited by Anna B