The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

3 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

isnt that what the Tories have already done?

No. Firstly, quantitive easing was the Bank of England. Secondly, it didn't print money and dish it out to whole worldwide population to "sort them all out".

1 minute ago, WiseOwl182 said:

No. Firstly, quantitive easing was the Bank of England. Secondly, it didn't print money and dish it out to whole worldwide population to "sort them all out".

so whats the difference? the government told the bank of England to print more money, the banks got the money, but they didnt get it into the system, they just sat on it and said THANKS...thats how i recall it?

2 hours ago, woodview said:

So, what's the answer? If nmw keeps going up, lots of those people won't be employed at all as it stands now.

An oft repeated nonsense.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

An oft repeated nonsense.

Explain please.

2 hours ago, banjodeano said:

so whats the difference? the government told the bank of England to print more money, the banks got the money, but they didnt get it into the system, they just sat on it and said THANKS...thats how i recall it?

The difference is that if money was printed and given out for free to everybody in the world it would quickly become devalued. It's basic economics.

10 minutes ago, woodview said:

Explain please.

Sorry, that posted before I'd finished.

Real jobs will always need doing and if a decent wage is imposed on employers, eventually that will become the norm. This will probably require a shift from private to public sector as not having shareholders and dividends to pay will make paying proper wages easier. 

A well paid workforce also increases the tax take, reduces the benefits bill and puts more money into the economy.

3 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

The difference is that if money was printed and given out for free to everybody in the world it would quickly become devalued. It's basic economics.

I dont think money is actually printed off, from what i understand it just a term that is used, but either way, its not given out to everybody in the world, just within our own country, and as i said it wasnt given to the people of the country which would have had more beneficial effect, it went straight to the banks where they kept it..

14 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Real jobs will always need doing and if a decent wage is imposed on employers, eventually that will become the norm. This will probably require a shift from private to public sector as not having shareholders and dividends to pay will make paying proper wages easier. 

A well paid workforce also increases the tax take, reduces the benefits bill and puts more money into the economy.

You’ll have to explain that “shift from private to public sector” a bit more. There are thousands of small businesses who have had to put up with min wage rises, workplace pensions, business rate increases and sterling dropping by a chunk, fuel is really high - all in about two years. 

Now if you don’t mind all them going in your shift fromprivate to public, that’s ok but I’m not sure our governments are that red hot using their skillls in the private sector.

29 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

I dont think money is actually printed off, from what i understand it just a term that is used, but either way, its not given out to everybody in the world, just within our own country, and as i said it wasnt given to the people of the country which would have had more beneficial effect, it went straight to the banks where they kept it..

I'm referring to the straw man I put up for Hot Male.

13 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I don't think you get the reality of business. Some of what you say could be true for some businesses. But 60% of private sector employment is in SMEs. The harsh truth for those is that imposing a much higher NMW means that jobs will go. Small traders aren't in a position to just pay higher wages. NMW increases often means the owner just earns less. That isn't a fat cat earning millions, it a regular man or woman doing the best they can in often difficult circumstances.

Also an NMW increase also means the whole staff gets an increase. The supervisor on £1 more still needs to get £1 more, and the group leader and the manager etc etc. That also increases prices, if the market can even support that.

These roles can't just move to the public sector. The public sector isn't going to provide hairdressing, coffee shops, plumbing and joinery. Plus where is the private sector going to get the money to do all this stuff?

I do support getting people into work and away from benefits, but your description shows a complete lack of understanding of how lots of businesses operate and the massive pressures they are under.

On 09/02/2019 at 19:11, WiseOwl182 said:

Linked source please.

You really think there's enough money in the world to "sort" everyone out? You have no idea. Next you'll be saying let's just print more and more and dish out to everyone everywhere.

Some individuals have enough personal money to make Africa far more comfortable.

Mr Amazon for instance? How much has he got stashed?

Murdoch? Oil Barons? Arms dealers? Drug Cartels?  Drug companies?  McDoogles?

Need I go on?

I think the official figure is something like 30 people in the world control 85% of the money.

That's a few billion people who 'rely' on what the 30 say and do.

Scrap HS2 and save enough money to 'sort' a good few other countries out.

Why should we help other countries they cry???  LOOK AFTER OUR OWN PEOPLE FIRST!!!!!!!

The reason we should all help each other one way or the other, is because we're all human. We start with nowt and we die with nowt.

Rattling cans to get machines for Cancer Hospitals, Cancer Research, Children's  Hospitals The homeless, The disabled etc etc.

It's funny how funding for these things mainly comes from the people in the streets pockets?

The world is swilling in money.

This country and many others are sliding downhill year after year. They're clinging on to what work they can. The GDP of Germany is dropping like a stone.

Ours is poor and has been for decades. (Don't believe Tory figures).

Italy is in deep recession. The USA is beginning to feel the pinch. France is about to burn.

And still big business, raging Capitalism and Governments continue down what they say, is 'the right way'.

2008 proved to everyone with even half a brain, that 'their way' isn't the best way.

It clearly wasn't.

What amazes me is, after a very slow recovery, our leaders are keen to go down the same path again as quickly as possible!

It failed badly in 208 and it will fail again.

In the meantime, those  who've already got it, will get a stack more of it and couldn't give a stuff.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

On 09/02/2019 at 19:37, banjodeano said:

so whats the difference? the government told the bank of England to print more money,

The BoE is independant from the Government remember...?