The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

5 hours ago, Jonny5 said:

"Stupid Woman" has pejorative connotations.

Theresa May?

58 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Ooh that vicious stance and contorted face! How offensive! 

She delayed the vote because she knew she would lose it yes, and wanted more time to get some extra assurances from the EU. I really don't see a problem with that - pretending that she isn't allowing parliament to vote at all is rather disingenuous. 

What's Labour's plan exactly? Vote the deal down and then what? 

and what assurances did she get?

Edited by banjodeano

15 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Theresa May?

Misogyny, homophobia, racism etc don't apply when thrown towards our political opponents? Really?

Obviously thats way off topic but thats a startling point to try and make. Perhaps you need to rethink that.

Edited by Jonny5

14 minutes ago, John said:

strangely enough when i first saw a proper clip i read it as stupid woman, on that slowed down clip it makes no sense at all and i cant pick up any of it lol

4 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

and what assurances did she get?

Reiteration that they want the backstop to be temporary.

I’m sure she wanted (and still wants) something more significant, but she didn’t know that’s all they would offer at the time did she? I believe she still thinks she had get more assurance before the vote. 

4 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

I’m sure she wanted (and still wants) something more significant, but she didn’t know that’s all they would offer at the time did she? I believe she still thinks she had get more assurance before the vote. 

She went back to them and came back home with nothing, a nod and a wink counts for nothing, it has to be in writing, and she didnt get that,  she is a total embarrassment.

15 minutes ago, Jonny5 said:

Misogyny, homophobia, racism etc don't apply when thrown towards our political opponents? Really?

Obviously thats way off topic but thats a startling point to try and make. Perhaps you need to rethink that.

Oh come on, 'stupid woman' might be considered unparliamentary, but we're not in parliament. Anyway it's fun to see all these people whose eyes roll out of their sockets going on about political correctness suddenly turn all snowflakey. 

12 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

She went back to them and came back home with nothing, a nod and a wink counts for nothing, it has to be in writing, and she didnt get that,  she is a total embarrassment.

And? 

I said she delayed the vote because she wanted some more assurances. Even if she got a big middle finger from Junker it doesn’t alter her reasoning at all.. she’s not psychic . 

What’s Corbyn’s plan exactly. Vote down the deal no matter what and then what? 

As an ex UKipper I don't have to defend the undefendable, that Saint Jeremy did indeed mouth the words "stupid woman". Watching the Liebourites trying to defend Corbyn has been vomit inducing at least, sickening at the worst that a Parliamentarian Leader has not got the Cojones to man up and apologise for his gaffe. 

For those on here that would try and defend his actions, I have no words that I could put on here that would be allowed.

Angel1.

23 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Everyone wants the backstop to be temporary but it also must be in place as long as it is necessary. That is potentially for the life of the Belfast Agreement which is technically forever or until the reunification of Ireland when the border will cease to exist and the whole of Ireland will then be part of the EU.

The problem with non legally binding reassurances is that they are meaningless to Brextremists as their whole belief is predicated on complete distrust of the EU and the paranoid belief that they are trying to trap us in some €uropean superstate.

2 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

And? 

I said she delayed the vote because she wanted some more assurances. Even if she got a big middle finger from Junker it doesn’t alter her reasoning at all.. she’s not psychic . 

What’s Corbyn’s plan exactly. Vote down the deal no matter what and then what? 

she delayed the vote for no other reason than she didnt have a snowball in hells chance of getting it through,  everyone told her she was flogging a dead horse and the penny finally drop