The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

52 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Precisely. If he’d said ‘silly girl’ or something obviously demeaning or belittling then I could understand the ire and why he’d want to lie about saying it. 

In this case he should have just admitted it, apologise (to settle the matter) and move on. 

Forensic lip reader has said he clearly mouths ‘stupid people’

Thats case closed. Move on. 

43 minutes ago, Jonny5 said:

"Stupid Woman" has pejorative connotations.

True but it isn’t relevant because he didn’t say it

8 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

Says who? 

Bercow says the lip speakers he spoke to said Corbyn did indeed say 'stupid women' (which funnily enough, is exactly what it looks like he said, and makes sense where people doesn't..) 

For what its worth I think he's saying "people", in response to the baying crowd.

33 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

We can see whose side the forensic lip readeris on. There's  no way this was people, any one can see that but he's  digging himself a bigger hole by lying. 

If that's  what he thinks she is then say so, I'm  all for free speech,  I happen to think he's  a scruffy unintelligent  man.

6 minutes ago, jaffa1 said:

We can see whose side the forensic lip readeris on. There's  no way this was people, any one can see that but he's  digging himself a bigger hole by lying. 

If that's  what he thinks she is then say so, I'm  all for free speech,  I happen to think he's  a scruffy unintelligent  man.

What do you think about the poverty, homelessness and abject misery the Tories are inflicting on people in this country? 

Anna Soubry has complained, I see. Good job it wasn't her who called Ed Milliband a "sanctimonious <removed>". Oh. Oh, she did. Allegedly

Edited by Bob Arctor

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

What do you think about the poverty, homelessness and abject misery the Tories are inflicting on people in this country? 

Well, let's just ignore all that, after all it doesn't matter to the Tories. Instead let's deliberately waste time arguing over 2 words Corbyn may or may not have said. . . .After all,  It takes attention away from the abject mess the Tories have got us into, so it's a useful tactic.

Incidently if you listen to what Mrs May is shouting at Corbyn immediately before his alleged comment, I find it far more offensive. But then I do find Mrs May very vicious when she has someone to write the script for her. 

Edited by Anna B

21 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Well, let's just ignore all that, after all it doesn't matter to the Tories. Instead let's deliberately waste time arguing over 2 words Corbyn may or may not have said. . . .After all,  It takes attention away from the abject mess the Tories have got us into, so it's a useful tactic.

Incidently if you listen to what Mrs May is shouting at Corbyn immediately before his alleged comment, I find it far more offensive. But then I do find Mrs May very vicious when she has someone to write the script for her. 

Why do you find comparison to a pantomime 'far more offensive' and 'very vicious'? 

2 hours ago, jaffa1 said:

Is he lying? It looks clear that he said ‘people’

even If he said ‘stupid woman’, well it’s true. She is stupid.

3 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Why do you find comparison to a pantomime 'far more offensive' and 'very vicious'? 

Because I do. May's body language, stance, stridency in her voice, contorted face, attempt at ridicule, attitude etc, IMO far more offensive. Considering the hole she's in, the pig's ear she's made of everything, and her refusal to have the democratic vote she promised just because she knows she'll lose, I also find offensive and an affront to the house.

I watched the whole thing live on 'Politics Live' (BBC2) and there were many interesting things to discuss. This isn't one of them. 

13 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Because I do. May's body language, stance, stridency in her voice, contorted face, attempt at ridicule, attitude etc, IMO far more offensive. Considering the hole she's in, the pig's ear she's made of everything, and her refusal to have the democratic vote she promised just because she knows she'll lose, I also find offensive and an affront to the house.

I watched the whole thing live on 'Politics Live' (BBC2) and there were many interesting things to discuss. This isn't one of them. 

Ooh that vicious stance and contorted face! How offensive! 

She delayed the vote because she knew she would lose it yes, and wanted more time to get some extra assurances from the EU. I really don't see a problem with that - pretending that she isn't allowing parliament to vote at all is rather disingenuous. 

What's Labour's plan exactly? Vote the deal down and then what?