The Labour Party. All discussion here please

Vaati

This is the final warning we are going to give about bickering, name calling etc. If a post breaks the forum rules, report it. Any further and accounts will be suspended.

Message added by Vaati

thats a very right wing trumptastic way of doing things :roll:

Better talk to the millions of Jeremy supporters about that

I am not aware that he has even a apologized, please post a link then we can discuss what he is supposed to have done or said.

Don't you think that is the point, what was he holding?. I guess you have to remember thou, this is before he had a makeover. Then he was just him the true him. Him we would get as a PM., to be honest, I've been a Labour supporter all my life. Then we got Blair which we thought great then realised not and now we got the opposite.

Edited by phil752

Don't you think that is the point, what was he holding?. I guess you have to remember thou, this is before he had a makeover. Then he was just him the true him. Him we would get as a PM., to be honest, I've been a Labour supporter all my life. Then we got Blair which we thought great then realised not and now we got the opposite.

dont know what you are talking about, holding what ? the wreath? this was because it was in memory of the people killed, not in support of Hezbolla, but again that was a misrepresentation by the media to fool the masses, which usually works..

But i was asked by Blake why Corbyn regretted what he had said, and i wasnt aware that he had regretted it, so lets see a link to what Corbyn has purported to have said, then i can give my views on it

---------- Post added 22-08-2018 at 05:21 ----------

Waste of time people posting links/ reports . They will be denied as fake news or the mainstream media conspiracy

which they usually are

His deluded followers certainly think he is. Man could murder puppies in front of infants and his merry band would support him.

Absolute cult.

Its the Trump effect happening on our own shores. Get enough drinking the kool-aid, push the biased media agenda hard and fast, spin spin, twist information, bring in the 'alterntive facts' and before you know it, you become the chosen one. The one who can never do wrong in the eyes of your disciples.

Absolute rubbish.

a genuine leftwing hero, Uri Avnery, died earlier this week in Tel Aviv age 94.

like a considerable number of other Israelis in the second half of the 20th century he had a truly remarkable political career and which career straddled both journalism and politics to an extent unrivalled by just about anyone else.

Avnery was a genuinely remarkable figure who makes John Pilger look like a pipsqueak whining adolescent.

founder of peace movements, revolutionary progressive publications, and like Corbyn a backbench left wing MP for years similarly sidelined and ridiculed if not totally ignored for his 'far-out- beliefs, it was something of a miracle Avnery managed to avoid assassination and live the long life he did.

He aroused the enmity of right-wing Israelis to an enormous extent from the early 1950s onwards, and there must have been two or three dozen serious conspiracies to kill him over the years. The Israeli religious people also had it in for him. They hate secularists, like Avnery. Avnery was the first Israeli to meet and speak with Yasser Arafat, which only served to increase the number of other Israelis that wanted to shoot him and which caused his own mother to disinherit him.

despite Uri Avnery's undoubted status as a peace campaigner with impeccable left-wing credentials,and who really did work for decades in a very dangerous place to promote co-existence between Arabs and Jews, don't expect a peep out of Jeremy Corbyn, John Mcdonnell, or any other of the Labour frontbench, upon Uri Avnery's passing.

Uri Avnery was a Zionist Jew.

His deluded followers certainly think he is. Man could murder puppies in front of infants and his merry band would support him.

Absolute cult.

Its the Trump effect happening on our own shores. Get enough drinking the kool-aid, push the biased media agenda hard and fast, spin spin, twist information, bring in the 'alterntive facts' and before you know it, you become the chosen one. The one who can never do wrong in the eyes of your disciples.

80% of mainstream media is against Corbyn, smearing the guy at every opportunity. Despite this Corbyn is still in the race, truth cuts through.

You say the truth cuts through, but is it the truth or a carefully orchestrated social media campaign?

You say the mainstream media is under Tory influence, I would propose that Labour has more influence on social media, simply due to the demographic.

When you promise free tuition, you get the young, social media generation on your side. Luckily for Jeremy, the Labour Party, and, more importantly the country, even that level of bribery didn't work.

You say the truth cuts through, but is it the truth or a carefully orchestrated social media campaign?

You say the mainstream media is under Tory influence, I would propose that Labour has more influence on social media, simply due to the demographic.

When you promise free tuition, you get the young, social media generation on your side. Luckily for Jeremy, the Labour Party, and, more importantly the country, even that level of bribery didn't work.

The mainstream media is owned by tax dodgers with a lot to lose. Social media is a platform where at least the truth gets through & people can find out what Corbyn believes. The under 50s voted Labour 2 to 1 over conservatives btw, not just about free tuition fees.

Edited by chakademus
Free

despite Uri Avnery's undoubted status as a peace campaigner with impeccable left-wing credentials,and who really did work for decades in a very dangerous place to promote co-existence between Arabs and Jews, don't expect a peep out of Jeremy Corbyn, John Mcdonnell, or any other of the Labour frontbench, upon Uri Avnery's passing.

Indeed, not a peep:rolleyes:

Source chosen deliberately:

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article/jeremy-corbyn-leads-tributes-veteran-israeli-peace-campaigner-uri-avnery

Or to be more accurate WAS a Zionist until he rejected it in his early 50's.

I am not aware that he has even a apologized, please post a link then we can discuss what he is supposed to have done or said.

This is him saying he regrets using the words friends with regard to a meeting held at parliament which featured Bollah but not Hamas

And this is the footage from the day before the meeting at a labour group ( i assume given the reaction he gets and the G20 poster in the background) where he calls both Hamas and Bollah "friends" but the Isrealies "the Isrealies". Now given that on various interviews Corbzs has said that he uses the term "friends" to describe everyone it seems a little odd that eh was recorded using it for the Palestinian groups but not the isrealies.

If he is a man of peace why does he only attend the wreathe laying for the Palestinian dead and not the dead of Israel ? Just asking because the other day an Israeli woman was asking the same question

Because, he wouldn't be welcome and he'd be accused of being an anti-semite or just doing it for publicity. Can't win really.